Sign in to follow this  
rickyriot

A dedicated game engine that seems not so dedicated...

21 minutes ago, Evilsausage said:

That money went to pay their staff is kinda obvious and ofc for making the Enfusion Engine. How much Enfusion is a new engine or just a highly tweeked Arma 2 engine. I don't really know.
Still at this point there really is no good excuse as to why the game feels so unfinished.

Beta?  Don't know what else to tell you.  Am I happy with it?  Nope.  Key missing features:  Vaulting, diseases, KEYBINDINGS WTF lol.  Those definitely should have been in before they even bothered slapping the beta tag on the game but I can live with it because it's light years ahead of where it was.

• Beans 2

My confidence was massively shaken by the 7 month update drought we had.

My suspicion is that they found so much flawed code in the engine they had to go back and rebuild it.

The amount of double and triple work we've seen throughout the alpha phase was disconcerting as well. The data they gleaned from our testing on the old engine seems to be useless now as they are rolling out the latest iterations that seem to be starting from scratch again. The perfect example being vehicles. When they released the latest version of vehicles performance was almost exactly as it had been when they released the first versions of vehicles on the old engine.

Infected were originally supposed to be server controlled and they fell back on dynamic spawned infected after many many months with almost no infected in game at all. They could have been perfecting dynamic spawn that whole time and given the PvE players more to do but instead we suffered in an empty game for months.

There is probably a list of twenty or less features that should have been worked on as priorities from day one. 

Things as basic as throwing objects and key bindings being two examples that defy explanation as to why they were left off.

At this point I'm slogging forward, taking everything they say with a box of salt, and hoping that maybe something they call 1.5 or a modded version will deliver on the original promises.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Beans 1

On 11/13/2018 at 2:19 PM, sneakydude said:

You do know we have been here awhile right? It was pre alpha most of us where involved in.

I been playing a long time to yo. Im just saying 35 or 40 dollars is a small price to pay. I've paid it to Bohemia several times for this same game. A copy for me and my wife on PC and 2 copies for Xbone. I bought hundreds of dollars worth of DLC for Arma III trying to stay up on the times lmfao That doesnt make it okay if I decide to come on here and ream the devs for not meeting my expectations on my 30$. Regardless of how old your Bohemia interactive account is 30$ is a small price to pay for the hours of enjoyment we may or may not have gained. Additionally I'm glad for the opportunity to take part in the creation of the game.