kmiles1990

Chathandling

Is there any way to handle client chat yet? I want my player to be able to type commands (/players) and see a list of online players. Or any commands really, with the current state of DayZ is this possible now? 

On 12.11.2018 at 1:52 PM, kaspar rave said:

I would love a script that allows everybody to use things as /time /location /players

I tried butcher this script admintools.c

but that did'nt work :P

this worked only for loginnad player with default admin status game (#login {passwordAdmin} in chat)

Well I cant get it to work even with #login password it just replys my password to me, butt not like i said something i only see the password echoed back.

Am I missing something here

override void OnEvent(EventType eventTypeId, Param params) 
	{
		super.OnEvent(eventTypeId, params);
		m_oPlayer.MessageStatus(eventTypeId.ToString());
	}

MessageStatus not working so I can't debug.

I'm searching for a API function that I can use for handling chat as well, can someone answer?

Edited by IdoX

1 hour ago, IdoX said:

I'm searching for a API function that I can use for handling chat as well, can someone answer?

answer what, what question?
You'll have to make your own.

https://github.com/greeneman42/DayZAdminCommands/blob/master/init.c

Here's what I came up with from admintools.c .  It only works when the player is logged in as admin with the #login command.  Hopefully that's a start and can eventually work for all players.

I added /car, /m4, and /boar for now.  Should be easy enough to follow along with for adding more commands.

Edited by Dylan Greene

On 9-12-2018 at 11:49 PM, Dylan Greene said:

https://github.com/greeneman42/DayZAdminCommands/blob/master/init.c

Here's what I came up with from admintools.c .  It only works when the player is logged in as admin with the #login command.  Hopefully that's a start and can eventually work for all players.

I added /car, /m4, and /boar for now.  Should be easy enough to follow along with for adding more commands.

thnx will try that out.