Sign in to follow this  
Arti Schmitke

everything flimmering

hey there,

so i just startet dayz again and i have a big problem with the screen..

is it normal that everything is flimmering now??!

anyone have a solution for this?

u see the mountains behind are normal, everything near to me, like the grass and the trees have got a flimmer on it. (like on a TV with no frequence)

https://ibb.co/dbY5iV

Edited by Arti Schmitke

Probably the anti-gamma, preventing you from turning up gamma to see at night.

5 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Probably the anti-gamma, preventing you from turning up gamma to see at night.

How do I fix the "anti-gamma" now that I cant do it in game?

I have changed it in the "USERNAME_settings.DayZProfile". I set it to 0.5 and it's still the same. For me it's alot worse than the picture shown above.

That is the point Godless, you aren't meant to "fix" the "fix" of the gamma "hack".

Personally I like it, and have always hated those who exploit the game engine in order to reduce the challenge of the game and also to gain an advantage over others. What is the point of using gamma to correct night time? Just play day time. If you don't like night time, go to a server that is all day and no night.

Your image was really dark,  I didn't know what I was looking for.  So,..

I had to look up the word 'flimmering' online before posting here.  The only definition that I either understood or felt confident with came from the urban dictionary.   

That said, I advise that you tell that bitch to go out and get a job or something.

When in doubt, do what Gews tells you to do.  

Edited by Parazight

On 10.11.2018 at 1:59 PM, rickyriot said:

That is the point Godless, you aren't meant to "fix" the "fix" of the gamma "hack".

Personally I like it, and have always hated those who exploit the game engine in order to reduce the challenge of the game and also to gain an advantage over others. What is the point of using gamma to correct night time? Just play day time. If you don't like night time, go to a server that is all day and no night.

My goal isn't to prevent the "gamma fix". If my screen actually showed darkness and not something from an old tv without signal, it would be alright. The whole screen is flimmering and going crazy when it's dark. 

It's probably because I had high gamma before the update, and now that I can't reduce the gamma i'm cursed with the "gamma fix". I love playing on dark servers and my point is that i want to turn gamma DOWN.

You can also tune gamma from your screen's (display or TV shouldn't matter) own settings. Other place you can tune it is from graphics control panel. At least with Nvidia it's "Nvidia Control Panel" and there go in Display -> Adjust Display Color Settings.

1 minute ago, St. Jimmy said:

You can also tune gamma from your screen's (display or TV shouldn't matter) own settings. Other place you can tune it is from graphics control panel. At least with Nvidia it's "Nvidia Control Panel" and there go in Display -> Adjust Display Color Settings.

I know, but I don't have high gamma in nvidia control panel. if I turn it further down, everything else on my screen will have low gamma. Like when i'm playing other games, or using facebook for that matter. What should the gamma be in nvidia control panel?

Or can I make changes only for overlaying games?