Sign in to follow this  
forteantimes23

Why is the game UI so bad?

Every time I come back I have to relearn the terrible controls which always seem to subtly change.  I have 586 hours in this game, why is it such a pain in the arse every single time I come back?  I can't seem to look over my shoulder now, jumping over small fences is now a matter of pure luck rather than design. I'm currently standing with a sewing kit in my hands that I can't remove. In the inventory screen it just says combine/swap message which does nothing.

Equipping items is just random, do I use the mouse? Do I "hover" the items over a vague part of my body? Do I use the power of telekenesis to place a beanie on my head? 

Earlier after spawning I climbed up a small tower and there was no command allowing me to climb back down so I had to jump, which should have killed me but barely left me with a scratch. 

Any other game that you've invested time in takes a matter of minutes to pick up again. Not DayZ no it's like it was designed by an alien. 

FFS isn't this supposed to be beta or something??? 

Ammunition. All through the stress testing and new UI I was sure the devs would change the way the ammo is shown in your inventory. The ugly black circle showing the amount covers a good proportion of the "ui square" with the images used for the ammo itself is hard to distinguish due to colour scheme and size.

Yet roll along to beta and the ammo is still a mess. Sure some things are easier to spot but it really does need a considerable fresh lick of paint. I'm guessing something like PUBG would be one way to go. The drag drop seems responsive and the items are clear and identifiable. Obviously PUBG is not DayZ so it couldn't be a straight like for like copy but the current UI is pretty ugly (which would be fine) if not a little glitchy.

Edited by rickyriot

OK so my new beta guy despite the server screen showing him turned into a new s pawn on entering the game. Fine  So new guy spawns  in the rain, I found a house and tried to put on a jacket but it vanished also the rags and road flare have gone to.

This is worse than when the Standalone came out what is going on? 

well my rags and flare turned up and there was much rejoicing. However everywhere I go all I find are badly damaged denim shorts, (I've found 5), and if I want to jump anything I have to switch to 1st person - which makes perfect sense doesn't it? Luckily the zombies, (and don't give me crap about they are not zombies it was on the front Bohemia DayZ page for years calling them zombies), are drunk, blind or both. 

Edited by forteantimes23

OK given up as I've jut not got the patience to do this at the moment I logged out and my guy looks strangely like how I feeling about the game.

sorry it wont let me post a steam screen shot on here.  (Imagine a guy looking sad and in his underpants)

FFS help me Bohemia and fan-people! I've got 500+ hours! help me!

Edited by forteantimes23

It's almost like you're beta testing a game that hasn't gotten to the full release state yet....

• Confused 1
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, GrossKopfZed said:

It's almost like you're beta testing a game that hasn't gotten to the full release state yet....

This is a BS excuse at this point, sorry. 

Heard this shit for the better part of 5 years, now.

2 hours ago, DeatHTaX said:

This is a BS excuse at this point, sorry. 

Heard this shit for the better part of 5 years, now.

Telling you that a beta has bugs is a BS excuse? That's the fact. It's a beta program. 

2 hours ago, GrossKopfZed said:

Telling you that a beta has bugs is a BS excuse? That's the fact. It's a beta program. 

True but at a certain point it gets kinda silly. Besides the amount of bugs there are it still feels more like a alpha then a beta.
Shouldn't this new engine have solved alot of issues? I mean there are bugs all over the place. They got less then a month to get the full game out. Can't say i notice any major differance in bugs now compared to like 3 years ago. Just different stuff not working.

Edited by Evilsausage