ImpulZ

Stable Update 0.63.149386

8 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

This is a hardcore survival simulator based on realism for the most part so players shouldn't be able to carry heavy objects and still be able to jog/run/etc. I doubt anyone in real life can run carrying heavy objects like barrels, wheels, etc. for long distances or even short distances without falling on their face. 

Yes I agree, but something could be done like being able to jog or walk faster while carrying heavy objects because there are very few vehicles at the moment, I don't really know if you can carry planks and barrels inside the 4x4, I guess You can't so the only way might be the truck.

In the case of transporting barrels or wheels in real life You would be rolling it, much less energy consuming and faster :P

Edited by Wili

Lighting system needs a rework like ASAP . Lots of QoL things need to be added like one handed light sources (while dual wielding with a weapon) . Cars , car parts, and basebuilding materials need to be more common , no sense in making us scavenge another 2 years to properly test a patch that could be tested much quicker if given the proper parameters in game .

Zombies seem ... “meh” at best  - I remember when they were actually viscious when they first added zombies jumping fences , now they are kittens . Also , it’s a huge shame not seeing soft skills for anything like mechanics , Medical , or even weapons handling  ... is that even going to be a feature anymore or was all that cut for the Xbox kids as well ? It was a major selling point much like vehicles and now it’s hard to get any info on dayzs future let alone that info ....

Overall beta seems ok , but not “5 years work” amazing . I’m hoping to see some RAPID progress from here on out - absolutely nothing is stopping that from happening now , right? 

-just did a rough count , and we were stuck in .62 hell for 1 YEAR and 5 months . Let’s hope we can put that behind us now and move on-

Edited by blackberrygoo

The physics of vehicle suspension is broken, the car reflects like a rubber from the ground, which roams for no reason and destroys tires, etc. 20 minutes after taking the car from respawn, the car disappeared with all items, including nails, metal and other building loot.

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, djkatt said:

The physics of vehicle suspension is broken, the car reflects like a rubber from the ground, which roams for no reason and destroys tires, etc. 20 minutes after taking the car from respawn, the car disappeared with all items, including nails, metal and other building loot.

Yes me same problems. Its very bad because all items are deleted.

Edited by xBoZZ

I think when you get a certain distance from your vehicle it despawns after a few minutes with everything in it, not sure where it goes but only solution I see for now is to leave a guy in the vehicle while you loot around

• Haha 1

3 lives so far. died of dehydration all 3 times. Even found an almost empty water bottle on the 3rd one. Seems like you get about 30 minutes as a bambi before you keel over from dehydration.

13 minutes ago, Rammit (DayZ) said:

3 lives so far. died of dehydration all 3 times. Even found an almost empty water bottle on the 3rd one. Seems like you get about 30 minutes as a bambi before you keel over from dehydration.

Try not to sprint at the start and head inland away from the coast there are plenty ponds  you can drink from, sprinting from fresh spawn is the worst thing you can do

• Beans 1

27 minutes ago, Rammit (DayZ) said:

There are ponds near basically every spawn point: https://dayz.ginfo.gg/#c=-24;110;5

W2Ek3Rc.jpgSorry for my English. I use google translator.

1) Problems with animation of zombies and wolves - they move too slowly and jerky. Sometimes zombies begin to appear in a closed building or container behind your back, although they were not there a few seconds ago.

2)Problems with the animation of the movement of other characters. Everyone sees on his monitor that he is moving normally, but for another person he moves in spurts

2) The damage from zombies has become less - now they need to inflict more blows to kill a person. They again ceased to pose a threat ..

3) During a fight at close range, I and my enemy shot two magasines from the Kalashnikov and M4a1 at each other (tried to shoot single and automatic fire using the Cobra sight at the Kalashnikov and also shooting from the hip). We move and shot two mags from our guns into each other, but we did not die (the health status turned red), and it turned out to kill the enemy only with bare hands.

4) The problem with the textures of the administrative building in Pavlovo at a military base(and  in other locations). On the roof became transparent texture. On the first floor became transparent texture.

When the DAYZ Standalone came out in 2013 in the Alpha version, there were no such bugs with the registration of hits, and in 2018 there was a Beta in the Stable version. How?

Edited by remastyi
edit
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 2

1 hour ago, SmokeyFTM said:

Try not to sprint at the start and head inland away from the coast there are plenty ponds  you can drink from, sprinting from fresh spawn is the worst thing you can do

I've not been sprinting. Just doing default jog, since walk is a hold toggle, it seems, with current default bindings. Guess, I've just had bad luck with my spawns so far. Wasn't as common back in the day when I played, that I would die of dehydration so quickly. Plus, when it's pouring rain, it seems to compound your food and water degeneration.

Hearing multiple gun shot sounds over various distances have changed since .63 Stable update.   At least for me.   I've been playing on Black Raven DM PVP server and the NWAF sounds eerily quiet compared to pre-Beta update to Stable.   Before you could hear a ton of distant fire fights happening, even if just barely perceptible.  And I mean constantly.     Now, I hear maybe one or two shots close to me and many times it sounds like multiple shots compressed in a shorter span.   Like the server just rushed a bunch of sounds all at once.   Very noticeable difference.   I no longer hear many of the distant shots.   Just the extremely close ones.

Did they change the mechanics for basebuilding?

Craft a fencekit, put 2 logs inside, have a sledgehammer and cant build the first step. 

Did i miss something?

Edited by w0nd4bra

4 minutes ago, w0nd4bra said:

Did they change the mechanics for basebuilding?

Craft a fencekit, put 2 logs inside, have a sledgehammer and cant build the first step. 

Did i miss something?

You need planks of wood Aswell you can use hacksaw to turn logs into planks or find them at wood piles

11 hours ago, Seitan said:

Head torch needs some fixing. If you move just your head the spotlight wont move with it. And from 3rd person it looks like this in certain angles. Love the sound of rain and wind. Damn nice atmosphere.

1sTy7wQ.jpg

I completely agree. Inside of buildings the headtorch is useless as its position is so far above the player's head.

Sometimes zombies begin to appear in a closed building or container behind your back

I can confirm that. Happened twice in a military tent.

3 hours ago, Rammit (DayZ) said:

3 lives so far. died of dehydration all 3 times.

Try to kill some infected too - sometimes they have useful stuff with them. Last night, when the crafting was bugged and I couldn't open a can, almost died from starvation. Trying to run to the next town (knowing that I'd never make it in time) an infected saw me. I killed him and... wow - he had one of those ring pull cans. :-D

Oh, and I found lots of soda cans at the small boats at the coast.

Edited by Undeceived
  • Beans 1

@w0nd4bra for that first step you need the shovel because you dig those 2 logs in the ground
took me a while too to figure that one out
i'm not sure the sledge works for the steps after that but good luck!

• Like 1

So, I ran into an annoying bug last night.  Logged in for the first time since the beta build went to stable branch and spent the evening hanging out in Electro with some people I met in game.  Found a large amount of barrels and set up a little stash spot.  Was walking another barrel to my hidey hole and aggro'd a zombie.  I hit tab and click-dragged it to the "Vicinity" as I did the other 7 barrels and all of a sudden, its background goes red and won't allow me to do it.  I tried a couple more times, didn't work.  I hit tab and tried the new placement method that seems a bit hit and miss anyway and it wouldn't activate.  Tried just hitting my splitting axe hotkey and nothing.  My character just stood there getting mauled by a zombie for a good long minute before going unconscious.  Now, I've died to some annoying bugs before, but dying that slowly to a bug is just a new level of annoying.  I know the dev team has their hands full, but if this issue could be addressed it would be greatly appreciated by all of us barrel hogs.

Sincerely,

= NNG

after server restart, zombies get 500% dmg, they dont make sounds when they find you and they can find you from 100 meters even if you crouch ;f i think something is wrong maybe it will repair after next restart

9 hours ago, SmokeyFTM said:

I think when you get a certain distance from your vehicle it despawns after a few minutes with everything in it, not sure where it goes but only solution I see for now is to leave a guy in the vehicle while you loot around

no its not that do you know why?

me and my friend was changing from car checking so 1 of us was around car and car got broken, we repaired car and it cant start engine after 2 minutes of trying to run car, it just disappeared, it was 2 car what disappeared

but we got 3 cars, third car landed on roof on road and i taked wheels etc from it to other car, it stay in this position from yesterday

Good update, but why items have got wrong names (LADA - ADA, AK-M - KA-M)? And Surrender with F5 does not work.

• Beans 1

double post

Edited by TAMTA
double post

1 hour ago, djkatt said:

no its not that do you know why?

me and my friend was changing from car checking so 1 of us was around car and car got broken, we repaired car and it cant start engine after 2 minutes of trying to run car, it just disappeared, it was 2 car what disappeared

but we got 3 cars, third car landed on roof on road and i taked wheels etc from it to other car, it stay in this position from yesterday

Yes, that is true. Cars remain on Server even if youre not near yours. I think after a serious damage cars get destroyed, like in the Mod without going up in flames and without causing passenger injuries. That's not well thought, cars have to  be able to sustain more damage before getting destroyed, plus we need some indication that they are seriously damaged and going to dissapear.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, Seky1002 said:

Good update, but why items have got wrong names (LADA - ADA, AK-M - KA-M)? And Surrender with F5 does not work.

The name changes are there due to legal reasons, as stated in one of the last dev reports.

A bug that happens rather often:

Objects taken into the hand do not show up in the hand but somewhere else, e.g. in the back or above the head. Sometimes they don't work properly (e.g. glow stick, doesn't glow, I only see the glow in third person but it doesn't illuminate the surrounding), sometimes they do (e.g. pepper, which then is consumed above the head :-) ). 

I found out that most if the time this can be fixed by raising it and hitting with in it the hand. Then the object shows up in the hand again.

Edited by Undeceived

The Headlight have the lightsource to a hight position. on some Bulidings work nice (if are highter inside)... and in some little Houses are creepy.

Outside the naturale floors will by not enlightet.