robotstar

Can't combine items?

Has the latest stable release screwed up combining of items, or is it just my server? Can't open cans or anything that requires combining one item with another. I hope it's not just my server that's messed up!

15 minutes ago, robotstar said:

Has the latest stable release screwed up combining of items, or is it just my server? Can't open cans or anything that requires combining one item with another. I hope it's not just my server that's messed up!

Learnt it the hard way, as I starved holding my hunting knife and a pumpkin. The knife wasn't able to cut a long stick into smaller ones, either.

You're not alone!

Anything you combine (can and can openers, sewing kits and damaged items, cutting up sticks) isn't currently working in-game.  I'm guessing the Devs are working on this.

I've noticed the same.  I couldn't find a way to open cans, even with the can opener.  Can't use a sewing kit or craft an improvised suppressor.  The options simply don't appear.  This is a primary functionality of the game so I suspect (I hope) a quick patch will be coming soon.  Without it much of the fundamental gameplay is lost.

Also @Kirov (DayZ) last patch if you sliced a pumpkin the result was all seeds and no food ... but you could eat the pumpkin whole without slicing it. 

• Beans 1

12 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

I've noticed the same.  I couldn't find a way to open cans, even with the can opener.  Can't use a sewing kit or craft an improvised suppressor.  The options simply don't appear.  This is a primary functionality of the game so I suspect (I hope) a quick patch will be coming soon.  Without it much of the fundamental gameplay is lost.

Also @Kirov (DayZ) last patch if you sliced a pumpkin the result was all seeds and no food ... but you could eat the pumpkin whole without slicing it. 

They are working on a fix for it already. It's most likely going to be out today. I would almost say, it's certain that it's going to be out today because of the weekend.

And now you can (or need?) to cut the pumpkin in slices and eat them.

• Beans 1

That explains alot. Thought I did something wrong.

Btw is the Vaulting system bugged or am I just doing it wrong?  Doesn't seem to work like it used to.

5 hours ago, IMT said:

And now you can (or need?) to cut the pumpkin in slices and eat them.

You can't eat an unsliced pumpkin now, or at least - couldn't last night.

1 minute ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

You can't eat an unsliced pumpkin now, or at least - couldn't last night.

Yep, just tested it, you need to cut them which will give you slices (one item) plus you get seeds.

• Beans 2

Yeah just tried it myself - and by weight it makes sense to cut that pumpkin into slices right away.  Seems that cans and openers are working fine now too.

5 hours ago, Evilsausage said:

Btw is the Vaulting system bugged or am I just doing it wrong?  Doesn't seem to work like it used to.

I was wondering why I couldn't vault too but then I realized that I was weighed down with junk.  In my case it was the stamina system not a bug.  Why was I carrying around 4 pumpkins anyway?

But is that intended to remain in the game? I mean a soldier with full military gear can do that. Even a knight in full plate armor is actually quite agile. 

Now I'm getting kick out for all the servers I've tried (more than a dozen, official and private alike). After several minutes of playing, the items around me stop responding (doors can't be opened etc., as if I was losing connection) and then I'm kicked for 'modified data'. This despite I make sure to check 'version match', besides it's with official servers. Is there anything I can do?

Sorry to write here, but I  didn't want to start a separate thread just for that.