Sign in to follow this  
Evilsausage

Tried 6.3, have the Zombies gotten worse?

Played a couple of hours of 6.3 DayZ and enjoyed it quite a bit. I actually found loot near the coast aswell.
But whats the deal with the  Infected? I ran right infront of them(like 10 meters) and they didn't react at all. I also ran right behind one, like 1 or 2 meters and nothing, aren't they suppose to have a hearing?
Atleast 1 or 2 years ago, it felt like they noticed you better.

I personally think DayZ is the most fun when the Infected are a bit harder to sneak past. It makes exploring towns more difficult. If spotted its forcing you to run or use your melee weapon. Even in extreme cases use your gun.
That adds alot to the game and it makes it more likely that other players will know if someone is there. I just hope this isn't the intended design for the Infected.

I played on a very rainy server, so maybe thats why they didn't spot me. Is it the same for you guys?

• Beans 1

yes...i have also noticed chickens are quite low.also i managed yesterday go and beat the cows with my fist.
maybe all AI has a problem

They have some lagging issues but I'd rather keep them as it as than to reduce number of zombies or even God forrbid remove them. They are working on the fix. You might notice that there are a LOT more zombies than ever before.

1 hour ago, Just Caused said:

They have some lagging issues but I'd rather keep them as it as than to reduce number of zombies or even God forrbid remove them. They are working on the fix. You might notice that there are a LOT more zombies than ever before.

Yeah I hated it when they where removed. But there was a time, if i recall when the wolves where quite new in the game. Then when I played it felt like there where just as many Zombies as now and they worked better. Not great, but better.
Really hope it gets fixed before 1.0. Its gonna look quite bad to have useless zombies in a zombie survival game.

Gee i thought beta was for, bug fixing and polishing.
some of you don't get that.
they are trying to do it in two months instead of a year.

• Haha 1

Well they have had several years to work on the Zombies. They got quite a long list of bugs to fix before christmas. It would probably be hard to get done for most studios. Concidering BiS had major issues keeping deadlines before, I'm gonna be a bit sceptical. 

Still really hope it gets fixed by then! 

• Beans 1

I've posted a separate thread about this, but I still find it incredible that one of the main USP of DayZ is it's zombies but despite many years in development and a complete redesign of the game engine this core element is still miles away from being "acceptable".

I get it, AI is bloody difficult to code and I am entirely convinced the devs have spent a long time developing it, but it's highly frustrating that the game engine itself seems incapable of handling zombies even at the most basic level.

• Beans 1

49 minutes ago, rickyriot said:

I've posted a separate thread about this, but I still find it incredible that one of the main USP of DayZ is it's zombies but despite many years in development and a complete redesign of the game engine this core element is still miles away from being "acceptable".

I get it, AI is bloody difficult to code and I am entirely convinced the devs have spent a long time developing it, but it's highly frustrating that the game engine itself seems incapable of handling zombies even at the most basic level.

Yeah, I mean people complain Fallout 76 combat is bad vs AI. But its still lightyears better then DayZs. 

The melee combat was supposed to be better in 6.3. And yeah maybe it is a little. But its still horrid when comparing to basically any game on the market.

I know everything becomes harder when everything is on server. I have kinda accepted that the DayZ zombie combat will be messy to some extent. 

Still a bit better combat and atleast zombies that can be a threat should not be too much to ask for in a Zombie survival game. 

Edited by Evilsausage
  • Beans 1

They were incredibly challenging when they first implemented the zombies vaulting over fences , what was that , 8 months ago now ? Since then they have been an absolute roller coaster of ups and downs , mostly downs though as they are now non-threatening, are they really toning the zombies down to match Xbox player levels of difficulty ? The devs said they would never cater to that noise noise noise yet here are the zombies becoming an almost arcade like inconvienance rather than the scary , aggressive monsters they should be  

• Beans 1