Sign in to follow this  
Bob.E.Dazzler

Hold LMB= RSI

I hope you  will consider the possibility of binding a toggle for some of these activities, notably eating and bandaging; which require me to constantly hold the LMB. This is a constant strain with the real possibility of introducing a RSI, I will be unable to play with the current 'hold LMB' for all action set up.

• Beans 1

i'm left handed also, i set my keyboard at an angle so my right hand can work the wasd keys well enough to drive .
think out side the box. at least till they fix it so you can rebind the keys.

It's not about 'handedness' but about strain from having to hold in a button for most activities e.g. reloading mag,eating,healing etc. all using this mechanic.

I agree, I don't think holding for all the actions was the best design choice, I'd prefer to toggle and let the action proceed, instead of holding the mouse the entire time while my character slowly eats a pumpkin, or some shit.

• Like 1

You can use a macro program for holding lclick down.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wili said:

You can use a macro program for holding lclick down.

It's a idea cheers, will await 1.0 and see what binding options are available then.

17 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

What's next, adding auto navigation so you don't have to hold your movement keys down?  

Going by requirement to hoooooooooooooold the mouse the entire time you perform an action, I'd say the next step is requiring the player to tap "W" every time he wants his character to take a step. W, W, W, W, W, W. W, W. Not a big deal unless one is a filthy casual, as you'd only need to press "W" about 3500 times to get from Elektro to Cherno.

• Haha 1

I don't find it a real big problem, only with things which have long animations and require you to finish that animation, like cooking on a stick. It takes a minute or something and you need to hold down the mouse button all the time. For that, I would like to see maybe a single click which starts the animation until it finishes. Moving away will cancel the animation. But for eating, opening cans, etc. it isn't too bad because they are relative short animations.

Edited by IMT

7 minutes ago, IMT said:

I don't find it a real big problem, only with things which have long animations and require you to finish that animation, like cooking on a stick. It takes a minute or something and you need to hold down the mouse button all the time. For that, I would like to see maybe a single click which starts the animation until it finishes. Moving away will cancel the animation. But for eating, opening cans, etc. it isn't too bad because they are relative short animations.

It's not that bad for drinking cans, etc. Certain long actions it's pretty annoying, but they aren't that common. However, it's less convenient than clicking, and I see no compelling reason to keep it and avoid click-to-start and either click-to-stop or sprint-to-stop or start-another-action-to-stop, all of which would be a QOL improvement.

• Like 2