Sign in to follow this  
Just Caused

Character wipes after 10MB Stable update

Am I the only one experiencing this? 10 minutes ago I was running towards Novy Sobor just to see server error. Turns out while I was playing the game was updated so I had to restart it. I join in the same server and then I'm set miles away on the coast with nothing but a damn rag in my hands? A 10MB update messed up my game. It'd be okay if this was Experimental, but no, they have to mess up.

Really? I can't belive this...

As far as I can make out 0.63 has come to stable. On one level, praise the Lord. On another, yes we stable laggards can wave goodbye to the stashes and characters we've nurtured over these many, many months.

Unless server wipes took them away in any case of course...

8 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

As far as I can make out 0.63 has come to stable. On one level, praise the Lord. On another, yes we stable laggards can wave goodbye to the stashes and characters we've nurtured over these many, many months.

Unless server wipes took them away in any case of course...

You didn't understand me. I was playing on 0.63 the whole time. When small update rolled out my character got lost somewhere in the database. 

8 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

Interesting.  I've still got my character.  Was this on official or a community server? 

It was an official server, I noticed that a few more people were affected by the update too, according to the Steam Discussion. 

4 hours ago, Just Caused said:

You didn't understand me. I was playing on 0.63 the whole time. When small update rolled out my character got lost somewhere in the database. 

It was an official server, I noticed that a few more people were affected by the update too, according to the Steam Discussion. 

I'm guessing that it's an official server thing as my community server character is still alive and kicking.  I'm also go to say expect a lot of wipes on the official servers