Deadboy (DayZ)

It's still always night, and always raining.

I click on servers with that cute SUN icon, right? I connect. And it's night. And it's raining. What is UP with this weather system? Then I start server hopping. Frantically. Temperature is blinking RED already. Sometimes it's day, sometimes it's night. But yeah. It's always raining. If at least this raincoat wasn't utterly useless. Rant over.

I mean, I'm counting servers here. FOURTEEN servers. Raining.

Edited by Deadboy (DayZ)
  • Beans 1

offcial servers.....raining and then 10 minutes playing....night.
did you get your temperature red?
not working for me

Survival game player - "it is raining and night - not gonna play", deal with it, sugar. The way people are very mediocore in average in large numbers makes them an enemies of themselves, because they are making game unchalleging by their desires of simplifying everything. Though I am not saying that there shouldn't be a choice for a daylight server, everything has limits.

I also had an issue yesterday in exp. I wanted night, when i clicked on nigght, it was actually a day :/

Edited by Mantasisg

DayZ just got a lot more challenging.  I was running back to base with planks after meeting a random player.  It got dark.  We got lost.  My single flare didn't do a damn thing to light the way.  ran around in dark until my energy and hydration got too low.

Looks like I'm going to have to change the way i do some things...

Also noticed alot of rain, sometimes comming from almost horizontal directions. That works when the wind is high and trees are moving. 
But at times I got that rain when there was like no wind at all. So it just looked kinda weird.

Atleast you don't freeze to death super fast from some rain now and I really like playing at night now when its not as easy to abuse the Gamma.

Edited by Evilsausage

Some experimental servers are night-only, i just got on one, played a bit until it got close to dawn, then the server restartet and it was night again

also i used up the starting roadflare just as it was getting brighter, so now i'm stuck with seeing nothing,

and have nothing to make light on an experimental server that is too dark to navigate anywhere where flashlights might be

Edited by ZomboWTF

I just tried DayZ every server is same, with slight differences. Sunshine, good weather, no players around, no guns to be found. Coast are alive only for a short time, then everyone is all around the map... it is a ghost town. 

No point to play alone, because if you don't have reall friend set, then you aren't going to find one ingame.

Edited by Mantasisg

2 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

I just tried DayZ every server is same, with slight differences. Sunshine, good weather, no players around, no guns to be found. Coast are alive only for a short time, then everyone is all around the map... it is a ghost town. 

No point to play alone, because if you don't have reall friend set, then you aren't going to find one ingame.

You playin full servers friend?

I know a place where you can easily meet people.  But I'm not allowed to talk about it here....

Wait the day coming ... go to the cities  and little villages, look for a headl lamp and batteries  and be happy .... normal flashlight  dont help..... and you be a good target at night .... headlamp are in red color ...is much more better ... I am play at night most the time...

They need put some supernatural  events.... like paranormal activity.. this will be more fun :D

The problem I have is that there is no Moon, and this has always been the problem with night play going back to Mod. Didn't I see that they were going to have the Moon always up at night at some point? I have always loved playing at night, and for a long time I enjoyed the realism of playing servers in my time zone and them seemingly in sync with the Moon and all. The Moon though makes night play accessible for all, and creates a totally different shadowplay style that is just awesome with DayZ. We need this creep factor, realism is great, but for the most part pitch black nights are just not fun to play on. I haven't played the Beta pretty much at all except a few mins sadly because of this at the moment.

• Beans 2

13 hours ago, Howler in Darkness said:

The problem I have is that there is no Moon, and this has always been the problem with night play going back to Mod. Didn't I see that they were going to have the Moon always up at night at some point? I have always loved playing at night, and for a long time I enjoyed the realism of playing servers in my time zone and them seemingly in sync with the Moon and all. The Moon though makes night play accessible for all, and creates a totally different shadowplay style that is just awesome with DayZ. We need this creep factor, realism is great, but for the most part pitch black nights are just not fun to play on. I haven't played the Beta pretty much at all except a few mins sadly because of this at the moment.

You are absolutely right, pitch black is basically unplayable if you have nothing to make light, which you can't find in the time a roadflare provides

Moonlit night gameplay also was my favorite style of gameplay, the question is if the anti-gamma exploit feature they worked into the game can handle a not-so-dark night

• Beans 1