Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.63149365

7 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Terrible examples because you're only showing clear moonlit nights.  Now go find some pictures of cloudy moonless nights and tell me what you see

It is difficult to find night photos that are similar to how the human eye sees, but the point here is that most players, I repeat that is the important thing, leave the servers when it is completely dark, we do not like to play like that, just I ask for a little less darkness

DayZ. It's autumn right?

Nortern/Eastern Europe. It is damn dark at this time of year. Even day time, if it's rainy/foggy day.  And nigth with thick clouds in the forest it's pitch black. You can't even see your own hand.

With modded servers there will always be servers that has forever bright happy happy joy joy summer day.

It is hard to balance the night for majority. We all know that. But just don't make the night useless. Lone wolves need to have some advantage to surprise groups. :P

• Beans 5

10 minutes ago, radamantyz said:

It is difficult to find night photos that are similar to how the human eye sees, but the point here is that most players, I repeat that is the important thing, leave the servers when it is completely dark, we do not like to play like that, just I ask for a little less darkness

That's because those players can no longer abuse gamma to make it easier to see things so they leave either that or they're too scared to put away their pew pews and instead carry a flashlight so they can actually see. 

• Beans 4

1 minute ago, LordBlackwolf said:

That's because those players can no longer abuse gamma to make it easier to see things so they leave either that or they're too scared to put away their pew pews and instead carry a flashlight so they can actually see. 

here a old pictures, bosque-de-noche-185020.jpg701039078.jpghVVRn.jpg

I repeat, it does not have to be identical to the photos, you only need to be able to see a little more so that the players stay, otherwise no one will play at night and that exciting part of dayz would not be enjoyed because there are no people playing it, i love to play in night time and i just want that people do not leave the servers because you can not see anything, how hard is it to find a flashlight in a dark room?

• Beans 2

Here's a thought peeps, why can't you just let him express his opinion about night without having to quote and have a go back and turn this into a YOYO.

Personally I think they may as well go dank, dark nights. Cos even when gamma abuse was around, and bright nights nobody really played night time and people left anyway. The majority don't stay on nights servers. The exceptions being RP servers and some community servers like DUG and TheVillage, those servers in proper darkness and everyone using flares, torches etc are gonna be really cool I think.

If someone wants it to be brighter at night, let them want it. Express your own opinion and move on. Oh what a world we'd have if we could all do that (I can't half the time myself, still trying to get better at it!)...

2 minutes ago, radamantyz said:

here a old pictures, bosque-de-noche-185020.jpg701039078.jpghVVRn.jpg

I repeat, it does not have to be identical to the photos, you only need to be able to see a little more so that the players stay, otherwise no one will play at night and that exciting part of dayz would not be enjoyed because there are no people playing it, i love to play in night time and i just want that people do not leave the servers because you can not see anything, how hard is it to find a flashlight in a dark room?

Again I repeat that if they'd actually use light sources then they'd be able to see. Sure, it won't be as it was in the previous version where night was way too bright but they'd still be able to see. You fail to realize that the only thing that'd provide light is the moon when it's out and even then it shouldn't light up the entire island as if it's daylight so more often than not it should be really dark at night as there are no other light sources around that would brighten up the night. you're providing pictures from a game. I bet if you go out into a forest at night without any light sources that it'd be pitch black and if you do use a light source it wouldn't brighten up the entire forest. 

• Beans 1

how I told you below, it is difficult to show you a photo that is true to what the human eye sees, the nights are very dark now and if few people used to play at night, now less will they do it, I do not see any sense that a flare illuminates only 2 meters around and a chemlight 1 meter, I already expressed my opinion and what I thought better so that more people play at night, in mod dayz could, the flares and chemlight worked now do not help much, that's all, thank you.

I like the extreme darkness, sometimes. Yesterday I walked from khelm to klen. At klen nighttime appeared. I lit my flare and tried to walk to the darkness to krasnastov. Really immersive! Lost in the woods. After a few minutes I recognized a building. So khelm here I am again :D it was a great experience but my flare burnt out and without a blade I wasn't able to cut a stick and to make torch. I waited a bit and then left the server because I could only play for one or two hours. It would be great if there are different nights (with moonlight or cloudy and dark) and I would appreciate if lightsources like lamps give a bit more distance light so we can travel easier at night.

I'm excited for nightime sessions on private and rp servers.

Edited by Arthur Dubrovka

3 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Hello guys,

a new Experimental update is here. What is new:

•  fixed stability issue with refilling
  •  a spotlight is not on anymore after being placed, fixes for it shining when not supposed to
  •  fixed animations of holding some items in prone
  •  fixed an issue with a spotlight or cable reel not allowing to be plugged back in
  •  fixed a stuck character after canceling placing action

Known issues:

• there was a change in size for some items which may result in them not fit in the character inventory and their disappearance upon character spawn or disappearance of items next to them. affected items: pear, sliced pumpkin, lard
  • when taking a backpack directly on own character from a dead body, it can become glitched/stuck in hands slot and not put itself on the back
  •  heavy hits are missing

Thank you for playing the Experimental Branch!

Report bugs here: https://feedback.bistudio.com/

Servers with the Windows 2008 R2 operation system are fixed now.

And what about key binding? Its unable to play with default control settings! Please pay attention to this issue

• Beans 1

Just now, Wedd Stone said:

And what about key binding? Its unable to play with default control settings! Please pay attention to this issue

Check out the Status Report:

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

31 minutes ago, Snarienza said:

@Raptor81 you need a lightsource to light up the dark, duh.

Thank you captain obvious, but it's pretty much beyond broken at this point ... I can't even see 1 meter in-front of me to go search or make a light source and I've been playing dayz since the first days of the mod .. and we had way better night lighting at 0.62 without touching the gamma slider ... we suppose to "play" this game not grind with our eyes .

Edited by Raptor81

I like the new nighttime very much. You definitely need a light source! But I can't seem to light torches at these dark times.
You just need a torch and matches, right?

• Beans 3

7 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

It is just a debug message.

Any chance to get rid of it?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Raptor81 said:

Thank you captain obvious, but it's pretty much beyond broken at this point ... I can't even see 1 meter in-front of me to go search or make a light source and I've been playing dayz since the first days of the mod .. and we had way better night lighting at 0.62 without touching the gamma slider ... we suppose to "play" this game not grind with our eyes .

Shouldn't have thrown your flare away

8 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

@Baty Alquawen - Will there be a new 0.63 topic for Stable or are we supposed to still use the experimental topic?

Here: