Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.63149365

Hello guys,

a new Experimental update is here. What is new:

•  fixed stability issue with refilling
  •  a spotlight is not on anymore after being placed, fixes for it shining when not supposed to
  •  fixed animations of holding some items in prone
  •  fixed an issue with a spotlight or cable reel not allowing to be plugged back in
  •  fixed a stuck character after canceling placing action

Known issues:

• there was a change in size for some items which may result in them not fit in the character inventory and their disappearance upon character spawn or disappearance of items next to them. affected items: pear, sliced pumpkin, lard
  • when taking a backpack directly on own character from a dead body, it can become glitched/stuck in hands slot and not put itself on the back
  •  heavy hits are missing

Thank you for playing the Experimental Branch!

Report bugs here: https://feedback.bistudio.com/

Servers with the Windows 2008 R2 operation system are fixed now.

• Like 1
  • Beans 6

What about lightning? I can see any light from a spotlight, a flashlight, headlights

I noticed that thing with heavy hits last night. My favourite opener vs infected was suddenly just an invite to get smacked in the face. I just couldn't understand what happened so I thought I was missing...

Please fix night time, I don't see the point in such a dark night if everyone leaves the server because of it. It's just unplayable!

• Like 1

Thanks, Baty! Quick question: What's with the "S" in front of all server messages?

Edited by dayzdanz

1 minute ago, TheNightBot said:

Please fix night time, I don't see the point in such a dark night if everyone leaves the server because of it. It's just unplayable!

It is perfect, you have to use light sources which is as it should be. That said, spawning empty handed on a server where it is night is very, very hard to survive unless you stumble on a well (or miraculously find a flashlight) before the flare has burned out...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, dayzdanz said:

Thanks, Baty! Quick question: What's with the "S" in front of all server messages?

It is just a debug message.

• Beans 1

A new exp update? I thought the next thing was suppose to be the stable? Am i missing something here? 
BW

Had some issues trying to refuel a the ADA hatch with gasoline from a water bottle, is this no longer possible?  Do I have to always refuel with a jerry can?

"Servers with the Windows 2008 R2 operation system are fixed now."

Still have "Malloc" Issue...

3 minutes ago, Knightfade said:

13 minutes ago, Jnounito said:

"Servers with the Windows 2008 R2 operation system are fixed now."

Still have "Malloc" Issue...

Can you give me more info, please?

1 minute ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Can you give me more info, please?

Yesterday my server was working with ubuntu https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1517338673 great tutorial and it worked after the update this no longer worked at all and then everytime i start my server it gives me that error that i have posted with Gyazo https://gyazo.com/0f7773bdc2405a8eb21d3e70fb48039a

1 minute ago, Knightfade said:

Yesterday my server was working with ubuntu https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1517338673 great tutorial and it worked after the update this no longer worked at all and then everytime i start my server it gives me that error that i have posted with Gyazo https://gyazo.com/0f7773bdc2405a8eb21d3e70fb48039a

We don't support Linux right now, I can't help with this issue.

Oh boy. Night + foggy/clouds + flare runs out... loving it. Cant see shit. Only hear the sound of infected and howling wind. All you can do is to crawl into corner and wait for the morning. :)

• Like 4
  • Beans 2

has the hotbar been downgraded? it no longer highlights the item in hand and no longer shows the stack size of the item (ammo in the mag) and it just looks uglier... I also can no longer drag items to the white area on clothes so I have to specifically place items instead of throwing them in the bag.

41 minutes ago, Phawkman said:

A new exp update? I thought the next thing was suppose to be the stable? Am i missing something here? 
BW

If you had paid attention they said it would only go to stable if there was no problems.

When is night in the real life u still can see, I dont know why Dayz have a  total dark, I can understand that many like it, but most do not like it, that's the important thing, years ago, when there was a moon you could see better at night, I understand the need flashlight but it is very difficult to find it in total darkness, we need a middle term between total darkness and vision of cat.  Thanks for all

You can see this examples:

darkcities10.jpg?1389282557

e2.jpg16408562316_a69eb8c0f6_b.jpg

Edited by radamantyz

Are we still seeing 063 push to stable today as per yesterdays SR? Im a bit confused as to whether to start streaming or to wait for another update? @Baty Alquawen

Are you staying on Exp for today now?

Edited by therunningmanz

3 minutes ago, radamantyz said:

When is night in the real life u still can see, I dont know why Dayz have a  total dark, I can understand that many like it, but most do not like it, that's the important thing, years ago, when there was a moon you could see better at night, I understand the need flashlight but it is very difficult to find it in total darkness, we need a middle term between total darkness and vision of cat.  Thanks for all

I get that you would be able to see much more than you can in-game but if they make it as light as in those pictures, the light sources will lose their value. I do think they should change it up a little bit, perhaps make places with shadows very dark (houses, forests, etc.) and open spaces lighter.

3 minutes ago, therunningmanz said:

Are we still seeing 063 push to stable today as per yesterdays SR? Im a bit confused as to whether to start streaming or to wait for another update? @Baty Alquawen

I'm in the same boat. Want to fire up DayZ but I don't want to start building a base on a branch which is going to be deprecated.

• Beans 2

2 minutes ago, IMT said:

I get that you would be able to see much more than you can in-game but if they make it as light as in those pictures, the light sources will lose their value. I do think they should change it up a little bit, perhaps make places with shadows very dark (houses, forests, etc.) and open spaces lighter.

I'm in the same boat. Want to fire up DayZ but I don't want to start building a base on a branch which is going to be deprecated.

I love the idea of light sources, I do not want to be able to see as if it were day in the night, if you look at the photos I published, they are like you comment, the open areas are lighter and the interiors of structures are dark, even it may be darker, I just want to be able to see a little more on the outside and in the interiors there may be all dark, which would give use to the lanterns, that is a problem even during the day, when you enter a house, it is completely illuminated, there are no shadows

16 minutes ago, radamantyz said:

darkcities10.jpg?1389282557

e2.jpg16408562316_a69eb8c0f6_b.jpg

Terrible examples because you're only showing clear moonlit nights.  Now go find some pictures of cloudy moonless nights and tell me what you see

• Beans 2

4 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Terrible examples because you're only showing clear moonlit nights.  Now go find some pictures of cloudy moonless nights and tell me what you see

Or what you don't see... ok, I'll show myself out.

• Haha 2
  • Beans 2

1 minute ago, IMT said:

Or what you don't see... ok, I'll show myself out.

I "see" what you did there lol