McPhorce

We are being pimped out.

. "The core DayZ features are already in the game now, and the devil is in the details. We have to make sure those core features work as they should first and foremost. Not only are you missing out on some really cool things in the game because the current implementation of features is simply broken - additionally, we also we have to deal with development on a game platform that is simply not stable enough for us to continue without loosing our minds."

From the latest PC status update... We receive no news of any content updates in the future, and they get this. A heap of info on when to expect content and an apology to PC players touching on their inability to make things work on Xbox, and this is why they've been waiting so long... SMH R.I.P DayZ

Read status report again till you understand what it says. There is also Xbox development brief posted before that. Stop spreading lies on the forum if you're not informed correctly. 

• Like 4

Of course the devs are going to be much more intimately involved with pc, as that’s where all development takes place, then gets ported to Xbox.

Xbox is an entirely new venture for DayZ. Plus having to iron out issues which may seem minor, and likely wouldn’t be an issue for pc, though Microsoft QA is much more strict in what they’ll allow to pass through.

This, I believe, is a big reason why BI is hesitant with promising x, y, and z. If an issue arises, and Microsoft QA says no, they’ll have to postpone or scrap said feature. You can imagine the fallout that would surely ensue.

• Like 2

Don't forget the game has been out for the PC much longer. The developers have even said that the things being implemented on the PC version will come to the Xbox one but they need to make sure the first one is stable. Stop getting your knickers in a twist!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, McPhorce said:

We receive no news of any content updates in the future

Xbox will get all the contents that PC has - you must have read that AT LEAST once -  and if you've read it once you've read it 20 TIMES ... hmm? ..   you can write, so I guess you can read if you bother to. Do it before you write your next header.  Why start another new thread on the same old-old same-same. Do you know how to JOIN a conversation ?

If you are being pimped out, mate, if I were you I'd change my trade.

Enjoy.

xxP

• Like 3
  • Beans 2

He's not wrong, pilgrim, I could do without all the sarcasm from this dev team, And Pc Community members.  All we ask, is a rough estimate on some of these features.  Just stating that Xbox will get all the content that pc has is a given. We know that! It's not a matter of if, but when we will see some new content. Personally I'm fine with the content we have, I'd just like them to FIX THE GUNPLAY before making changes To things like TEXT SIZE!!

Enjoy.

xxp

• Beans 1

My knickers are so twisted. I was actually pretty drunk when I wrote that. hahaha. I am growing impatient though, and all these old PC heads that wake up with  DayZ morning wood, and jump right on the xbox forums... Give it a rest. You are the equivalent of the old grandparents that talk of how you had to walk 8 miles through the snow to get to school. Nobody fuckin' cares old man. We want content, and we want it at a swifter pace or at least some more transparency from the devs. 

2 minutes ago, bandito6000 said:

He's not wrong, pilgrim, I could do without all the sarcasm from this dev team, And Pc Community members.  All we ask, is a rough estimate on some of these features.  Just stating that Xbox will get all the content that pc has is a given. We know that! It's not a matter of if, but when we will see some new content. Personally I'm fine with the content we have, I'd just like them to FIX THE GUNPLAY before making changes To things like TEXT SIZE!!

Enjoy.

xxp

Yeah, that's not how this works, see.

They have their priorities, and you have yours.

If what you think needs to be addressed next is not a priority for the devs right now, it won't get fixed until it is.

We all have pet bugs we want done NOW.

Acting entitled in your priorities and ignorant of the process will not curry favor with long time contributors or the devs.

If you lack simple reading comprehension and keep re-posting topics (which push out more relevant topics on the forum sidebar), some of us are going to take exception to that.

I'm really hoping they completely separate the console and PC forums, and soon.

I think I can count the constructive XBone members on one hand....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, McPhorce said:

My knickers are so twisted. I was actually pretty drunk when I wrote that. hahaha. I am growing impatient though, and all these old PC heads that wake up with  DayZ morning wood, and jump right on the xbox forums... Give it a rest. You are the equivalent of the old grandparents that talk of how you had to walk 8 miles through the snow to get to school. Nobody fuckin' cares old man. We want content, and we want it at a swifter pace or at least some more transparency from the devs. 

Please refrain from provocation and picking personal fights here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Yeah, that's not how this works, see.

They have their priorities, and you have yours.

If what you think needs to be addressed next is not a priority for the devs right now, it won't get fixed until it is.

We all have pet bugs we want done NOW.

Acting entitled in your priorities and ignorant of the process will not curry favor with long time contributors or the devs.

If you lack simple reading comprehension and keep re-posting topics (which push out more relevant topics on the forum sidebar), some of us are going to take exception to that.

I'm really hoping they completely separate the console and PC forums, and soon.

I think I can count the constructive XBone members on one hand....

I'm sorry but it doesn't take an army of lackadaisical developers to prioritize The two things I just mentioned. and the forums pretty much are separate, so if the grass is greener on the other side why don't you just stay over there. 

Ps. It's called constructive CRITICISM

8 minutes ago, bandito6000 said:

an army of lackadaisical developers to prioritize The two things I just mentioned.

Wat?

Those things you want are not priorities that bring them closer to their current goals, period.

Accept that their priorities are more important to development and realize that they will get to the issues you care about sooner or later.

If those issues make the game less than enjoyable for you, take a break.

Go play PuBG, Scum, CS:GO, Mary Kate and Ashley's Shopping spree, I dunno, whatever games DOES make you happy.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Beans 1

35 minutes ago, bandito6000 said:

Personally I'm fine with the content we have, I'd just like them to FIX THE GUNPLAY before making changes To things like TEXT SIZE!!

It is not that one of the two is prioritized. But one was way easier to fix then the other. So the fix that was finished first, was deployed early, while the other is still being worked on. Partially we discussed the remaining issues here, same as for PC:

Also, you will rarely see answers to "when" questions here, same as for PC. Fixes and updates are deployed when they are ready.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Thank ImpulZ, for not taking offense to a little criticism,  and taking time to explain. I realize PC Community has been dealing with these frustrations for far longer than we have but that doesn't make ours null and void

5 minutes ago, bandito6000 said:

Thank ImpulZ, for not taking offense to a little criticism,  and taking time to explain. I realize PC Community has been dealing with these frustrations for far longer than we have but that doesn't make ours null and void

we adore feedback and constructive critique.

what we don't like is insults and slurs.

we'll never censor decent criticism.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

BETA has just been released on the PC version finally.

Hope it don't take long for us to receive too.

Great to see beta drop on pc-didnt think it would happen until later in the month

. Hopefully we will get it on xbone soon as well 

5 hours ago, bandito6000 said:

I could do without all the sarcasm from this dev team

Not worried too much about content updates on Xbox but can understand the desire to get some firm estimates (maybe that's not what the OP is asking for...?). But in general I'm pretty happy about dev speed. Perhaps because I've only played for a few months and still have plenty to do.

On 11/7/2018 at 5:59 PM, McPhorce said:

Nobody fuckin' cares old man.

It don't mean nothing

• Haha 2

I'll be happy when content is released. I'm sorry i'm so impatient.

Edited by McPhorce