eugenharton

Addressing the most pressing issues

Hello Survivors!

There are some hot topics regarding the recent 0.63 update that are currently resonating in the community, and I wanted to touch upon some of those in more detail. These are some of the most common issues that were currently seeing reported, and our answers to them:

Item renaming

Those of you playing on the Stress Test branch have probably noticed that we have renamed a large number of items in-game. All of the changes were done after a meticulous consultation with our legal department, and the sole reason why we did this was to avoid any liability in the future. I know some of you have delved into details of it, and I can't answer every single question or doubt you have about specific item names now, but one thing is certain: we need to stay within the law, and while there certainly is space for more creativity in some item names, we need to push forward the changes because of the game localization. We might look into item names again once post 1.0, but nothing can change now.

Hit registration

This issue has multiple causes and patterns to it and it's not a single problem. A bullet can deal no damage in certain situations while still actually be considered a hit at the same time due to how armor and damage interact. The server may then think that there are no bullets to be shot because the state of the weapon (or even state of a magazine, fire mode and more) has been desynced. Often, when we get feedback reports, we are lacking the detail needed to identify what exactly has caused the hit registration problem. Sometimes, people just miss. Other times, we just don't know the events that lead to the registration problem.

Having said that, we have been able to reproduce a number of these issues, and the Experimental build has those fixes applied. We are still tracking at least two more ways to encounter the issue. One has a cause in networking and is more apparent on community servers with increased player numbers (over 60 players). While we want to support higher player counts, this will require further optimizations. The other hit registration issue we're tracking is related to the shotgun, and only happening with that weapon specifically.

Changing key binds in the settings screen

One of the most important modules in any multiplayer game besides the player controller is the input module of our engine. For the better part of this year, we've worked on delivering a new, reworked input module. We needed something that's easily moddable, scriptable and most importantly, something that opens up more possibilities than the old system. This transition had us cut the UI for key-binds because the new UI wasn't compatible with the old input module, and now, when we actually do use the new input module already, we're waiting for the UI to be fully connected to it.

While regrettable, it was a decision that had to be made, and we simply had to push the changes even without full UI support, as the input module is a necessary component for other changes in the game. That said, our goal is to deliver the UI for key-binds as soon as possible - right now, this is blocked by the work on the server browser, and as soon as we've got that part of UI sorted, we'll move right onto key-binds.

In the meantime, and I'm not saying its something I'm particularly happy about, you can use the configuration file where the key-binds are stored - we'll try to help you explain how to work with that on the forums.

Bloom post process effect tweaking

This is certainly one of the hot topics. While we agree that the game has some lighting issues, these are not caused by bloom, but by the simulation of exposure in the human eye and effects associated with it. In fact, we are using very little bloom and it has been significantly decreased over the course of development. The issue we believe is described by many of you is on our radar, and once we have a good solution we will definitely do something about it.

FPS drops

It has been some time since the new renderer has been implemented. It seems we are encountering some FPS issues again and I just want to reassure you these have always been our top priority. If you are affected by these, I recommend you to reach out to us through the Feedback Tracker with details of your PC build, drivers version, and operating system to make sure things work as intended.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 14

1 hour ago, eugenharton said:

In the meantime, and I'm not saying its something I'm particularly happy about, you can use the configuration file where the key-binds are stored - we'll try to help you explain how to work with that on the forums.

when will we be able to do this and I hope it is in layman's terms 

Dayz may be really struggling at the moment with a number of things, but I still believe in the devs simply because of just how open and clear they are with the community. Keep it up guys :)

2 hours ago, Reaper TDO said:

when will we be able to do this and I hope it is in layman's terms 

You can already edit the file to change keybindings.

The file(s) in question is User.dayz_preset_User.xml which you can find in ../User/Documents/Dayz.

In case you don't know. An xml file organizes variables within tags (tags are surrounded by "<" and ">" and closed by "</" or "/>")

You just have to change or add a new <btn name="keyName" /> tag inside of the <input name="userAction">. tag you want to change. You have to fill in "keyName" with the key ID you want to have. You can find all available key Names within the User.core.xml

For example: if you want to add Mouse Button 5 to zoom in you want to add <btn name="mb5" /> within the <input name="UAZoomIn"> tag. Like this:

<input name="UAZoomIn">
        <btn name="mBMiddle" />
        <btn name="mb5" />
        <btn name="x1ShoulderRight" />
</input>

• Beans 2

7 hours ago, eugenharton said:

Hello Survivors!

There are some hot topics regarding the recent 0.63 update that are currently resonating in the community, and I wanted to touch upon some of those in more detail. These are some of the most common issues that were currently seeing reported, and our answers to them:

Thank you for answering some questions on these pressing issues. I do have a follow up question regarding the lighting.

- During the day interiors of buildings are very bright. Making them darker would increase the ambience, be more realistic and would even look graphically much more pleasant. Is it planned to make the interiors darker? 

Last question is about diseases.

- When will diseases have a serious impact on the game again? I shouldn't be able to eat raw chicken without having to chance to get seriously ill. 

Hopefully you can shed some light on these two issues. Thanks!

Edited by amadieus

Huge love and respect to everyone working on DayZ!  You're all awesome :)

Whilst now explained and very clear, the name changes were hilarious.  Perhaps a simple community Poll for some suggestions?

I'm totally on board with all the decisions you're making regarding the future of the project.

Once the game is stable as a whole, this will enable to modding community to really broaden the horizons of the game :) 

exciting times x

4 hours ago, amadieus said:

During the day interiors of buildings are very bright. Making them darker would increase the ambience, be more realistic and would even look graphically much more pleasant. Is it planned to make the interiors darker?

There are currently no plans for a complete interior overhaul.

4 hours ago, amadieus said:

When will diseases have a serious impact on the game again? I shouldn't be able to eat raw chicken without having to chance to get seriously ill. 

The new implementation of sicknesses is in the game and will be balanced/bug fixed during the BETA.

35 minutes ago, Dann Cozey said:

Perhaps a simple community Poll for some suggestions?

Probably not a good idea. :)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 2

12 hours ago, eugenharton said:

Item renaming

Those of you playing on the Stress Test branch have probably noticed that we have renamed a large number of items in-game. All of the changes were done after a meticulous consultation with our legal department, and the sole reason why we did this was to avoid any liability in the future. I know some of you have delved into details of it, and I can't answer every single question or doubt you have about specific item names now, but one thing is certain: we need to stay within the law, and while there certainly is space for more creativity in some item names, we need to push forward the changes because of the game localization. We might look into item names again once post 1.0, but nothing can change now.

First comes first, thank you all for your work and the hussle you´ve done so far. I really like the last build on exp.63.

Because of names. Will guns or other stuff get licensed names like in Arma? Something like KM-A (AKM) or Anited Nations for United Nations sounds so... freaking dumb :D. Just want to know if theres hope for licensed names or not.

8 hours ago, gekker said:

The file(s) in question is User.dayz_preset_User.xml which you can find in ../User/Documents/Dayz.

In case you don't know. An xml file organizes variables within tags (tags are surrounded by "<" and ">" and closed by "</" or "/>")

You just have to change or add a new <btn name="keyName" /> tag inside of the <input name="userAction">. tag you want to change. You have to fill in "keyName" with the key ID you want to have. You can find all available key Names within the User.core.xml

For example: if you want to add Mouse Button 5 to zoom in you want to add <btn name="mb5" /> within the <input name="UAZoomIn"> tag. Like this:

<input name="UAZoomIn">
        <btn name="mBMiddle" />
        <btn name="mb5" />
</input>

cool thanks but I use a lot of changes Im a lefty and use the arrow keys to move my mouse is in my left hand so i will have to figure out all that.  

Edited by Reaper TDO

42 minutes ago, Arthur Dubrovka said:

First comes first, thank you all for your work and the hussle you´ve done so far. I really like the last build on exp.63.

Because of names. Will guns or other stuff get licensed names like in Arma? Something like KM-A (AKM) or Anited Nations for United Nations sounds so... freaking dumb :D. Just want to know if theres hope for licensed names or not.

Maybe have a poll or something, I'd like a list of all item names that have licensing concerns to them, so we can provide suggestions on clever renaming that dodges greedy lawyers while not sounding so mind-numbingly stupid...

For example, when it comes to AK:s I'd like to see them being called 'AR' instead, i.e. an acronym for Assault Rifle, that would work for all the AK model I think. UN Helmet could be called "Peacekeeper" helmet and so on.

But I agree - licensed names would be best. In a game aiming for authenticity, having bogus names for real life equipment gives a slightly unprofessional impression.

Edited by Beavis3D

I so hope you can address the name changes of the items. It is so annoying now to have to call an AKM a K-AM or something. Just because a few players will look at you stupidly and ask you: Eh? Say what? Whash an EshKayEsh? I have a KWK! Tacical bacon was such a cool in-joke, too, and now it's just boring canned bacon! XD

How about superior bacon or ... just anything to retain an ounce of the humour?

And why can't we rename the guns in a different way? Such as inserting a single letter into everything. AKDM for example. SKDS. UDMP. Just put a D into everything somewhere. That way we can still call it what it IS, and it'll be recognised by everyone.

What Beavis is suggesting up there also sounds like a good idea. Anything but these random changes.

Edited by Deadboy (DayZ)

9 hours ago, gekker said:

What happened to ToggleRaiseWeapon??

There is   

<input name="UAToggleRaiseWeapon" loc="" />
In the core.xml file, but if you call that and bind a key to it, nothing happens. At least I can't get it to work. It was already finicky in the earlier versions but at least  it KIND OF worked half the time. I cannot stress enough how important this is. The idea to force players to constantly and at all times press multiple buttons/keys is poison for my frail carpal tunnel happy hands and wrists. 

Please put that back in, or show me that it still works, or that it's going to be back? I'm usually the guy with the binos, watching over my friends. For heavens sake, I beg of you, Dev team. Consider my health here. <3
Edited by Deadboy (DayZ)

1 hour ago, Deadboy (DayZ) said:

What happened to ToggleRaiseWeapon??

There is   

<input name="UAToggleRaiseWeapon" loc="" />
In the core.xml file, but if you call that and bind a key to it, nothing happens. At least I can't get it to work. It was already finicky in the earlier versions but at least  it KIND OF worked half the time. I cannot stress enough how important this is. The idea to force players to constantly and at all times press multiple buttons/keys is poison for my frail carpal tunnel happy hands and wrists. 

Please put that back in, or show me that it still works, or that it's going to be back? I'm usually the guy with the binos, watching over my friends. For heavens sake, I beg of you, Dev team. Consider my health here. <3

Yes please, make everything toggle able, raise weapon, raise weapon directly to ironsight , eating, bandaging, etc...

• Like 1

The XML files for keybindings seem pretty straightforward, but would anyone happen to know what formatting or keyword we would need to get "double-tap" functionality for a bind?  For instance, double-tap 'W' to begin sprinting?

@ImpulZ

@eugenharton

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes to all the configuration file issues mentioned here.

ToggleRaiseWeapon is not working for me, ToggleLean is not working for me. Are those bugged or not impemented or am I doing something wrong?

Another thing: ZomIn seems to combine the eye level zoom and going to ADS from point firing. Why? I really despise the middle mouse button and I want to have those two functions on two different buttons. Why are they combined they have nothing in common? 

Please seperate those two.

And then there is the TrackIR issue...sigh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sanguine00 said:

The XML files for keybindings seem pretty straightforward, but would anyone happen to know what formatting or keyword we would need to get "double-tap" functionality for a bind?  For instance, double-tap 'W' to begin sprinting?

@ImpulZ

@eugenharton

I was using double tap for sprint as well BUT you will not be able to use the slide down ladder mechanic if you have this set up this way.

I use the arrow keys for movement and recently bound sprint to right shift and can now slide down ladders.

I also use the NumPad for the hotbar, delete for crouch/stand, End for inventory, and Insert for reload/unjam (which when both bound to same key requires a double tap), and Right Control is jump.

I hope that helps.

We need an easy app to assign keys in the xml. Webbased, exe, or template xml with comments or preconfigured.
Content creators should be working on a youtube video for this perhaps.

• Beans 1

46 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I was using double tap for sprint as well BUT you will not be able to use the slide down ladder mechanic if you have this set up this way.

Yup, there used to be "Turbo" and "Fast Forward" binds which allowed you to separate 2xW and other "Shift-related" activities.  I suspect that dual-functionality is gone, and would be pleasantly shocked if there is a replacement.

Quick question about those key binds: In the last stress test jump was changed to spacebar (default now) and hold breath was on left ctrl, but now in stable /experimental it seems hold breath on left ctrl isn't working anymore. Anyone know the new default key for hold breath? I went to the config file where the keybinds are in, but can't seem to find it. There's this "tactical view" near the change optics, but that's it.

hi

Please, i try to change the keybinding because i am lefty .

I  would like to know what write to use the arrow key, specially the left and right key ?

• Like 1

Is the pc version still getting the radial menu for emotes?

6 hours ago, rekaone said:

hi

Please, i try to change the keybinding because i am lefty .

I  would like to know what write to use the arrow key, specially the left and right key ?

Spoiler

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<preset>
    <input name="UAMoveForward">
        <btn name="kUp" />
        <btn name="x1LeftThumbUp" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAMoveBack">
        <btn name="kDown" />
        <btn name="x1LeftThumbDown" />
    </input>
    <input name="UATurnLeft">
        <btn name="kA" />
        <btn name="x1LeftThumbLeft" />
    </input>
    <input name="UATurnRight">
        <btn name="kD" />
        <btn name="x1LeftThumbRight" />
    </input>
    <input name="UATurbo">
        <btn name="kRShift" />
        <btn name="x1ThumbLeft" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAWalkRunTemp">
        <btn name="kLControl" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAGetOver">
        <btn name="kRControl" />
        <btn name="x1A" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAStand">
        <btn name="kDelete" />
        <btn name="x1B" />
    </input>
    <input name="UALeanLeft">
        <btn name="kQ" />
    </input>
    <input name="UALeanRight">
        <btn name="kE" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAAimLeft">
        <btn name="mLeft" />
        <btn name="x1RightThumbLeft" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAAimRight">
        <btn name="mRight" />
        <btn name="x1RightThumbRight" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAAimUp">
        <btn name="mUp" />
        <btn name="x1RightThumbUp" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAAimDown">
        <btn name="mDown" />
        <btn name="x1RightThumbDown" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAPersonView">
        <btn name="kV" />
        <btn name="kNumpadEnter" />
    </input>
    <input name="UALookAround">
        <btn name="kLMenu" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAZoomIn">
        <btn name="mBMiddle" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAZoomInOptics">
        <btn name="mWheelUp" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAZoomOutOptics">
        <btn name="mWheelDown" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAGear">
        <btn name="kEnd" />
        <btn name="x1View" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAFire">
        <btn name="mBLeft" />
    </input>
    <input name="UADefaultAction">
        <btn name="mBLeft" />
        <btn name="x1Y" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAAction">
        <btn name="kReturn" />
        <btn name="x1X" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAPrevAction">
        <btn name="mWheelUp" />
    </input>
    <input name="UANextAction">
    </input>
    <input name="UATempRaiseWeapon">
        <btn name="mBRight" />
        <btn name="x1TriggerLeft" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAReloadMagazine">
        <btn name="kInsert" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAQuickReload">
        <btn name="kInsert" />
        <btn name="x1X" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAZeroingUp">
        <btn name="kEquals" />
        <btn name="kPrior" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAZeroingDown">
        <btn name="kMinus" />
        <btn name="kNext" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAToggleWeapons">
        <btn name="kX" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAUIQuickbarToggle">
        <btn name="kGrave" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAItem0">
        <btn name="kNumpad0" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAItem1">
        <btn name="kNumpad1" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAItem2">
        <btn name="kNumpad4" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAItem3">
        <btn name="kNumpad7" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAItem4">
        <btn name="kNumpad2" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAItem5">
        <btn name="kNumpad5" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAItem6">
        <btn name="kNumpad8" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAItem7">
        <btn name="kNumpad3" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAItem8">
        <btn name="kNumpad6" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAItem9">
        <btn name="kNumpad9" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAChat">
        <btn name="kT" />
        <btn name="kSlash" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAPushToTalk">
        <btn name="kCapital" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAVoiceOverNet">
        <btn name="kCapital" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAGestureSlot01">
        <btn name="kF1" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAGestureSlot02">
        <btn name="kF2" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAGestureSlot03">
        <btn name="kF3" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAGestureSlot04">
        <btn name="kF4" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAGestureSlot05">
        <btn name="kF5" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAGestureSlot06">
        <btn name="kF6" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAGestureSlot07">
        <btn name="kF7" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAGestureSlot08">
        <btn name="kF8" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAGestureSlot09">
        <btn name="kF9" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAGestureSlot10">
        <btn name="kF10" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAGestureSlot11">
        <btn name="kF11" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAGestureSlot12">
        <btn name="kF12" />
    </input>
    <input name="UACarLeft">
        <btn name="kA" />
    </input>
    <input name="UACarRight">
        <btn name="kD" />
    </input>
    <input name="UACarForward">
        <btn name="kW" />
        <btn name="x1TriggerRight" />
    </input>
    <input name="UACarBack">
        <btn name="kS" />
    </input>
    <input name="UACarShiftGearUp">
        <btn name="kE" />
        <btn name="x1Y" />
    </input>
    <input name="UACarShiftGearDown">
        <btn name="kQ" />
        <btn name="x1A" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAVehicleTurbo">
        <btn name="kLShift" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAVehicleSlow">
        <btn name="kLControl" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAUILeft">
        <btn name="kLeft" />
        <btn name="x1PadLeft" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAUIRight">
        <btn name="kRight" />
        <btn name="x1PadRight" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAUIUp">
        <btn name="kUp" />
        <btn name="x1PadUp" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAUIDown">
        <btn name="kDown" />
        <btn name="x1PadDown" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAUISelect">
        <btn name="kReturn" />
        <btn name="kNumpadEnter" />
        <btn name="x1A" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAUIBack">
        <btn name="kEscape" />
        <btn name="x1B" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAUIMenu">
        <btn name="kEscape" />
        <btn name="x1Menu" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAUITabLeft">
        <btn name="x1ShoulderLeft" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAUITabRight">
        <btn name="kTab" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAUIRightStickHorizontal">
        <btn name="x1RightThumbHorizontal" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAUIRightStickVertical">
        <btn name="x1RightThumbVertical" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAUIRadialMenuPick">
        <btn name="x1Y" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAUIGesturesOpen">
        <btn name="x1PadLeft" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAUIQuickbarRadialOpen">
        <btn name="x1PadRight" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAUIQuickbarRadialInventoryOpen">
        <btn name="x1ThumbLeft" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAUINextUp">
    </input>
    <input name="UAUINextDown">
    </input>
    <input name="UAUIFastEquipOrSplit">
        <btn name="x1X" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAUIFastTransferItem">
        <event name="press" />
        <btn name="x1Y" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAUIFastTransferToVicinity">
        <event name="hold" />
        <btn name="x1Y" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAUIExpandCollapseContainer">
    </input>
    <input name="UAUISelectItem">
        <btn name="x1A" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAAltTab">
        <btn name="kLMenu">
            <btn name="kTab" />
        </btn>
    </input>
    <input name="UATimeInc">
        <btn name="kEquals" />
    </input>
    <input name="UATimeDec">
        <btn name="kMinus" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAMoveUp">
        <btn name="kUp" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAMoveDown">
        <btn name="kDown" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAMoveLeft">
        <btn name="kLeft" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAMoveRight">
        <btn name="kRight" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAAimHeadLeft">
        <btn name="kLeft" />
        <btn name="mLeft" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAAimHeadRight">
        <btn name="kRight" />
        <btn name="mRight" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAAimHeadUp">
        <btn name="mUp" />
    </input>
    <input name="UAAimHeadDown">
        <btn name="mDown" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldViewerMoveForward">
        <btn name="kW" />
        <btn name="kUp" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldViewerMoveBack">
        <btn name="kS" />
        <btn name="kDown" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldViewerMoveLeft">
        <btn name="kA" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldViewerMoveRight">
        <btn name="kD" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldViewerMoveUp">
        <btn name="kQ" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldViewerMoveDown">
        <btn name="kZ" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldResetCamera">
        <btn name="kNumpad0" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldTurbo">
        <btn name="kU" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldSlow">
        <btn name="kJ" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldFreeLook">
        <btn name="kNumpad5" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldRunScript">
        <btn name="kF10" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldSelectToggle">
        <btn name="kSpace" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldSelect">
        <btn name="mBLeft" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldSelectAddMod">
        <btn name="k7" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldSelectRemoveMod">
        <btn name="k8" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldModifySelected">
        <btn name="mBRight" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldCycleMod">
        <btn name="k5" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldRotationXAxisMod">
        <btn name="k1" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldRotationZAxisMod">
        <btn name="k3" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldCoordModCycle">
        <btn name="k6" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldSampleTerrainHeight">
        <btn name="mBRight" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldSetTerrainHeight">
        <btn name="mBLeft" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldScaleMod">
        <btn name="kE" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldElevateMod">
        <btn name="kT" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldSmoothMod">
        <btn name="kLShift" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldFlattenMod">
        <btn name="kLMenu" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldBrushRatioUp">
        <btn name="kB">
            <btn name="mWheelUp" />
        </btn>
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldBrushRatioDown">
        <btn name="kB">
        </btn>
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldBrushOuterUp">
        <btn name="kN">
            <btn name="mWheelUp" />
        </btn>
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldBrushOuterDown">
        <btn name="kN">
        </btn>
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldBrushStrengthUp">
        <btn name="kM">
            <btn name="mWheelUp" />
        </btn>
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldBrushStrengthDown">
        <btn name="kM">
        </btn>
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldToggleNearestObjectArrow">
        <btn name="kH" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldCycleBrushMod">
        <btn name="kG" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldSelectionType">
        <btn name="kF" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldCreateLastSelectedObject">
        <btn name="kV" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldDuplicateSelection">
        <btn name="kC" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldDeleteSelection">
        <btn name="kR" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldUndo">
        <btn name="kLControl">
            <btn name="kX" />
        </btn>
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldRedo">
        <btn name="kLControl">
            <btn name="kY" />
        </btn>
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldMoveLeft">
        <btn name="mLeft" />
        <btn name="kA" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldMoveRight">
        <btn name="mRight" />
        <btn name="kD" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldMoveForward">
        <btn name="mUp" />
        <btn name="kW" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldMoveBack">
        <btn name="mDown" />
        <btn name="kS" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldMoveUp">
        <btn name="kQ" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldMoveDown">
        <btn name="kZ" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldLeft">
        <btn name="kLeft" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldRight">
        <btn name="kRight" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldForward">
        <btn name="kUp" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldBack">
        <btn name="kDown" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldLookLeft">
        <btn name="kNumpad4" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldLookRight">
        <btn name="kNumpad6" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldLookUp">
        <btn name="kNumpad8" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldLookDown">
        <btn name="kNumpad2" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldZoomIn">
        <btn name="kAdd" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldZoomOut">
        <btn name="kSubstract" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldTextureInfo">
        <btn name="kI" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldObjectRotateLeft">
        <btn name="kNumpad4" />
        <btn name="mBLeft">
            <btn name="mLeft" />
        </btn>
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldObjectRotateRight">
        <btn name="kNumpad6" />
        <btn name="mBLeft">
            <btn name="mRight" />
        </btn>
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldObjectRotateForward">
        <btn name="kNumpad8" />
        <btn name="mBLeft">
            <btn name="mUp" />
        </btn>
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldObjectRotateBack">
        <btn name="kNumpad2" />
        <btn name="mBLeft">
            <btn name="mDown" />
        </btn>
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldPreviousAnimation">
        <btn name="kPrior" />
        <btn name="kLBracket" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldNextAnimation">
        <btn name="kNext" />
        <btn name="kRBracket" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldRecedeAnimation">
        <btn name="mWheelUp" />
        <btn name="kSemicolon" />
    </input>
    <input name="UABuldAdvanceAnimation">
        <btn name="kApostrophe" />
    </input>
</preset>

^These are some basic lefty controls with driving and leaning not bound different than default.

I'm not sure if this will work with just copy paste, but maybe it will be helpful for some.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣