Sign in to follow this  
xzDIABLOzx

Servers question

Good day all, does anyone know what a server saves and for how long? For example I lock all the doors of a house and leave the server, do the doors stay locked? I had a fresh spawn last night and i noticed a locked house with what appeared to be loot in one room but no one was to be seen. Made me curious..

Also do people really stash stuff in the ground? Please enlighten me on the pros and cons. I haven't figured out the advantage unless you thought you were going to die and you stashed along the coast but then your respawn could be way far from your stash and you would have to find another shovel and by then I'd think you would've found the same loot that you could've stashed no?

Servers are want to be persistent for upto 42 days I think but with constant updates they get wiped often so stashes are temporary right now. But if I player survives long enough and wishes to keep on looting full kits and stashing them about the coast it can become useful if wanting to stick to the coast occasionally and have easy access to a weapon and basic equipment fast. With the games limited content and craftables ATM I guess some just want to try evetything currently in. Once base building & vehicles are implemented I guess stashes will become more useful and more readily accessible .

Sign in to follow this