Poolofdeath1337

Is it too late for this game

Let start with anything I'm saying to you is a personal opinion only as person who owned this game on Xbox and PC. And b4 anyone says yes this was my choice to purchase into an alpha game/preview.

This game has been on a very unstable road since long b4 DeanHall left this project. Most faults and bugs have been here since launching it. Now I understand making a game is not an easy task but when you charge people to buy your game to be your bug testers then you have allocated yourself more man power to solve issues or bugs which should reduce your time frame on building a stable useable product now we are 5yrs down the road and things are slightly better then they were. 

Now as game developer your JOB is supply a ready usable product in proper time frames. Now before you fanboys and defenders of BI attack me or call me wrong please read what I have to say then make your own judgements as all I'm doing is validating my own opinion. 

1.Long time in development hell. This is the worst all issue a team with hundreds of people reporting and testing bugs for a game stolen from a mod does not take 5yrs to finish. Similar games and projects that had more in there games out less time have managed to do this yet Bi can't finish PC let alone port a product over.

2. Lack of accountability. The refusal by this company on admitting they can't finish this game or even release the product as promised. Please see there recent status report stating there going to have no items moving into 1.0 this not the product we were sold.

3. Lack of openness or communication. This kinda under accountability as well but didn't want it all to be jumbled up. You post your fuckin info on Twitter more then your own forums, i dont wanna go on a social media website to to get information. you answer select people on there only the ones who praise you for all your hard work. WTF hard work has this company done this is a game stolen from a mod that they can't even complete or make stable.

This game is heading in the same direction as H1Z1s survival game. They will release and then state due to lack of funds or trying to create something they clearly couldn't dayZ will b closing down. This post will not have acknowledgement from the dev team or even there fake community leader @Baty Alquawen. I have returned my Xbox copy. I was approved yesterday anyone else wondering how to do this feel free to reach out and I'll explain how you can get yours always well.

In closing I had the highest of hopes for this game I purchased on PC at launch and got for my Xbox also at launch and I'm sadden to see we will never get the game that was promised. I truly hope a real company picks this game up so it can have a bright future 

Edited by Poolofdeath1337
  • Beans 1

“Is it too late for this game?” No. Is it too late for some players? Absolutely, and that’s ok.

You pretty much answered your topic in your first paragraph.

As you mentioned, we all knew the development history the developers have had with this title.

Even still, we decided to partake, in the hopes that we will get the game we all know is possible. It’s simply a matter of time.

I’d strongly recommend folks who are getting fed up with the amount of progress to put the game down for a bit, try playing something else for a while.

Often, a good break will do wonders.

Edited by Nayte
  • Like 2
  • Beans 2

15 minutes ago, Nayte said:

“Is it too late for this game?” No. Is it too late for some players? Absolutely, and that’s ok.

You pretty much answered your topic in your first paragraph.

As you mentioned, we all knew the development history the developers have had with this title.

Even still, we decided to partake, in the hopes that we will get the game we all know is possible. It’s simply a matter of time.

I’d strongly recommend folks who are getting fed up with the amount of progress to put the game down for a bit, try playing something else for a while.

Often, a good break will do wonders.

I play plenty of other games sir :) . If we all waited on this company we would die of old age . As I've stated I've owned since PC release so 5years.that is a lot of waiting and taking breaks. 43 was a far better state then this broken mess. The amount of content and lies/promises made would b why it's dying.

Also you know why there rushing a 1.0 deadline? To put a shit game on PS4 cause they need more money Sony doesn't have preview program like Xbox. So they need to use Beta or 1.0 to get it over there watch Q1 2019 it will b in There store 

Edited by Poolofdeath1337

It's just a game, simple as that.

I viewed it on YouTube, my friend played it, I decided to get it regardless of what state/stage of development the game was in. 

A game is to be enjoyed, I personally enjoy what I've got at the minute, it also gives me chance to chat to people from different parts of the world that I play with. Sure I want to see it completed but I ain't complaining, I'll take what enjoyment I can out of what I've got. It clearly states in terms what it is, hell it might not even get released, so what, there's worse things in life to have to come to terms with, I mean £31 it's not even ten pints of Stella up town!

I've seen users go on five years this, five years that.. But still taking time to moan, sort of people that'd stick their dick in a blender an complain when it got minced, or cry when their tampon got bloody! 

And for all you forum warriors who think they know about IT delivery and release management, why don't you send these guys your CV, see if you can do a better job.

When fun stops, STOP! 

• Like 7
  • Beans 1

14 minutes ago, Turdstick said:

It's just a game, simple as that.

I viewed it on YouTube, my friend played it, I decided to get it regardless of what state/stage of development the game was in. 

A game is to be enjoyed, I personally enjoy what I've got at the minute, it also gives me chance to chat to people from different parts of the world that I play with. Sure I want to see it completed but I ain't complaining, I'll take what enjoyment I can out of what I've got. It clearly states in terms what it is, hell it might not even get released, so what, there's worse things in life to have to come to terms with, I mean £31 it's not even ten pints of Stella up town!

I've seen users go on five years this, five years that.. But still taking time to moan, sort of people that'd stick their dick in a blender an complain when it got minced, or cry when their tampon got bloody! 

And for all you forum warriors who think they know about IT delivery and release management, why don't you send these guys your CV, see if you can do a better job.

When fun stops, STOP! 

Hello forum warrior here! You clearly didn't read my post. And just interjected your 2cents to defend the game. I'm glad you saw your friend playing and are new to the party! Those of us who have waited and been here for an unfinished product with false promises are just tired of it. Also since your new take a gander at the post I linked :)

11 minutes ago, Poolofdeath1337 said:

Hello forum warrior here! You clearly didn't read my post. And just interjected your 2cents to defend the game. I'm glad you saw your friend playing and are new to the party! Those of us who have waited and been here for an unfinished product with false promises are just tired of it. Also since your new take a gander at the post I linked :)

Bye then :) 

It's just a game, deal with it. I got promised I pay rise for two years or so didn't get it even tho' we all deserved it, guess what, I kept going to work.. Do you know why? Coz I had too... 

This is a game, you don't have too, then the fun stops, STOP! An go buy a new tampon!

19 minutes ago, Turdstick said:

It's just a game, deal with it. I got promised I pay rise for two years or so didn't get it even tho' we all deserved it, guess what, I kept going to work.. Do you know why? Coz I had too... 

This is a game, you don't have too, then the fun stops, STOP! An go buy a new tampon!

Another defender who can't read ! As I stated right at the start.  the words are my opinion are right there. but the keyboard warriors r out without reading a post to defend a company they are just a consumer of.

seeing as I'm a consumer of there product as well. I'm more then within the bounds to make any complaints or opinions based on how they handle the product they make im using/purchased 

And I never specifically called you a forum warrior!

We can play a game called a hide and seek you go hide an I'll come find you... say in about five years haha...

No seriously my response wasn't aimed at you, but it's a game pal. Try aim for something more in life, go paint balling, get a girlfriend, go to gym... have fun, when you're bored play a game...

Choose life mate, it's not your fault.

21 minutes ago, Poolofdeath1337 said:

Another defender who can't read ! As I stated right at the start.  the words are my opinion are right there. but the keyboard warriors r out without reading a post to defend a company they are just a consumer of.

seeing as I'm a consumer of there product as well. I'm more then within the bounds to make any complaints or opinions based on how they handle the product they make im using/purchased 

Two quick points... 

Firstly, we can read, you just can't spell and have a limited understanding of grammar which makes your 'discourse' difficult to follow coherently. 

Secondly, why are you even in this forum? If you returned your game (which I doubt) then why waste time still moaning about it here. Take Turdsticks advice. 

11 minutes ago, Turdstick said:

We can play a game called a hide and seek you go hide an I'll come find you... say in about five years haha...

No seriously my response wasn't aimed at you, but it's a game pal. Try aim for something more in life, go paint balling, get a girlfriend, go to gym... have fun, when you're bored play a game...

Your statement lacks any forum of sound logic? Because I have owned a game 5yrs in development hell and pissed they haven't done anything means I don't have a life? Where do those 2 things intersect? By that logic your posting in response too me so can't I say the same for you can I not get some friends, maybe don't post on forum, go breathe fresh air , go post on reddit see how I took your statement and said the same things and they have no connection 

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Two quick points... 

Firstly, we can read, you just can't spell and have a limited understanding of grammar which makes your 'discourse' difficult to follow coherently. 

Secondly, why are you even in this forum? If you returned your game (which I doubt) then why waste time still moaning about it here. Take Turdsticks 

First point I own it on PC and Xbox,  returned Xbox so by logic I still own it on PC.     Ps.. if your read the first line of my comment you would know that.(but your clearly can't read just a typical fanboy hence your name)

2nd I'm sorry my sentence was too poorly rewritten for you but you can't seem to read so maybe that's not my fault :)

• Haha 1

Constructive criticism is not only fine, it’s welcomed.

However, let’s try to avoid personal insults. Those tend to get us nowhere.

Keep it classy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

8 hours ago, Poolofdeath1337 said:

. 43 was a far better state then this broken mess.

Yeah things like trying to apply a bandage multiple times because it would work or dropping item to the ground just to make it dissapear. Zombies running trough walls. etc.

Man those were the dayzz.

Edited by benedictus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Poolofdeath1337 said:

now we are 5yrs down the road and things are slightly better then they were

.. er ...  you joined the blog almost 4 months ago  but you are expert on  "WE are five years down the road" ?    Xbox players are not five years down the road, so I guess you aren't one ?  Lordy - just an old PC fanboy who never had anything to contribute?

But sure, maybe you've been reading the blog for all those 5 years down the road  (making your mind up) and just now noticed that "things are slightly better" ?  - I admire your stamina and willpower.. there were things happening a couple of years ago, you could have given your input.  Think how helpful that would have been! 
Back then.

Let me guess - you got mad about DayZ SA on PC when they blocked duping ? .. since then it' never been the same for you, right ?

I paid my money for Dayz SA just as a PAYBACK to BI and DayZ Mod for a thousand hours of enjoyment. I'd pass that same sum to any friend who needed it without thinking twice  - in return for the kicks I already got from that game.  I would have paid for SA even if I never played it, like buying the box DVD of a game you already enjoyed last year, just payback .. because it was a great game. I did that just from gratitude, OK?  Seems fair to me.

So for me, anything that has come along over the last five years since DZ Mod has been FREE, extra, NO CHARGE, do-what-you-like-with-it, and thanks for the playtime BI.

Everyone has their own attitude, suggestions, and rants, and ideas, and bug-fixes, or they want their money back, or they're stuck somewhere, or their loot has been stolen, or the server closed, or their keypad is fucked up, or they find glitches, or someone used bad language, or there's no auto-run, the map's too big, someone shot them, there are no kung-fu moves in the game, no medals, no kill counts, no duping, no orbital strikes, no HELICOPTERS (omg!) 

do I break wind about that ?  (yeah, a bit sometimes.. but I'm not wetting my underwear. Hell, I don't hardly even piss on anyone's shoes.)

You're probably more used to online games where bug-fixes and game updates and new gameplay are rolled together and called "DLC"s  .. makes you feel safe and warm and secure ?  Really not enough exploits and meta-gamig around these days, right ?

So - you got your money back on the Xbox game - good - that's your attitude, fine. Not Problem. 

I personally would have advised you hang on to your copy, PLAY some OTHER GAME and check this blog to see when DayZ is "worth" playing.. THEN play it on Xbox, because you already have a copy stashed. It's a pretty unusual game for (standard game) spoon-fed console players - its a pretty unusual game for PC players too.. that's why I'm here - NOT because this is my RELIGION...  dude, NOBODY forces me to play. Nah, really.. I play from my own free will.

Maybe consoles are "coming of age?".. Competing for the big boys now?   hmm?

But you managed to break out of the old evil BI Empire - That's brilliantly GOOD, well done!  Be happy. Go play whatever turns you on  - AND tell us what that is, just out of interest, and maybe we'll all come join you?
Have a great life. Bye.

p.s.  We expect to see you leading the online gaming revolution in a couple of years. Don't let us down.

xxP

Edited by pilgrim*
~
  • Like 3

Let’s NOT forget that they have also released VIGOR just recently. Is that where priorities are for a full March release ? 

I really find it hard to believe they can start and promote and sell a new game when the last one was not finished.

maybe they should hook back up with codemasters as OFP was the best game ever made if they could bring that game back on XB1X Ibwould be happy. But VIGOR was Meh and when I tried to leave feed back on the forum I was given penalties and treated REALLY BADLY by the mods over there so bad that I stopped playing the stupid game. 

I also bought this and VIGOR our of loyalty for all the hours of fun had in PC OFP back in the day. Even though the graphics compared to today was a bit well primitive the experience was so realistic. The amount of nights I sat in my little cubby under the stairs laughing out very loud before LOL was ever typed. The game was and is still my most favorite game ever. NOT THAT XBOX360 version. That was NOT OFP. And like pilgrim said above some of us just wanted to give back a lil something. 

This game will still still be around in another 5 years time and I will still be supporting it.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tyler Tee H C said:

I really find it hard to believe they can start and promote and sell a new game when the last one was not finished.

remember BI have over 300 staff spread across 5 studios in different countries now, and they have become the biggest Indy game producer worldwide.. I expect they have several projects coming along, as well as the ones that are public knowledge or already released.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Turdstick said:

Fun is subjective. So is life. 

It's just a game? Lol, life ain't?

Foh wit the bullshit. Choose life... Pffft you don't know his or her life. 

On 11/5/2018 at 7:56 PM, Poolofdeath1337 said:

I play plenty of other games sir :) . If we all waited on this company we would die of old age . As I've stated I've owned since PC release so 5years.that is a lot of waiting and taking breaks. 43 was a far better state then this broken mess. The amount of content and lies/promises made would b why it's dying.

Also you know why there rushing a 1.0 deadline? To put a shit game on PS4 cause they need more money Sony doesn't have preview program like Xbox. So they need to use Beta or 1.0 to get it over there watch Q1 2019 it will b in There store 

Sounds like someone believes everything he reads on the internet  and then spouts it verbatim before even knowing whether what he is spouting is true or not. 

The rush to 1.0 being blamed on PS release is nothing but assumptions by the people who have no inside knowledge and certainly no power to see what the future brings. 

And so for thos 5 years we’re you really waiting or was you playing ? If you were playing then you certainly was not waiting.

just my 2c.