ImpulZ

Stress Test vol.56

Is it just me or did the infected got weaker? It takes quite some hits before my health gets even near the yellow health symbol, while previously it was a matter of a couple of hits. It is a pity since the infected do not feel as dangerous any more. They also still have some trouble with path finding and occasionally just stop running after you for a couple of seconds before continuing their charge. To end on a positive note, their aggro has been improved. When you stand in their line of sight they most of the times spot you much faster.

19 minutes ago, amadieus said:

Is it just me or did the infected got weaker? It takes quite some hits before my health gets even near the yellow health symbol, while previously it was a matter of a couple of hits. It is a pity since the infected do not feel as dangerous any more. They also still have some trouble with path finding and occasionally just stop running after you for a couple of seconds before continuing their charge. To end on a positive note, their aggro has been improved. When you stand in their line of sight they most of the times spot you much faster.

Yeah. Also, often when I run at them to smack them with something they turn their back to me allowing me two or three free swings before they try to fight. Dunno what that's about but when you have a hatchet or better that is enough for them do die before they turn back.

Oh, the displaced item when swapping bug is back, items end up all over the place instead of in your hands. To avoid it you must put things in bags before bringing something else to your hands.

Edited by Beavis3D

19 minutes ago, Beavis3D said:

Yeah. Also, often when I run at them to smack them with something they turn their back to me allowing me two or three free swings before they try to fight. Dunno what that's about but when you have a hatchet or better that is enough for them do die before they turn back.

True I noticed that as well, you know in general i'm fine with a single infected being easy peasy to kill but in numbers they should at least be lethal. Nevertheless, infected do need some more love before I would call them ready for 1.0. Same goes for diseases by the way. Even on experimental we are already supposed to have six or so diseases, but so far the only thing that happened to me was random throwing up. Diseases need to be a serious element of the game and so far it is something that can be completely ignored. I still eat my chicken raw, that should not be the case any more!

And about soft skills? Are we just getting the current one in the game? I expected a bit more from it.

I had some issues with core gameplay. Also game crashed on exit. 

Essentially I had pretty cool gameplay. I have met unfriendly player in Staroe, already health cross yellow, then got shot by him, managed to defend myself, but low on health couldn't go far so entered next building to bandage and get better. Then zombies flocked in, which is kool. I have tried to use an old trick to lock them in the houses rather than shoot them and attract even more. But they were glitching on doorsteps and I couldn't do it, they would stop by the door don't move and then appear next to you in crazy speed << thats 1ST ISSUE.

Now I am absolutely limping, on critical health, I get into house and decide to shoot one by one, I have bullets for ~15 zombies. And I shoot down about 15, but it didn't seem like there were less of them around the hut by any moment. I am not exactly calling it an issue, but I suppose it is, so 2ND ISSUE >> zombies either respawn too quickly in same locations, or can tell the location of the sound too well, because they just seemed to never stop coming. Well perhaps if I had M4 and could get 30 of them down in one minute, then perhaps I would have been safe, but next time in such situation I would just log-off, thats why I think it is bad for core gameplay. Perhaps it would be kooler if zombies could break the doors like in old preview, in this way it would be really kool and logging off wouldn't save you, if it takes a while for a charracter to stay in server after log-off. 

I also don't want them to be easy, but also IMO it should be possible to clear down the zombies, at least for a while. At least for a minute lol

Edited by Mantasisg

Bug: I can't fill bottles, canteens or pots with water (reported).

But hey, I found a pack of nails !

Can't even get into the stress test - going back to windows after 5s of black screen.

Tried even to reinstall Windows. I am happy that it is first time that it is happening to me, but sad that I cannot test this version :(

Word to the wise.

You can take damage in a car crash now.

Art and I just died when the car flipped, landed on it's wheels, shown yellow warning light, then died, sending us into a tree in a ravine, which killed us on contact.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Beans 4

So any word about being able to fortify houses ? I'm very surprised we havent heard or seen anything recently as i follow status reports pretty closely. To be honest i always thought we would see barricading a house as the first iteration of creating a base but i spose then there is the spawning issues with servers connected to the same hive(s) and its a work in progress.. hmmm

17 minutes ago, liquidcactus said:

but i spose then there is the spawning issues with servers connected to the same hive(s) and its a work in progress.. hmmm

Now THAT'S and interesting point, there, my man...

I had not considered the problems associated with altering the server-specific world as it pertains to spawning.

Damn...that probably means there will be a "next closest" area for new spawns entering I guess. I cant remember logging in to the MOD on a previously un-played server and ending up in someone's fortified base! It was do-able back then...so I imagine the Public Hive will treat logins differently than maybe a Private Shard Master (or maybe not?).

The Plot Pole idea seemed to keep the login and logout areas fairly manageable but I can't remember if the SA dev team had ever mentioned this.

2 hours ago, liquidcactus said:

So any word about being able to fortify houses ? I'm very surprised we havent heard or seen anything recently as i follow status reports pretty closely. To be honest i always thought we would see barricading a house as the first iteration of creating a base but i spose then there is the spawning issues with servers connected to the same hive(s) and its a work in progress.. hmmm

It's been stated that they had to choose between base building or fortifying houses and they chose to go with base building instead so fortifying won't be in until after 1.0 hits.

• Beans 1

Below is shots from Sunday build 55 and Monday build 56.

mhJL4Xl.jpg

^King-a-de-castle king-a-de-castle!

Jumping has opened up some interesting map elements.

Spoiler

INSd1ow.jpg

HnmSCjg.jpg

^Gary battles for a tenacious potato in a tricky spawn spot.

Spoiler

tLxBKbE.jpg

^You can enter a vehicle with things in your hands, no problem.

Spoiler

8fFIFi2.jpg

kTdKgEV.jpg

^In today's build I have seen a lot of new and buggy infected behaviors. The first infected above, did not see me at all. The 2nd one was just standing staring at this scarecrow, not moving. I see infected spawning in based on aggro patterns, often spawning in where you can see them, or even directly behind you. Hits are not registering when they are near map elements and it's taking more rounds then ever to take them down. The infected screams seem to aggro surrounding infected but also seem to trigger more infected spawn.

Spoiler

nffih9q.jpg

^Oil is in, not sure if it matters to get the car running yet.

Spoiler

HByiiBE.jpg

^Car doors are bugged and cannot be readily opened from inside the car.

Spoiler

Uc2vR4c.jpg

^These 3 infected merely stood in their respective places and screamed, arms held back. The hermit infected did come forward on his own and fight me but I had to go to the other 2 and kill them where they stood.

Spoiler

ANMijmA.jpg

^Infected are no longer hopping fences. :P

Spoiler

zWguQQZ.jpg

^Ended my night with Kilgore and Emu. I got surrounded by infected and they couldn't save me. RIP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's impressive in a way, to see all this content so abruptly.

I feel like this is where we should have been a few months ago somehow....

Today's build brought many changes and some new stuff.

I'm glad the infected spawning and aggro is being adjusted but I think the approach is off somehow. It might be better if infected were drawn in by gun fire from further outside town possibly from wooded areas, instead of spawning in right in the center of town where they certainly were not a moment before. I would also like to see infected spawn points outside of towns, and random infected roaming in the woods.

There are still many of the issues related to desynch effecting characters animations and inventory interactions. I believe desynch might even be related to character locked in DB.

We have managed to build 3 cars in the last 2 days and they have all been destroyed within a very short time after putting them together. It seems like they are adding in components build by build and even changing the dynamic spawn points and regional spawn points of many things, build by build.

I raided a small camp last night, getting a couple tents and netting. Only to lose those same tents when they were stolen form the (crappy) spot we put them in. I had a guy run right through our main camp, about 30 feet away, and he never saw me or our tents. I couldn't believe it.

...hoping for more builds as the week goes on.

Keep up the good work, devs!

• Like 1
  • Beans 8

12 hours ago, igor-vk said:

Is key binding fixed???

11 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

I know a way to find out

No its not Fixed. I cant test this version like the last. But here in Australia we don't get test servers either, so we join a server 180+ ping in the us. :(

2 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I'm glad the infected spawning and aggro is being adjusted but I think the approach is off somehow. It might be better if infected were drawn in by gun fire from further outside town possibly from wooded areas, instead of spawning in right in the center of town where they certainly were not a moment before. I would also like to see infected spawn points outside of towns, and random infected roaming in the woods.

There are definitely more infected spawning in this build than in previous builds, which is great, but their movement has issues. They can stand screaming in place, unable to move, and occasionally will teleport to your side. I had one pass through a wall and hit me in the back when I was waiting for him in a shed, facing the door. That might have been the lag-teleport-thing though since the door was open, I don't think he actually walked through the wall. I've also been hit through walls and doors a few times after barricading myself in a room with angry infected outside.

I think these problems are due to some new server lag issue that came with yesterday's build, since on offline they had no issues and their pathfinding is better than it has been in a very long time. I started shooting infected from the roof of the Elektro police station, and soon infected started coming out onto the roof. They not only found their way into the building, but navigated up three floors and onto the roof. This is good, I hope they learn to break down doors (when in larger groups maybe, or with time) and climb ladders soon too...

I really like that they will aggro each other with the screaming, but like Bio wrote they shouldn't spawn within sight of a player but rather come running from the woods. Also, spawn points in the boonies is a must! I don't know if infected have a despawn timer and/or spawn area leash today, but imo they should be allowed to wander indefinitely unless killed, so they can end up just about anywhere.

Other things observed during this stress test:

• Animation when carrying heavy items such as barrels and car doors still glitched. Character's left arm is twisted in a way that looks like something out of a Japanese horror film. It's bent all wrong...
  • When holding barrels, doors etc, please block emotes and other motions that just cannot be performed with such an item in your hands. When logging out with a lada hood in hands there was a very gruesome glitch when the character sat down.
  • I had sporadic micro freezes that came and went. I suspect these were related to the same thing that causes infected movement to glitch, since I didn't have them in Offline mode.
  • I can confirm the new water bottle bug, it cannot be refilled at water pumps.
  • Still not possible to light fireplaces in indoor hearth but you can set fireplaces on the floor instead, so it doesn't matter.
Edited by Beavis3D
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

1. Water bottle/Cooking pot will not fill at water spouts, either drains what is left and/or does the animation/sound for unscrewing lid and then stops.

2. When fighting zombie with brass knuckles it took a solid minute and a half to kill him, when using bare fists it is much quicker.

3. The names of items include "$" in the name

4. ACOG scope is named "ATOG", not sure if that is meant to be like that or simply a typo.

5. I searched Balota, Pavlovo, Zelen and multiple other military tents/barracks and did not find a single military weapon. Not sure if that was intentional, but I couldn't find a rifle or pistol for the life of me. I found a shotgun, multiple IZH rifles and a Mosin along the coast, but didn't find any military rifles in the bases. 

6. I noticed multiple times zombies sprinting through the woods on all fours with similar animation to deer, but they ran right past me so im not sure if this is a bug or intentional (it's actually pretty cool though lol). 

7. Zombies now have teleportation abilities, they go from screaming in place to directly on top of you inflicting damage. 

8. When carrying base supplies your characters arms become that of stretch Armstrong. 

I like the animation/detail improvement, but seems to be a lot of things that aren't working properly. Also, I loathe the keybindings. I really hope upon release we are able to change the controls. Using "F" to interact is annoying after playing .62 for so long. Good luck folks, thanks for the updates!

Edited by Aaron Whites
forgot things

2 minutes ago, Aaron Whites said:

1. Water bottle/Cooking pot will not fill at water spouts, either drains what is left and/or does the animation/sound for unscrewing lid and then stops.

2. When fighting zombie with brass knuckles it took a solid minute and a half to kill him, when using bare fists it is much quicker.

3. The names of items include "$" in the name

4. ACOG scope is named "ATOG", not sure if that is meant to be like that or simply a typo.

5. I searched Balota, Pavlovo, Zelen and multiple other military tents/barracks and did not find a single military weapon. Not sure if that was intentional, but I couldn't find a rifle or pistol for the life of me. I found a shotgun, multiple IZH rifles and a Mosin along the coast, but didn't find any military rifles in the bases. 

6. I noticed multiple times zombies sprinting through the woods on all fours with similar animation to deer, but they ran right past me so im not sure if this is a bug or intentional (it's actually pretty cool though lol). 

I like the animation/detail improvement, but seems to be a lot of things that aren't working properly. Also, I loathe the keybindings. I really hope upon release we are able to change the controls. Using "F" to interact is annoying after playing .62 for so long. Good luck folks, thanks for the updates!

1. They have confirmed this bug and are working on a fix.

2. Hahaha that is messed up. Something tells me the damage value of the brass knuckles is handled like any melee weapon, and it has some placeholder value that is supposed to add to the fist damage but instead overrides it.

3. Yeah, the last few database updates have brought this, they're messing around with item names every update.

4. Same as 3, they're messing around with the names partly due to licensing / copyright issues.

5. I actually like this. Military weapons should be rare - but there should be Mosin ammo in civ locations as well.

6. I've seen this too. They aggro when someone is shooting but then bug out and set off into the bush. They won't stop unless killed, won't interact with anything and pass through obstacles as ghosts.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

This was my first time playing the new stress test so I didn't know about the names/other stuff they've addressed. But yeah, I think the military weapons should be rare, but not impossible to find. Maybe I was just having shit luck but for none of those bases I went to to have any weapons kinda sucks imo. The shotgun doesn't seem to do much damage to zombies, it seemed to one-hit them in .62 but yesterday I was getting messed up trying to shoot them with it using both slugs and shot shells. 

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, Johnnyjohnnyjohnnyyy said:

Jumping on a pile of planks can make you get stuck in a jump animation and it took me quite some time to be able to get out of it. 

Happened to me with a hesco barrier too when I walked over it.

5 hours ago, w0nd4bra said:

Any way to save the offline hive?

I’d like to know if save is available in offline too as I’m moving house and not sure how long I will be without internet so offline is only way to play for a while, I know there is a unofficial way to have offline persistence but would rather not edit files that way jus incase, would appreciate a yes or no on this pls and thank you 

edit: have been told no save option in offline mode yet unless using unofficial sources 

Edited by stonerftm

Not sure it has that post-apocalyptic vibe. Will this be the new meta?

p7zl4tv.jpg

9 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Not sure it has that post-apocalyptic vibe. Will this be the new meta?

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing 'booty shorts' in the apocalypse, last time I remember.   

As a matter a fact, I frequently wear them whenever I think the apocalypse is about to happen.. 

Wait, my bad.  Disregard that last line above.  Someone must have hijacked my keyboard while I wasn't looking.   Unread that please. 

hello

i get error connection

i cant play in this offline mode

in real dayz game i cant survivel 1 day

i just die ...
i need learn what to do

please help