Baty Alquawen

Experimental Update 0.63.149358

1 minute ago, phatbank said:

My dedicated server running the last patch ran fine but now, after updating, it crashes every time @ " [CE] [HIVE] :: Init sequence finished " I backed up everything and did a clean install with ONLY the previous ServerDZ.xml file in place to name the server and the needed 'instanceId' to start the server.. kinda boo that it stops here. Any ideas?

Are you running it on Ubuntu or anything? I am and it's not working they are updating the servers in the morning even though the twitter said they are updated and released

1 minute ago, Knightfade said:

Okay so your 1 hour ahead, do you know the time around tomorrow? So I can get my VPS set up for the update

Just now, phatbank said:

My dedicated server running the last patch ran fine but now, after updating, it crashes every time @ " [CE] [HIVE] :: Init sequence finished " I backed up everything and did a clean install with ONLY the previous ServerDZ.xml file in place to name the server and the needed 'instanceId' to start the server.. kinda boo that it stops here. Any ideas?

I don't know guys. Devs are at home right now, only PR/community people are here. You need to wait until tomorrow.

• Beans 2

DayZ - Out now on  ? Xbox!‏Verified account @DayZ 3h3 hours ago

More

Public server files are updated and released. :) 

Long time no speak, I’ve been playing still from time to time and checking the forums 3-4 times a week and just logged back in to say congrats with the progress it seems were nearly there, it’s starting to feel like the game the mod was all were missing is the community we had, slowly but surely  it’s all coming back, we haven’t give up on this and I’m glad you devs haven’t either even with all the ups n downs, 1 day at a time, also gotta say what’s up to smash-t and orlok long time glad to see you all still on it

edit: have been told no save option in offline mode yet unless using unofficial sources 

Edited by stonerftm

3 minutes ago, Knightfade said:

DayZ - Out now on  ? Xbox!‏Verified account @DayZ 3h3 hours ago

More

Public server files are updated and released. :) 

Yes, for servers running another operation system than Windows server 2008 R2.

• Beans 1

so excited to see this.  still going to force myself to wait till jan to actually boot up but i do the reading on here several times a day.  was just curious about base building.  have seen a couple videos on utube where people tested shooting built structures and they seemed unable to damage the structures.  have also seen things in status reports talking about combination locks to secure your camp and talk of fixes to stop people ghosting into camps.  what i have not seen any of is work towardsbeing able to break into/destroy or raid camps.  the only thing i could think of is that you might need explosives, but without throwing mechanics to use grenades that only leaves us with landmines and self sacrifice.  i like the concept of basebuilding for the endgame but bases should be far from invincible.  they should need to be defended or repaired.  can a car crash through a wall? will there be a structure decay system implemented?  just a little worried as i feel a map full of impenetrable structures would make for quite boring gameplay.

Just now, Baty Alquawen said:

Yes, for servers running another operation system than Windows server 2008 R2.

So it should be updated for ubuntu ? I'm not running the server with windows 2008 

16 minutes ago, Knightfade said:

So it should be updated for ubuntu ? I'm not running the server with windows 2008 

We don't support Linux right now, but we plan it in the future.

• Beans 1

I had a good session and found several items (one of which I'll screenshot shortly) but I was pleasantly surprised to find that new items that wasn't in previously are spawning.

Tactical Helmet:

zWpQDGE.jpg

@Baty Alquawen

I've been unable to play since May now thanks to this issue: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T128979

I was hoping this patch would have fixed it, but I did not find anything in the change-log about this. I'll try later on it game but I'm afraid it'll be a waste of time.

Triple screen worked fine in 0.62, why was it changed? Can we please give a higher priority to this issue?

Just now, jeef said:

@Baty Alquawen

I've been unable to play since May now thanks to this issue: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T128979

I was hoping this patch would have fixed it, but I did not find anything in the change-log about this. I'll try later on it game but I'm afraid it'll be a waste of time.

Triple screen worked fine in 0.62, why was it changed? Can we please give a higher priority to this issue?

We are aware of this issue, a fix is planned after 1.0.

1 hour ago, runt0r said:

Yeah i was so mad because of this too so i managed editing config file manually at dayz documents folder,

this is the file with key controls: Documents\DayZ\xxx.dayz_preset_User.xml

i edited it with free notepad++

the aviable key bindings list is in same folder named xxx.core.xml

dont forget to backup your edited file as mine was deleted after some experimenting with unused lines from earlier version

one more tip pageup and pagedown key is marked as "kPrior" and "kNext"

good luck

Did you by any chance managed to make one of the toggle functions work? In the core.xml are ToggleLean and ToggleWeaponRaise listed, but if I assign them they do not are actually applied in game.. (

11 minutes ago, Charles Sapp said:

Bring DayZ to PS4 ....

Next year.

I love how everybody suddenly leaves the server when it's raining and it starts to get night. All the loot for my own.

• Beans 3

More new items that I've found while playing tonight.

Epoxy Putty (Not sure if it was in stress test):

UlBxA4Z.jpg

Combination Lock:

bg7NFtL.jpg

Tactical Gloves:

IEppsPi.jpg

Grrr, I'd like to be able to check out how things are running on the exp branch but it looks like steam has shit the bed.  Anyone have any info on steam being down as I can go into offline mode but I'm not seeing any servers?

All is good now.  Only down for 30 mins

Edited by Guy Smiley

Wow its feeling pretty GREAT. I Spawned into AUS 1-1. Pissing down rain. It went to night time. Dark as SHIT ! Lit a flare, ran outside thinking flares are water proof in heavy rain.. flare becomes ruined. Ran into a big shed. lit a glow stick.. just enough light to see the ground.. 2 zombies attack me and im punching in the dark with just enough light to see there cold, mean faces. IN 10 mins that was pretty great.

Found vitamins - do they do anything ?

Found some denim shorts

It was raining very heavy on AUS 1-1 Seems clothing wetness doesnt really seem to matter entirely. I had a drenched hoody and it went to damp in 10-15 sec wen standing in building after being in hardcore sideways rain. Holding an  item in your hand while outside gets wet in the rain also which is a nice touch (not sure if thats new or not). 

Will test more when day time comes on the server but wow man the atmosphere was great. Hope it all goes smoothly.

15 minutes ago, liquidcactus said:

Wow its feeling pretty GREAT. I Spawned into AUS 1-1. Pissing down rain. It went to night time. Dark as SHIT ! Lit a flare, ran outside thinking flares are water proof in heavy rain.. flare becomes ruined. Ran into a big shed. lit a glow stick.. just enough light to see the ground.. 2 zombies attack me and im punching in the dark with just enough light to see there cold, mean faces. IN 10 mins that was pretty great.

Found vitamins - do they do anything ?

Found some denim shorts

It was raining very heavy on AUS 1-1 Seems clothing wetness doesnt really seem to matter entirely. I had a drenched hoody and it went to damp in 10-15 sec wen standing in building after being in hardcore sideways rain. Holding an  item in your hand while outside gets wet in the rain also which is a nice touch (not sure if thats new or not). 

Will test more when day time comes on the server but wow man the atmosphere was great. Hope it all goes smoothly.

Why not craft a torch?