Tyler Tee H C

Was jogging along when ...

Maybe someone headshot you? I've been shot before and not heard the shot, just had the death screen. I died recently where I didn't hear a thing but my mate further up the road heard the shot, probably an svd

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Like 1

i had this happen to me too. i assumed id been sniped like fanboy said. its hard to press that respawn button after that sometimes 

Edited by el_nicho
  • Like 1

Yep long range headshot, with games with bullet velocity and not hit scan you'd die before you hear the shot. Bullets reaching you before the sound does. Feels bad man, I've died a few times this way with a friend who heard the shot after I'd left this earthly realm lol.

• Like 1

Sounded like a headshot. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Tee H C said:

I wish they'd at least try to communicate. 

Lol, don't we all.

• Like 1

Yep if I see a player alone and with a holstered weapon, especially if there dressed in civilian clothing I always try and initiate comms . If someone's tooled up in military gear and rolling with an AR & silencer in hand I'll usually avoid them or watch for abit and see if they have friends or are hunting players , on those occasions I'll kill them. But rarely and only if I see them taking shots at a player unprovoked . But strictly KOS players confuse me tbh, especially death squads killing fresh spawns. I don't see the sport in it .

• Like 1

In light of this I think it’d Be a REALLY good idea to have a Kill Feed. So we can know what we was shot by and at what Range???

So please add a Kill feed as when I died like that I was ‘Thinking’ Ibwas killed bybthe game itself and that left a bad taste in my mouth and so a Kill feed would end that frustration and you know after living for weeks and being killed by what appears to be nothing could end up causing threads to be posted like this one ;)

What says you guys ?? Would it could a Kill feed in regard to your death and what caused it would or could help the game or make it a bit noob friendly ? 

But there are mods on PC DayZ that has it so could it be implemented ?

I suggested something like this a while back but it was pointed out to me that it would give tactical information to your squad. If the range, weapon used, etc was given, this would give a an unfair advantage to any surviving squad members. This hadn't occurred to me and I must say I agree. I understand what you're saying though. I remember watching old frankie videos where it would show text at the bottom of the screen saying "Joe blogs died". In some ways I think even this would potentially spoil it. Sometimes in a firefight you think you've shot someone but can't be certain and can only verify if you find the body. I believe this adds a touch more tension to the game as you still need to be cautious before coming out of cover to check for bodies. 

I'm not sure what the answer should be really. I guess everyone will have a different view. Maybe when private servers become a thing, server owners may be able to add or remove options for this kind of information. I think things like this and options for day night cycle would be obvious potions in private servers. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Beans 2