Sign in to follow this  
Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

[Confused] BETA vs 1.0

On 10/26/2018 at 9:54 AM, ImpulZ said:

We also announced to bring BETA and 1.0 this year, which we intend to keep as well.

I've got a few questions regarding the ^ statement.

In the year of our lord, today is the first of November which leaves us 60-61 days depending on how you count.

1. When do we call the build BETA? Does this mean that BETA is only the 0.63 Experimental Branch and once it gets pushed to Stable it's 1.0? Traditionally a build works like this: Internal build 0.x goes to EXP and then on to Stable 0.x. With that said, BETA should be when 0.63 hit's the Stable Branch right?
  2. Why are we still getting Stress Tests? Isn't that what Experimental is for? I always thought that EXP was the stress test for each build. 
  3. What happened to BETA Strike Team 1 & 2? 
  4. How long will the game be in BETA (whatever that is now) before it hit's 1.0?
Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Beans 2

I just don't get this, first the beta gets delayed and delayed even more. Then we get stress tests, which gets me me thinking, wow maybe will finally get  the beta. 4+ months pass still nothing. Now they announce that it will be released before 2019...But god knows if they will manage to do that...

There is a part of me that loves DayZ and some good stuff has happend, but overall this development has just been a series of long dissapointments. There really must be a tiny skeleton crew working on this game at this point, because this really is extraordinary in how slow everything is going forward.

1 minute ago, Evilsausage said:

I just don't get this, first the beta gets delayed and delayed even more. Then we get stress tests, which gets me me thinking, wow maybe will finally get  the beta. 4+ months pass still nothing. Now they announce that it will be released before 2019...But god knows if they will manage to do that...

There is a part of me that loves DayZ and some good stuff has happend, but overall this development has just been a series of long dissapointments. There really must be a tiny skeleton crew working on this game at this point, because this really is extraordinary in how slow everything is going forward.

I don't want this topic to turn into a rant on the devs. If you use critical thinking, it's not a dev issue at all, its a CEO issue and if anybody is to blame it's Marek Spanel...blame him. Anyway, I'm just looking for some clarification. Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bantankerous said:

.65 is beta, I believe.  The only thing that is exciting about it is the SDK.  Once that hits, be prepared for some lovely PVP modded servers and all the good ole boys to come back shittin in RPers moufs. 

There is no 0.65. Where do you people get this stuff from? They've openly said 0.63 is the last build before 1.0. Old news...

PVP mods are wack. Why would you want a PVP mod with a PVP structure that's meant to be clunky? I can't wait until those players quit for good and find some other corny ass game like PUBG or Fornite.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

I just said that there must be a skeleton crew working on it. That doesnt mean i blame the crew, i'm just guessing there are very few at BiS actually working on DayZ.

But I still stand by my statement that the development of DayZ has been a  dissapointment. It really becomes hard to think of other games that has had worse development then this.  Thats not a rant, thats pretty much a fact by now.

• Confused 1

Current stress test build is considered as Experimental Beta, when it goes to stable, it will mean that game as a whole enters BETA stage, and its time for balancing, massive bug-fixing and polishing to get the game ready for 1.0. After that comes post developing like in every Bohemia Interactive product, so helis, more weapons ect. ;-) I hope that answers your questions.

• Beans 1

4 minutes ago, Evilsausage said:

But I still stand by my statement that the development of DayZ has been a  dissapointment. It really becomes hard to think of other games that has had worse development then this.  Thats not a rant, thats pretty much a fact by now.

"Disappointment" is subjective.  "Worse development" is also subjective.  You can't use actual facts to prove how you feel about something and then claim everyone feels the same way.

I would love to see some answers to Weyland's questions.  Unfortunately, it seems to be smoke and mirrors.  Just guessing that they don't have an exact answer.   This could be one of those games that skips over official Beta tuning altogether.  Whatever they have finished by December #th, will be 1.0.  

Maybe we're already in beta?  However, calling it beta would invite a slew of legitimate 'wtf' questions that the devs don't want to answer because of the battle on many fronts,  getting the job done, answering player questions, and meeting the demands of Spanel.

This is a great bunch of questions.  It will be interesting to not only see the official response, but how the response is delivered, considering the mountain of contradictory statements and claims that have been made.

• Beans 2

My thoughts on how the path to beta and stable probably will be:

1. Stress tests get stuffed with all the missing 1.0 content, some bugs will get fixed there

2. When everything is in and the game is not unplayable, stress test build will be released on experimental

3. Some more bugfixing on experimental

4. When the game is pretty much ok, experimental build will be declared as ready for stable and bet begins

5. Bugfixing

6. Bugfixing

7. Game runs fine now. Time to call it 1.0.

It's still 1 month and 3 weeks until christmas, that doesn't sound like much time left, but devs have been throwing out loads of content in the last few stress test builds. So i guess they could get the feature "complete" version to the experimental branch by the end of the next week.

When no one has to work on finishing features, they can all go to for bugfixing and the Beta begins like half a week later.

That would still be more than a month time for the "final" bugfixing.

I guess BIS staff will have to go for massive overhours to get the game ready for 1.0 before christmas, but i'm sure they can. I trust in you guys, don't get discouraged by all the negativity here.

• Beans 1

16 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

I've got a few questions regarding the ^ statement.

In the year of our lord, today is the first of November which leaves us 60-61 days depending on how you count.

1. When do we call the build BETA? Does this mean that BETA is only the 0.63 Experimental Branch and once it gets pushed to Stable it's 1.0? Traditionally a build works like this: Internal build 0.x goes to EXP and then on to Stable 0.x. With that said, BETA should be when 0.63 hit's the Stable Branch right?
  2. Why are we still getting Stress Tests? Isn't that what Experimental is for? I always thought that EXP was the stress test for each build. 
  3. What happened to BETA Strike Team 1 & 2? 
  4. How long will the game be in BETA (whatever that is now) before it hit's 1.0?

1) 0.63 Stable
2) Stress test is like testing for stuff thats gonna get before Exp and ofcourse "Stress testing".
3) Beta Strike?
4) I think it won't be long, seems like the Beta will become 1.0 ( Final ) since DayZ Devs somewhat promised to finish it in 2018 and gonna add remaining features/things after final release ( 1.1 -> 1.2 etc ). But 1.0 not going to be "Full game". 

Edited by exacomvm

1 hour ago, Bantankerous said:

Originally it was supposed to be .65 but you are correct.  I don't follow this game that much anymore, seeming as BIS is horrible.  

The people that left - like 99% of the community are just waiting for the SDK and the mods to come back and bring the glory that once was DayZ PVP.  Get ready for it, cause we will practice on our servers but raid yours and we will not follow your RP rules, GL on the ban, Bohemia hates giving control like this to the people that run servers.  If you know what I am talking about, you know.  If you don't and have never run a server with a BIS game, then have fun finding out. 

I'm not responding to any of that. I just looked at your last 5 posts and they're all filled with rabid malcontent. Ain't nobody got no time for that.

InHGON7.png

• Beans 1

On 11/1/2018 at 4:01 PM, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

There is no 0.65. Where do you people get this stuff from? They've openly said 0.63 is the last build before 1.0. Old news...

PVP mods are wack. Why would you want a PVP mod with a PVP structure that's meant to be clunky? I can't wait until those players quit for good and find some other corny ass game like PUBG or Fornite.

Why? people have different servers. If you mean free official servers, i am sure the devs might make something constructively up for them specifically. Those games you mentioned are FPS games and not survival combined with PVP. Scum is the only thing close enough to what dayz was like at .45. We need a variety of different types of servers like Arma 3 had for some many yrs. Its the only way to grow, the modding community and the game in general.

Wishing something like that could mean short life span

Just saying

On 11/4/2018 at 4:19 AM, Evilsausage said:

Well you will never have everyone feel the same way. You can have the best game ever and there will still be some people hating it. 
But you must really be living in a bubble if you don't see that the majority is disappointed with DayZ. It was like the biggest thing on YT in 2012/13, how many actually play/stream it now? Most people have moved on and DayZs delayed development has become a running joke. Still today lack any real endgame content, some mods 5 years ago had more to offer then SA has currently. The game is based on a existing game and still they haven't even reached a beta 6 years after, even though they received loads of money during the days it was actually hyped. They had such a good oppertunity and they kinda blew it.
I enjoy DayZ SA from time to time, but I do  have kind of a love/hate relationship to it. Because it could have been sooooo much better...

Seriously there are some people here that just defend DayZ no matter what, same people who last winter said. "DayZ beta is comming soon now and it will be awsome blabla"....Almost one year has passed and still nothing. Still same delusional people defend DayZ today. Strange how some can't even admit the development of this has been atleast flawed.

Stay on topic or amscray please. I don't want this derailing into the graveyard. Thank you.

On 11/3/2018 at 11:45 AM, sneakydude said:

Why? people have different servers. If you mean free official servers, i am sure the devs might make something constructively up for them specifically. Those games you mentioned are FPS games and not survival combined with PVP. Scum is the only thing close enough to what dayz was like at .45. We need a variety of different types of servers like Arma 3 had for some many yrs. Its the only way to grow, the modding community and the game in general.

Wishing something like that could mean short life span

Just saying

I was responding to a troll, which was obviously a mistake...please don't extend this off-topic. Thank you.

• Like 1

I really hope everyone takes any claims from the DayZ team with a grain of salt.  They have been promising us so much for so long and always delivered a steaming pile of S#*!.  Hell, I remember a few years back when they promised to have little birds, bicycles, and building in game by End of Year...  I laughed at that claim then and was hardly surprised when they delivered on Absolutely NONE of it.

DayZ SA is one of those rare and special cluster F#@!s that sells a zillion copies when it first debuts and then somehow gradually gets worse and worse as time goes on.  It is the ultimate cat fish of a game and still seems to have a good amount of people hooked at the throat.  If this was a company in the western world... there surely would have been a major lawsuit and bankruptcy to follow.

The good ol' days of Arma DayZ Mods are long gone... Just accept it and move on like I did.

• Confused 1
  • Beans 1

22 hours ago, eNIGMATICsquid said:

I really hope everyone takes any claims from the DayZ team with a grain of salt.  They have been promising us so much for so long and always delivered a steaming pile of S#*!.  Hell, I remember a few years back when they promised to have little birds, bicycles, and building in game by End of Year...  I laughed at that claim then and was hardly surprised when they delivered on Absolutely NONE of it.

DayZ SA is one of those rare and special cluster F#@!s that sells a zillion copies when it first debuts and then somehow gradually gets worse and worse as time goes on.  It is the ultimate cat fish of a game and still seems to have a good amount of people hooked at the throat.  If this was a company in the western world... there surely would have been a major lawsuit and bankruptcy to follow.

The good ol' days of Arma DayZ Mods are long gone... Just accept it and move on like I did.

Uggh another one of these guys. At least they have an ignore feature.

The only problem I've ever really had with the game is the direction of the forum. The mods let people like you post waaaay to much. I remember the days when Kich would delete posts like this. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

5 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Uggh another one of these guys. At least they have an ignore feature.

The only problem I've ever really had with the game is the direction of the forum. The mods let people like you post waaaay to much. I remember the days when Kich would delete posts like this. 

Even if I don't agree with the guy that you should fully abandone DayZ.

He does have a right to complain. 6 years of development with different promises they have failed to deliver.

The forum is nearly dead and you want less posts to be made? Or just less negative ones? Censor people because its just completly wrong to complain on DayZ? 

28 minutes ago, Evilsausage said:

Even if I don't agree with the guy that you should fully abandone DayZ.

He does have a right to complain. 6 years of development with different promises they have failed to deliver.

The forum is nearly dead and you want less posts to be made? Or just less negative ones? Censor people because its just completly wrong to complain on DayZ? 

You've been here since 2012 and you haven't seen enough cry babies yet? I've had enough. Its 5 years (SA), December 2013 and they started deving 3 months before then.

If the forum is dead so be it, it's better than being overrun by complaining half-wits milling the trough ruining every step forward for everyone. Kick the trolls out, whatever you want to call it. I'm not here to post about the complaint desk. Do you understand where this is going?

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

I always thought they said .63 hitting Stable was BETA? Isn't that what was intended? I guess it then means we would naturally get more updates on stress test/experimental now. Pushing .63 to stable with base building as well actually gives more incentive to start properly playing the game without fear of constantly getting wiped a few days later. Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

Pushing .63 to stable with base building as well actually gives more incentive to start properly playing the game without fear of constantly getting wiped a few days later. Just my thoughts.

+1

Its a forum. People do complain on all forums. But you picked a game with 6 years of troubled development that still isn't out. Still saying complainers are "half-wits" as if they are dumb for complaing? Aren't you a bit of "half-wit" for thinking that? 

DayZ was like the biggest shit ever in 2012 and ofc that will mean people have strong thoughts about it. Many people are disappointed over what they actually have managed to achieve.

Complainers mean that they still atleast care about Dayz in some way or another. Thats atleast something... The majority of DayZ players have just moved on to something else. 

In reply to Weyland Yutani:  (my best shot).

In MY opinion (not authoritative) - BI have complete control over their own numbering system for DayZ SA on  PC.. they can just about call any version anything they like. OK.
However, I BELIEVE all this Stress Testing (etc) is mainly aimed at producing a core game that fits Xbox without bugs (AND also fits PC, naturally, but the focus is on Xbox) .. that's a difficult proposition for BI because the game has to be translated to a different end-user platform which is completely rigid - not even the owners can mess with their own machines, they aren't root, Microsoft is root on their own home machine, not them.

So, the "naming conventions" for PC are up to BI, totally.

However on Xbox, they have an agreement with Microsoft and I am certain this includes a development track and dates. My own (personal) take on Microsoft is that they are like Mormons from an alien planet.  I don't think they have much of a sense of humor, they have a hive mind probably, and  I think they follow rigid rules (sorry if I offend) . So BI must produce "version numbers" and deliver product on Xbox that suits THEM.  They are the Borg in this scenario.

What suits MS, we players can only guess (by looking from the outside at the development history of other Xbox games) , as MS have a 'rigorous' policy of saying NOTHING about it. So BI will definitely be in a situation where they cannot mention any specific details of their agreement with MS. Including dates, versions, content.

If I'm wrong, someone will say so openly. But I don't think I'm wrong.

So BI can say "what they like" about the PC version, they can call releases and updates etc,  except that the PC version is being FITTED into Xbox right now - and BI have a clear (binding, default) agreement to deliver DZ Xbox 1.0 on day D, with content XYZ included. - I estimate that they will certainly NOT say what date that is set for, or what will be included in that game.

If we look at the effort on PC, and remember that it is focused on delivering a game fully playable on Xbox, then it is fairly easy to see where BI are headed and what will be included in DayZ Xbox 1.0
In the meantime, version numbers on PC don't really have any bearing on anything except keeping the PC fans happy. 
IMO. 

Anyone who can find a definitive Xbox release timeline will have the answers Weyland is looking for.

At the moment, PC is just the place where Xbox development is taking place. -  But that doesn't make the PC game any less fun.

xxP

Update:

<<

- the Experimental BETA patch is hitting the Experimental servers (06 Nov 2018)
- The current 0.63 will be moving to the default branch (what we call the Stable branch)
- What's in the Experimental build now (06 Nov 2018) - is the list of items we want to hit 1.0 with.
- Experimental BETA will go straight to Stable.

>>

??

Edited by pilgrim*

22 hours ago, Evilsausage said:

Its a forum. People do complain on all forums. But you picked a game with 6 years of troubled development that still isn't out. Still saying complainers are "half-wits" as if they are dumb for complaing? Aren't you a bit of "half-wit" for thinking that? 

DayZ was like the biggest shit ever in 2012 and ofc that will mean people have strong thoughts about it. Many people are disappointed over what they actually have managed to achieve.

Complainers mean that they still atleast care about Dayz in some way or another. Thats atleast something... The majority of DayZ players have just moved on to something else. 

When I said do you understand where this is going? I meant you're about to get put on my ignore list.

Before I put you on ignore...

Sure, people complain but there is a macrocosmic frequency here where you have to sift through the complaints to get to anything. It's too much, nobody should have to deal with this. Look pussy, you're not going to start insulting me. I'm not the sort that's going to sit here and take insults. Talk to me like you would talk to me IRL, otherwise STFU and keep it moving.

DayZ wasn't the biggest shit in 2012. There was 2M users/downloaders according to BI which could be entirely fake figures. Even if the numbers are legit...thats nothing more than a hint we should make a full game. That piece of shit game Firewatch sold over 1M copies...2-3 hours of shit.

OK then, maybe it's time to move on. Cya in the next life...you're being ignored for the rest of this one.

1 hour ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

When I said do you understand where this is going? I meant you're about to get put on my ignore list.

Before I put you on ignore...

Sure, people complain but there is a macrocosmic frequency here where you have to sift through the complaints to get to anything. It's too much, nobody should have to deal with this. Look pussy, you're not going to start insulting me. I'm not the sort that's going to sit here and take insults. Talk to me like you would talk to me IRL, otherwise STFU and keep it moving.

DayZ wasn't the biggest shit in 2012. There was 2M users/downloaders according to BI which could be entirely fake figures. Even if the numbers are legit...thats nothing more than a hint we should make a full game. That piece of shit game Firewatch sold over 1M copies...2-3 hours of shit.

OK then, maybe it's time to move on. Cya in the next life...you're being ignored for the rest of this one.

Wow you really must have issues if you can't even live with the fact that there are people who complain. 

My Insults? You where the one who  used "half-wits" first. So technically its yours. I only reused it. 

When I was refering to "biggest thing that year" it wasn't just sales i was refering to.  But DayZ really got the online survival genre going. And people really where blown away by it. People had never played anything quite like it. That whole thing is why people still want to belive in DayZ but its also why people are feeling let down.

Anyway feels pointless answering a person thats ignoring me like some childish teen.