ThugMuffinMcGuffin

60fps "soap opera effect"

So I know this may sound strange, but I actually really hate the visual effect that you get with 60fps (at least on a TV) it feels much more smooth (much less jittery/disorienting when I look around, even on low sensitivity settings) and enables me to be actually precise, so I would really like it if there could be an option for those of us who have just upgraded to an Xbox One X but don't have a 4K tv to maybe play the game at 30fps!

And as an added bonus, maybe have additional graphical detail since we're playing the game at half the frame rate that it is technically capable of, at only 1080P!

Edited by ThugMuffinMcGuffin
Extra word for emphasis

13 hours ago, ThugMuffinMcGuffin said:

those of us who have just upgraded to an Xbox One X but don't have a 4K tv to maybe play the game at 30fps!

I think the problem might be your TV. If you have PC monitor try that. Because on PC DayZ on 60fps feels just sooo much better and less jittery/disorienting.
Not sure about Xbox ( didn't had a console since the PS2 release ), but have u tried to turn the Vsync on ?

Edited by kichilron
Removed the meme.

I dont have a good pc monitor, but I played about 12 hrs total on the regular xbox one on my TV and it felt great! Smooth and cinematic!

Now it feels a lot like a twitch shooter in many ways... Just runny and all over the place! 

9 hours ago, exacomvm said:

If you cannot add anything of value, then don't. Thank you.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ThugMuffinMcGuffin said:

I dont have a good pc monitor, but I played about 12 hrs total on the regular xbox one on my TV and it felt great! Smooth and cinematic!

Now it feels a lot like a twitch shooter in many ways... Just runny and all over the place! 

30 fps is a little on the high side for me. I prefer 24, and 4:3 aspect ratio @ 1920x1080. You might be able to lock FPS on PC (set refresh=30 in dayz.cfg and turn on vsync, or use external programs) but not on console. I guess more options is always a good thing.

• Thanks 1

I’d much prefer a steady 60fps at 1080p with super sampling.

Higher resolution is nice, though I feel a steady frame rate would create a much more immersive experience.

Edited by Nayte

this article helps articulate what I'm feeling as "the soap opera effect" as everything looks too fast and too runny on games like dayz and BF4  when I want my game to look smooth and cinematic which takes somewhere between 24 and 30 FPS constantly to get right.

https://www.bing.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2214421002

Edit* it's worth mentioning that I do have a 4K TV now but I still have a similar issue with the frame rate seeming to be way too high.

Edited by ThugMuffinMcGuffin

I think the motion blur is part of it. I dont like it. It gives the game a drowsy blurry eye feel.