Sign in to follow this  
Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

Extending Item Despawn & Respawn Timer

Topic: Extend an item from despawning & respawning to a greater value.

Goal: Prevent Loot Farming and Camp Despawning.

Examples:

1. Player picks up item('s), drops the item('s) which despawn and a new item appears x amount if minutes later: I want to change minutes to hours.
  2. Player finds camp, empties contents of storage containers, items despawn: I want items to stay x amount of hours instead of x amount of minutes.
type name="Raincoat_Green">
        <nominal>60</nominal>
        <lifetime>5600</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <min>30</min>
        <quantmin>-1</quantmin>
        <quantmax>-1</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
  • Nominal = amount per server?
  • Lifetime: Once dropped, this is seconds to how it takes before an item respawns?
  • Restock: ?
  • Min: ?

I also read the following and a bit confused:

Source: www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/9hamlp/the_dayz_server_owner_howto_and_faq

"globals.xml"

globals.xml changes the values of certain game variables, such as item despawning (which is distance-based), zombie and animal counts. The variables in the mission files are completely undocumented which means that understanding what each variable does will come down to trial and error.

"types.xml"

types.xml defines the different types of loot, and contains an entry for every single entity in the game. Inside the item configurations are parameters such as "lifetime" (likely used for the item despawning script), min quantity per map, "cost" (not sure what this could be used for), and "flags", which defines whether the item is counted in your cargo, whether it was a crafted item, etc.

Questions

1. What does he mean by distance based? Like you need to be a certain distance away, which I doubt. The mod was distance based, but loot farming in SA isn't?
  2. There is a despawning script?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

19 hours ago, DannyDog said:

Thank you DannyDog.

I set the lifetime of certain items to 24 hours in my init.c, but they despawn after a server restart. Do I need to adjust something somewhere else? Thanks again!

1 hour ago, Aussie Cleetus said:

yes, you need to save and load Dynamic in economy.xml

<dynamic init="1" load="1" respawn="1" save="1"/>

That entry is the same as my economy.xml. I haven't altered it either.

34 minutes ago, Aussie Cleetus said:

Are you using anything that clears your storage_1\Types.bin file? I believe that's where loot from the ground is stored

No, I haven't touched any .bin file yet.