Sign in to follow this  
Dopplerman

A+ game!

Just got smoked by someone like 2-300+ yards away because I was standing dead still due to 1FPS lag spikes. I love when that happens :D. Luckily he only hit me in the chest so I managed to get away, bandage and log out once I got a break from the lag. I wish I could say this was the first time this has happened to me, but I cannot. Maybe a little break till the next update is needed.

This is why I hate when people bitch about lack of content. They need to fix the game mechanics and sort out the FPS lag spikes and such before they even think about adding more content. 

That is all for my rant, feel free to leave your most frustrating DayZ moments in the comments, glitch/lag related or not.

Completely agree with this. I've nearly been killed by zombie hordes because of lag. 

Stability should come first, then content

Lol most people moan about lack of content because 0.62 had ten times more content then the new engine took 6mnths to come and we have bugs and stability issue on console that had existed for over half a year on PC. People are generally just p*ssed off as they know by now that you could give the game a year of stability fixes and next to nothing would change. The games going full release before Xmas on PC in the state it's in now! That tells you all you need to know right there. 

I love the idea of the game but it's nothing like 0.62 or the Dayz mod so it's pretty fair that people would be asking for more. If there gonna go full release with this laggy, buggy mess they may aswell put some content back in if were gonna be zorping about without touching controller or being beat to death by invisible zombies who take no damage, or putting a full clip into someone's head with no hit reg, if rather be playing that god awful experience with some sick clothes and weapons rather than the basic selection we've got now.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

Lol most people moan about lack of content because 0.62 had ten times more content then the new engine took 6mnths to come and we have bugs and stability issue on console that had existed for over half a year on PC. People are generally just p*ssed off as they know by now that you could give the game a year of stability fixes and next to nothing would change. The games going full release before Xmas on PC in the state it's in now! That tells you all you need to know right there. 

I love the idea of the game but it's nothing like 0.62 or the Dayz mod so it's pretty fair that people would be asking for more. If there gonna go full release with this laggy, buggy mess they may aswell put some content back in if were gonna be zorping about without touching controller or being beat to death by invisible zombies who take no damage, or putting a full clip into someone's head with no hit reg, if rather be playing that god awful experience with some sick clothes and weapons rather than the basic selection we've got now.

1. The new engine took over 3-4 years to make, not "6 months" + Even with all these bugs, the game runs, looks and plays faaaaaaaaaaar better than 0.62. 
2. 0.62 didn't have ten times more content than 0.63, switch back to 0.62 and play it for 10 minutes, we'll see who's right.
3. There is a big difference between current stress test (latest public build) and 1.0, which is major and minor bug free, polished and optimized + all the features that's in are WORKING properly in 100%. 
4. Its was, is and will be better than mod. 
5. "if rather be playing that god awful experience with some sick clothes and weapons rather than the basic selection we've got now." once again, current stress test isn't 1.0 or even Beta. And that's the very reason why they aren't adding more guns or helis, cause they wouldn't work properly yet. 
6. "The games going full release before Xmas on PC in the state it's in now! That tells you all you need to know right there. " That's a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig lie, its not nice to lie buddy.
7. "If there gonna go full release with this laggy, buggy mess they may aswell put some content back" I don't see the point of reading what you've said after that, cause that's just ignoring all the things devs have said about 1.0 and beyond :D Get your shit together buddy. ^^ 

Edited by Vernon_Price
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Vernon_Price said:

1. The new engine took over 3-4 years to make, not "6 months" + Even with all these bugs, the game runs, looks and plays faaaaaaaaaaar better than 0.62. 
2. 0.62 didn't have ten times more content than 0.63, switch back to 0.62 and play it for 10 minutes, we'll see who's right.
3. There is a big difference between current stress test (latest public build) and 1.0, which is major and minor bug free, polished and optimized + all the features that's in are WORKING properly in 100%. 
5. "if rather be playing that god awful experience with some sick clothes and weapons rather than the basic selection we've got now." once again, current stress test isn't 1.0 or even Beta. And that's the very reason why they aren't adding more guns or helis, cause they wouldn't work properly yet. 
6. "If there gonna go full release with this laggy, buggy mess they may aswell put some content back" I don't see the point of reading what you've said after that, cause that's just ignoring all the things devs have said about 1.0 and beyond :D Get your shit together buddy. ^^ 

1. Agree with this statement
2. Are you sure about this? I played 0.62 10 times more than 0.63. There is just too little content to keep continuously playing 0.63.
3. They have about 2 months to do this, let's not get ahead of ourselves. There is still a lot of work to be done.
4. It plays and will play better than the mod, that's true. But the mod has much more content, perhaps not than 0.62 but most definitely than 0.63.
5. Current stress test is going to be beta and 1.0 but more polished and bug free, perhaps you need to read the Status Report again, they issued a feature freeze until 1.0.
6. Perhaps we need to ignore all the things the devs said about 1.0 and beyond since 1.0 isn't going to be remotely close to what the developers have told us.

Other than that, the community is asking to not release the game and the developers aren't apparently not listening. The reason why is unknown for some reason. I wonder if a lot of people actually know what the road we're following now means. This means that on 01-01-2019, DayZ will be released (version 1.0) and will leave Early Access at that point. This means that the game is fully released and everyone who buys it or bought it now holds a copy which should be future complete. We all know how that copy is going to look like, it definitely won't be feature complete and a fully released game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vernon_Price said:

6. "The games going full release before Xmas on PC in the state it's in now! That tells you all you need to know right there. " That's a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig lie, its not nice to lie buddy.
7. "If there gonna go full release with this laggy, buggy mess they may aswell put some content back" I don't see the point of reading what you've said after that, cause that's just ignoring all the things devs have said about 1.0 and beyond :D Get your shit together buddy. ^^ 

Only time will tell buddy, let's see if hit reg, dwarfing glitch etc are fixed by 1.0 release.

and guess what ps4 release is slated q2 2019 so yeah PC release is slated for around Xmas 2017 so dunno why you'd call me a liar. I'm not a BI dev whose promised numerous content/update releases that never materialised am I? For over five years.

plus more people play Arma 2/3 dayz mods than SA version so pretty much everything you've said is moronic BS

Edited by TheYetiBum

1 minute ago, TheYetiBum said:

Only time will tell buddy, let's see if hit reg, dwarfing glitch etc are fixed by 1.0 release.

and guess what ps4 release is slated q2 2019 so yeah PC release is slated for around Xmas 2017 so dunno why you'd call me a liar. I'm not a BI dev whose promised numerous content/update releases that never materialised am I? For over five years.

" before Xmas on PC in the state it's in now!" - That's a lie. That what i pointed out. + Where did you get ps4 release date, while there is no info for that? :-) 

2 minutes ago, Vernon_Price said:

" before Xmas on PC in the state it's in now!" - That's a lie. That what i pointed out. + Where did you get ps4 release date, while there is no info for that? :-) 

I work for a playstation affiliated company or did I should say. 100% cash grab, and where exactly would you know that all these bugs and stability issues are working now on some magical internal build for 1.0?  

Edited by TheYetiBum

41 minutes ago, IMT said:

1. Agree with this statement
2. Are you sure about this? I played 0.62 10 times more than 0.63. There is just too little content to keep continuously playing 0.63.
3. They have about 2 months to do this, let's not get ahead of ourselves. There is still a lot of work to be done.
4. It plays and will play better than the mod, that's true. But the mod has much more content, perhaps not than 0.62 but most definitely than 0.63.
5. Current stress test is going to be beta and 1.0 but more polished and bug free, perhaps you need to read the Status Report again, they issued a feature freeze until 1.0.
6. Perhaps we need to ignore all the things the devs said about 1.0 and beyond since 1.0 isn't going to be remotely close to what the developers have told us.

Other than that, the community is asking to not release the game and the developers aren't apparently not listening. The reason why is unknown for some reason. I wonder if a lot of people actually know what the road we're following now means. This means that on 01-01-2019, DayZ will be released (version 1.0) and will leave Early Access at that point. This means that the game is fully released and everyone who buys it or bought it now holds a copy which should be future complete. We all know how that copy is going to look like, it definitely won't be feature complete and a fully released game.

1. Good.
2. Yes, I am sure.
3. A lot of work to be done for sure, but they aren't sleeping in the office, I think they can manage that.
4. Mod's content is mainly Arma 2's content, but edited, and still, works much worse than in DayZ.
5. No, "current stress test isn't going to be Beta and 1.0" - it misses core features such as properly configured vehicles, base building, modding support, launcher ect ect. And ofc polishing. 
6. I still have no idea how not adding not working Helicopters, climbing over obsicles(While w have more than we had in every BI title, but Ylands, which is jump), fractures(I like this feature, but the game won't be hurt much for few weeks or month without it, cause we've got limping.) and few guns would make the game "Remotely close" to what devs have told us.
and 7. You mistake "1.0" definition with a "feature complete" product. 1.0 Stands by a version of a product, that provides all BASIC and CORE features of the game, in playeble, bug free and polished state of it, which 1.0 will. More guns, helis and climbing aren't core features for the game, they are addictional.

5 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

I work for a playstation affiliated company or did I should say. 100% cash grab, and where exactly would you know that all these bugs and stability issues are working now on some magical internal build for 1.0?  

You work for a playstation affiliated company, and by that you share informations that are under NDA? Please kiddo. :D 

3 minutes ago, Vernon_Price said:

1. Good.
2. Yes, I am sure.
3. A lot of work to be done for sure, but they aren't sleeping in the office, I think they can manage that.
4. Mod's content is mainly Arma 2's content, but edited, and still, works much worse than in DayZ.
5. No, "current stress test isn't going to be Beta and 1.0" - it misses core features such as properly configured vehicles, base building, modding support, launcher ect ect. And ofc polishing. 
6. I still have no idea how not adding not working Helicopters, climbing over obsicles(While w have more than we had in every BI title, but Ylands, which is jump), fractures(I like this feature, but the game won't be hurt much for few weeks or month without it, cause we've got limping.) and few guns would make the game "Remotely close" to what devs have told us.
and 7. You mistake "1.0" definition with a "feature complete" product. 1.0 Stands by a version of a product, that provides all BASIC and CORE features of the game, in playeble, bug free and polished state of it, which 1.0 will. More guns, helis and climbing aren't core features for the game, they are addictional.

You couldn't sound more like a dev or BI employee pretending to be a normal poster if you tried lmao, your even surfing the console section at a low poster level when you obviously have PC Knowledge. If I hear fire features used as an excuse I more time lol, a game is a game , if the 1.0 doesn't have everything the mod has it doesn't deserve to be a 1.0 . Plus on console 1.0 means full release to most people, the average consumer is far younger on console and abusing people perceptions by using the terminology 1.0 is pretty gross. But hey go look at the steam rating and player figures , I think you'll find most consumers agree with me by a long long ways.

Edited by TheYetiBum

8 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

You couldn't sound more like a dev or BI employee pretending to be a normal poster if you tried lmao

That's the way i write stuff, and always had, don't see any problem with it, and no - I'm not their employee, you can clearly see that by my profile. I might sound a bit "official" in most things i write down, but that's how I do it, cause I like it :D. + Why are you changing the topic over to me being imaginary employee of theirs? ^^ 

Edited by Vernon_Price

4 minutes ago, Vernon_Price said:

That's the way i write stuff, and always had, don't see any problem with it, and no - I'm not their employee, you can clearly see that by my profile. I might sound a bit "official" in most thing i write down, but that's how I do it, cause I like it :D. + Why are you changing the topic over to me employee of theirs? ^^ 

Lmao at you defending a game that even forum members at over level 3000 are disgusted at ATM.

and as I stated before I no longer work for said company and aren't stupid enough to post under my own name, why would I trust anything on your profile, if you were a BI Employee you hopefully wouldn't be dumb enough to write that in your account info whilst pretending to be a random user. 

Hey I'm glad you love the game in it's current state and feel that it's 1.0 release is fair and ethical business practice, that's great for you.

maybe try using empathy for the overwhelming Amount of people, especially PC users who feel the complete opposite to you. Maybe try reading the status report comments or reading steam reviews. Your opinion is the minority

8 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

And I'm 36 years old so "kiddo" is a little bit short of the mark

You can be even 60 yo, that doesn't change the fact that you behave like a kiddo. :D Your age doesn't make you older and adult "cause of yes", if you really are 36 yo, then behave like one, reply like one, stop creating stupid theories either I am their employee or not (I'm not.) and stop saying lies like "The game will come out in its current state" or "ps4 release if planned for" ect ect. About the community tho, if 90% of human race would start saying that wearing black hats is bad and ugly, would you stop wearing them as well, only cause majority said so? :-) Cmon buddy. 

Quick edit: The same "angry and disgusted" community was whining for 3 days over features that were in (0.63 ) the game already also. ;)

Edited by Vernon_Price

@Vernon_Price Just looked at your previous comments, wow dude, do you live in a cupboard at BI head office? Cos you seem to do a lot of defending & seem to know a lot of internal processes at the studio. 

Weird huh?

you also seem to have the same amount of people skills as the BI team do.

2 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

@Vernon_Price Just looked at your previous comments, wow dude, do you live in a cupboard at BI head office? Cos you seem to do a lot of defending & seem to know a lot of internal processes at the studio. 

Weird huh?

you also seem to have the same amount of people skills as the BI team do.

What the hell are you even about xD? "the same amount of people skills as the BI team do" you what? + I don't have ANY "internal processes at the studio", I just read carefuly EVERY bit of Status reports and their posts, its not hard to understand what they're saying if you really read it. 

Edited by Vernon_Price

9 minutes ago, Vernon_Price said:

You can be even 60 yo, that doesn't change the fact that you behave like a kiddo. :D Your age doesn't make you older and adult "cause of yes", if you really are 36 yo, then behave like one, reply like one, stop creating stupid theories either I am their employee or not (I'm not.) and stop saying lies like "The game will come out in its current state" or "ps4 release if planned for" ect ect. About the community tho, if 90% of human race would start saying that wearing black hats is bad and ugly, would you stop wearing them as well, only cause majority said so? :-) Cmon buddy. 

Love your reasoning or lack of it. A products values is based on it's users need and perception, if a users perception of a products ability to fulfil it's desired function is lower than it's value of necessity then said product falls into obscurity. It's simple supply and demand consolidated with good business practise and sound product development. 

None of which has been applied to SA DayZ.

and bro I'm drunk and give zero F*cks about DayZ but you have personally made my night, I used to sit in meetings all day with studio execs discussing how to hype games pre sale with total disregard for product viability or functionality so please keep having blind faith and keep those dollars rolling in, my replacements will be happy atleast, just a shame the majority of consumers wont be :D

Edited by TheYetiBum

Oh and you've already used the act your age comment before on the forum and it garnered zero high fives then but gg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheYetiBum said:

Love your reasoning or lack of it. A products values is based on it's users need and perception, it's a users perception of a products ability to fulfil it's desired function is lower than it's value of necessity then said product falls into obscurity. It's simple supply and demand consolidated with good business practise and sound product development. 

None of which has been applied to SA DayZ.

and bro I'm drunk and give zero F*cks about DayZ but you have personally made my night, I used to sit in meetings all day with studio execs discussing how to hype games pre sale with total disregard for product viability or functionality so please keep having blind faith and keep those dollars rolling in, my replacements will be happy atleast, just a shame the majority of consumers wont be :D

I have no words for ya' :) 

Everything that BI told us via Twitter ( alot of little things got a answer via twitter ), status reports etc are pretty clear.

They are trying to push everything and tbh, vehicles&base building etc looks nearly done tho. Weapons will get back into the game once more important things get fixed.

Xbox players only get a shotgun before 2019, but thats okay for me, we just got the engine change and they had to rework everything. Its a new game. Everything have to get re-programmed. A bit like DayZ-mod to the old DayZ SA build way back. 

They got the Day&Night cycle working good so far and it was a much requested feature since the release as a GPG.

DayZ runs much smoother now. It looks way better. It become more SA than a Arma based game and thats good, but i like arma tho.

14 hours ago, Dopplerman said:

This is why I hate when people bitch about lack of content. They need to fix the game mechanics and sort out the FPS lag spikes and such before they even think about adding more content.

They should have fixed game mechanics and FPS lag spikes and such years ago. We dont have content we wish we have and we are still in desync, lag zones, bad vehicles and dumb zombies and we are two months away from "release".

• Beans 2

11 hours ago, Vernon_Price said:

if 90% of human race would start saying that wearing black hats is bad and ugly, would you stop wearing them as well, only cause majority said so?

The YetiBum is telling you that if 90% of the human race said wearing black hats is bad and ugly, then a LOT of businesses would STOP SELLING black hats. And the rest would start pinning bright-colored stuff all over the black hats they had left to sell.
And hey! - you only have to look at the Games Market to see that happening - what 90% wants is what 90% gets - and hell, who cares if they change their minds next month as long as you already sold them the game? It's great if they get bored fast, then you can just sell them some other game.  Lowest Common Denominator is what sells units.

I did time in PR too (digital for 01Eh years)  - if BI wanted to SELL DayZ the "real game" they should start putting out ads saying :
          MOST OF YOU WONT LIKE THIS GAME

question is - Is that a line that would work on Xbox & Playstation game buyers ?

Edited by pilgrim*
"0.62" will be 1.0 as soon as it is lined up to run smooth on Xbox
  • Beans 2

12 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

If I hear fire features used as an excuse I more time lol, a game is a game , if the 1.0 doesn't have everything the mod has it doesn't deserve to be a 1.0 . Plus on console 1.0 means full release to most people, the average consumer is far younger on console and abusing people perceptions by using the terminology 1.0 is pretty gross. But hey go look at the steam rating and player figures , I think you'll find most consumers agree with me by a long long ways.

1.0  ...   3.0  3.1   all numbers  and we stay at 10.

yes you know these numbers, it's the versions of Windows. 3.1 was the first that worked reasonably well .... actually only the odd version numbers were good .... and we pay again and again .. so that the service (1,2,3) pack later free.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this