IMT

DayZ and its future

7 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

(remember that Helos in Arma 3 came with a separate - and paid - DLC)

I sure hope that if this is the case with any of the post 1.0 content that we have already seen in past iterations of DayZ SA, that they will issue waivers for paid DLC to all players who bought-in before 1.0 and logged at least 500 hours and submitted 5 bug reports within that time frame

Lmao. Guy makes mod called DayZ, people play mod to death, love it & it's features.

guy decides to make SA version of Mod as people seem to really really like those features, it takes a long time. It's takes even longer. It takes so long apparently most of those features and mechanics aren't actually features anymore.....there flavours now like strawberry and vanilla.

Even the content, mechanics & features from previous iterations of SA become flavours also. 

Eventually even the players that started as features become flavours, heck they even just dissapear.

• Beans 1

12 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I sure hope that if this is the case with any of the post 1.0 content that we have already seen in past iterations of DayZ SA, that they will issue waivers for paid DLC to all players who bought-in before 1.0 and logged at least 500 hours and submitted 5 bug reports within that time frame

just to clearyfy...Arma3 basic game came with 7 helicopters...helicopter dlc added 2 more the Huron and the Taru ( in different versions) ...they also added the advanced flightmodel, firing from vehicles and sling loading as a free platform update with this dlc !!

• Beans 4

Well 1.0 is going to arrive in the next 2 months regardless of what we say which is going to be a big shame.  It's as if the game is going back to day 1 and instead of being called early access it is now being called Beta and maybe in the next 5 years we will be back to a sort of .62 game.  By the way the devs should be taking note.  The stress test servers are empty and they were usually full with players testing.  Oh well it's going to be milk and honey for me on all thoughs empty servers way hay lol.   By the way IMT I do totally agree with you. 

• Beans 1

On 28.10.2018 at 9:50 PM, Fing said:

Well 1.0 is going to arrive in the next 2 months regardless of what we say which is going to be a big shame.

And if that happens. It will be probably the first time when some major date set by the devs is going to hold.

So i wouldn't hold my breath just yet.

• Like 1

I agree with OP pretty much

0.63 has some great changes, better performance, soon vehicles (2 cars) stamina, modding, a great radio system

but the dayz gameplay loop, talking Vanilla DayZ, was NOT about fort or base building, it was about being the most powerfull clan on the server, and how did you get that? through the Huey

the only one Huey on the map, air supremacy, made each and every base (tent cities) accessible and easily viewable from the air, people could be spotted very easily, and along with GPS you could relay the position of people to your guys, for example in a car convoy

the Helicopter was the ultimate end game goal, at least for me and my clan at that time, and i loved being the pilot

don't get me wrong, 0.63 is great, but it is far away from a complete gameplay loop (no huey, no high end sniper rifles, no GPS/NVG), or a survival game (no sickness, temperature, weather effects, NOT EVEN UNCONCIOUSNESS and a terrible workaround for the gamma exploit, leaving many people seeing nothing at day OR night), or anything resembling some game where you even remotely WANT to build a base

why build a base? you'd have to cart everything from the mil bases, which are crazy full of weapons and ammo and gear, to your base, which would only make sense to put near the spawn points, because why have a base anywhere else?

if it takes longer to run to your base from spawn than to run to any milbase, bases are useless, and without any form of access control to your base (doors with keys, access codes or similar) bases near the coast would be raided all the time

calling this thing having a "complete gameplay loop" is a joke, sorry, but this feature set would barely resemble a complete feature loop for anything but a battle royal game: "Gear up and kill until you get killed"

it would be no problem if you guys just went ahead with "No beta this year gus, but we will release a 0.63 stable with vehicles and tents and work on getting the Huey and all the survival elements back into the game for 0.64"

but no, you guys insist on calling this a complete gameplay loop and spit in the face of everyone ever defending you guys wanting to finish the core features before going into a beta stage

Edited by ZomboWTF

I understand the entire point that using the 1.0 Label on this barebones version is a massively wasted opportunity to plant a new impression. For me personally however I was thinking, well, they will continue developing the game as they said. But here's the issue. What Eugen Harton said in the Status report "6 November 2018"(https://dayz.com/article/status-report/status-report-6-november-2018) has me very worried:

"[...]we have to start working with deadlines properly and be prepared to prioritize. We could have spent years polishing and adding to what DayZ is, but to do so, we need to start planning better and that requires a platform where estimations on complexity can be relied upon."

"[...]that is what deadlines do. They make you think twice about what is really important.""

He explains that the deadlines and the tight timetable have helped to prioritize and to get these things done. And I am absolutely convinced and have seen, that this has been the case. But here is the question: Where do the deadlines come from after 1.0? Where will the pressure come from that appears to be so clearly needed. The type of pressure they have put onto themselves by announcing 1.0 for 2018. Unless the people with the money and the power at Bohemia Interactive are willing to hold this level of pressure and set demanding deadlines, I'm endlessly worried DayZ will return to it's old pacing of updates AT BEST!

What is with all the doom and gloom posts?  This is getting tiresome and is completely absurd to think that the future of DayZ stops at 1.0.  Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

Nobody here is saying the future of DayZ stops at 1.0.  Nobody.

What I am seeing a lot of is people who see 1.0 as the beginning of the new DayZ we have all been waiting for.  And as it stands, the new version does not have feature pairty with previous versions.

Yes, everybody begrudgingly accepts the new status quo of games "shipping" full of bugs, only to be infinitely patched throughout the lifetime of the game.
(Hey. Remember the 90's, when they actually shipped physical copies, and couldn't rely on the internet to disseminate patches for gamebreaking bugs? They had to have a working finished product before they released the game to the market, because it would be REEEEEEAAAALLLLYYYY expensive to have to fix things after the fact.)

What the above post was concerned about, is the level of internal pressure to add the missing features, fix the bugs, and add even more batches of even more still missing features as time goes on past the official release date of the 1.0 version. I have faith in Bohemia's commitment, but it is a legitimate concern.

I mean, they just announced the official release date, and we can't keep a base around long enough to even know if there are issues with persistence itself; because crashes (and even some regular scheduled server restarts--spooky, right?) are causing stored items to be deleted.
Does that sink in?  The first iteration of the new basebuilding systems cannot even be properly tested as of one week before the scheduled release, because servers are crashing and randomly deleting items from the persistence files.

They are going to turn the game loose on new players and media journalists to play and review, by advertising it as finished.  Yet just last week, I died after leaving Tisy with ALL THE LOOT, because I got stuck in the hinges of a door and was beaten to death through the wall by zombies, because I couldn't move.
That is a gamebreaking bug.  And it's not the only one.  Have you hobbled a zombie yet, and had them crawl?  Have you noticed how you can't hit them if they are on the threshold to some buildings, like those little towers with the ladder to nowhere.  Certain death by means of poor game mechanics.

Not ready for primetime, yet being labeled and marketed as such.  Sure, they left out more than half of the guns and vehicles for post-release content.  Who cares?
I'm more concerned with new players and professional game reviewers losing progress due to broken game mechanics such as bermuda triangle doors, and randomly deleted persistence files...  #feelsbadman

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 1
  • Beans 2

On 10/26/2018 at 9:19 PM, emuthreat said:

We had that with arma when i bought it, all future content included with alpha. When you mention it you where deleted. Sadly nobody could say much in defense.

12 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

What is with all the doom and gloom posts?  This is getting tiresome and is completely absurd to think that the future of DayZ stops at 1.0.  Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

Its a cross between arma and what people observe. You cant fault anyone, ppl see what they see and read in between the lines.

On 12/8/2018 at 3:10 AM, Guy Smiley said:

if 1.0 is disappointing then the game will stay dead, no matter how many bug fixes and content the devs add in the next patches

Edited by Saylor Twift