IMT

DayZ and its future

So I guess we all read the recent Status Report and the huge deal which came with it. I know I already made a long post but I wanted to make another, separate post and think it's important that this one is separate. I wanted to talk about DayZ and the future of DayZ. Now first of all, I think you all should read the long Twitter post from TheRunningManz: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqmql6?new_post=true I think we can all agree with what he wrote. I'm going to use some references from the post in my post.

Now I'm making this post to get the support from the community but also to change the mind of the developers/Bohemia. As we all know, DayZ has been in development for a long time. The game had a lot of hate during the course of the development process. But over time, these people left and gave up, which left us with the people who love DayZ and believe in the game and its concept. Now, because of the recent Status Report, the hardcore supporters feel cheated, and rightfully so. They went with the Early Access road to include the community in the development process and I think that now more than ever, it's time to start listening to the community because it will be crucial for DayZ and the future of DayZ.

Let's see where this huge deal came from with the recent Status Report, for that we need to go back in time. Some of you might know me, some of you don't. I have been a member of the forums for quite a while now, signed up on the 10th of April 2015 and around that time I started playing DayZ, the 26th of March 2015, to be exact. I have played approximately 2500 hours now so you could say I'm a DayZ veteran and I loved the game and still do. I have always followed the development and even though I didn't play every single build (I don't think there is anyone out there who did), I played every patch. I followed the development closely by participating on the forums and reading the Status Reports plus see the progress in-game for myself. DayZ was sold to me as a gritty survival game and to this day, I'm still here waiting for that because the developers always said they wouldn't stray from the concept. They always said that vanilla DayZ would be the same thing as the Steam store says, a gritty survival game. I remember what the original goal for DayZ 1.0 was, stated by the developers. DayZ 1.0 would see the new engine and the features built on it, the game would be at least on par with 0.62.

Now, with the recent Status Report we all read that 1.0 is in fact not going to be on par with 0.62. In fact, a lot of the features of 0.62 are going to be implemented after DayZ hits 1.0. DayZ 1.0 means that the core of what DayZ should represent, is represented in-game. Unfortunately, this is not going to be the case since a lot of features is going to be missing which would represent the core of the game. A lot of features which are going to be left out, mentioned in the Status Report as "flavor features", should in fact be represented in the core of DayZ, in 1.0. The most mentioned feature and the one which we can all agree to is for example bows, but there are so many more features, too many to not include them. Not only are a lot of features not going to make 1.0, I have a hard time to figure out which features will actually be in DayZ 1.0. There are a lot of features mentioned but a lot are left out. RaptorM60 touched a few features which I mentioned which are going to be in 1.0 like binoculars, rangefinders, ghillie, etc. These are currently not in-game and a lot of features are not mentioned in the Status Report. So we are left with a big blank space what 1.0 is going to be like, even though you guys tried your best to explain it. Are we going to see a lot of features coming in the 2 months? It seems a lot of work to get all of these things right and out before 2019. I hope we start seeing a lot of things and features soon because it is looking very grim right now.

For DayZ 1.0 the core gameloop of DayZ was the most important aspect. The core gameloop for DayZ is about longetivity. In TheRunningManz's twitter post he mentions that the current gameloop isn't about that at all and I agree with that, 100 %. We're going to get base building and we have tents and storage, etc. back. That is nice and all but what is the purpose? There are only a fraction of items currently in the game which used to be in 0.62, so how can we have longetivity without only a fraction of items? This goes for a lot of types like weapons, clothing and a lot of other items. Another thing he mentioned is that civilian loot doesn't even have any purpose anymore, it's all about the military bases and it's true. Everyone runs with the AKM or M4A1 since that surpasses all the other weapons, which are even a few. It surpasses the civilian clothing, food, you name it. Yes, even food. There is enough tactical bacon to practically ignore your hunger. There are enough weapons and ammo to equip entire armies. All this while finding an actual gun or ammo in any of the civilian locations are harder to find than in any military location. If you go to any moderate size military location you will find your endgear fairly quick and plenty of it. How will the core gameplay be about longetivity if you can get the endgame in one swoop? Not only there is an inbalance in the core gameloop but there are just too few items in right now. And I also agree with TheRunningManz that there are too little weapons, I'm talking about guns as well as melee weapons.

I haven't even mentioned a lot of features which got called "flavor features", which in fact, add a lot to that core gameloop. Things like fishing, nurturing your character, actual survival elements, hunting for meat and leather, horticulture, traps, crafting, etc. I used to love to play 0.62 because there was a lot of shit to do. One day I would go fishing, the other day I would be hunting cows so I can fill an entire military tent of meat, hell, cooking the meat was an entire feature for me because sometimes I would sit about an hour to just cook the meat. Scavenging the different locations in Chernarus for the plentiful of items it had and this included every item type from weapons to even what people would call useless items. Perhaps I would go hunting for leather to make some leather clothes or make a nice garden to get some vegetables. A lot of the things I mention above here are in my eyes not going to be in the game, at least that is what I make up out of the Status Report. If I'm and everyone else are wrong about this, we would like to see some results asap. At least then we can get a better view of what 1.0 is actually going to be. And even though a lot of things which were in 0.62 are not going to be in 1.0, I still think they should be in there. There should be at least be full parity between 0.62 and 1.0 before you guys are going to release DayZ.

Which brings me to the actual point why I wrote this post. I urge you guys to NOT release DayZ before you reach this full parity. Do not give the community a dumbed down version of what was promised, it will be your downfall and I will tell you why. When 0.63 was around the corner, everyone agreed and even you guys yourself said it as well. 0.63 and the upcoming content which would lead to beta and eventually 1.0 are going to be crucial for the future of DayZ. As TheRunningManz also mentioned in his post, a lot of people came back with 0.63 and the content updates and were actually pleasantly surprised about what you guys they achieved. All the roadbumps of the development process started to blow away but it wasn't enough. Everyone agreed that if they could pull off all things which were in DayZ and a lot of features which have been discussed and mentioned in the pass, DayZ might see an huge comeback.

Should you guys release DayZ in the state you described in the Status Report, that opportunity will be lost and it will this time be lost forever. Everyone is waiting and counting on you guys to release DayZ 1.0 with the actual features and things promised and not a dumbed down version of that. Not only are those people going to stay away from the game, it will push away the ones who have been there all the time, the people who had your back during the process. I don't know where all of this sudden rush to release the game comes from but the general consensus is that it comes from higher up and the publisher, not the developers. If so, convince them to not release DayZ in this state, convince them to postpone it. Yes, you guys will shoot yourself in the foot but you will shoot yourself in the foot with a .22 instead of a .308. 2018 was going to be year of DayZ, let's not stop there let's make 2018, 2019 and even further the years of DayZ.

To even back my statement up that releasing DayZ at the end of 2018 is going to be a disaster, I have a perfect example. Recently a game called Post Scriptum, which is a realistic WW2 simulation game around Operation Market Garden released their game. However, the game was incomplete, it was not optimized and a lot of features were missing and there were some nasty bugs. Still, it is a great game but it tainted the game as well. Not sure why they pushed the release but everyone warned them and they got an huge backlash from it. They offered a refund period and I believe a lot of people used that opportunity to refund the game. They still are releasing regular content, bug fixes and what not, I guess they didn't want to go to Early Access or something. The point is, they got an huge backlash but they were forgiven by the hardcore fanbase because the game is fairly new. This is not going to be the case for DayZ since you guys already are on the edge because of mistakes in the past. Don't push yourself over that edge, it will be your downfall, it will damage the reputation of not only the game but Bohemia as well.

Again, I urge you guys to NOT release DayZ in 2018, postpone the beta and 1.0 rather than ("flavor") features to avoid a catastrophe at launch. 1.0 is the key to showing all the people who hated the game in the past that they were wrong. Don't mess that up, don't miss that chance. Do the right thing and listen to the community, now more than ever!

I know it is a long post but this had to be thrown out there. I love the game and don't want to see it fail. We don't mind waiting a while, we just want a survival game done right and you guys have the opportunity to do that, take that opportunity!

Edit: if you think I missed something or didn't touch a subject, feel free to leave a comment.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 7
  • Beans 4

Everything has been said and i agree with all of it. Let's just hope it will be taken in consideration by the right persons.

I've been worried ever since I saw the design of the new UI

It looked way too console style or something.

Unfortunately, I believe there is no chance they will take back any of what they said and they will insist on calling the most recent concept 1.0.

Post 1.0 content and modding is all I have left to hope for.

Parity with .62? What a joke.

Would we have been better off trying to finish this thing with the old engine? Who knows...

Somehow this project was mishandled in many ways.

Have they had a lot of turn over by hiring interns, or cheaper employees with less expertise?

Could they have hired a smaller team with better expertise to stick out the whole process?

Did DayZ dollars get funneled into ARMA, Ylands, Vigor?

How much funding/resources were wasted on models that may not be used?

They are going to slap the 1.0 label on whatever the best working build is on 1/1/19, and that seems final.

Good job guys, you upset IMT.  First you take away his wire traps, and now this?!?

What's next, are you gonna release a version of DayZ that doesn't even include throwing mechanics or a bow and arrow and call it 1.0?  Oh wait...

Now I'm sad.

• Sad 1
  • Beans 3

Ghehe, you caught me it was the wire trap, if they were in, you wouldn't hear a beat out of me. On a serious note though, I understand why they pulled out a lot of items. They needed to be compatible with the engine. But I'm sure I'm not the only one on this but I'm actually here waiting for 1.0. I'm not going to bitch and moan or leave a bad review on Steam before the game hits 1.0. It's all about that 1.0, that's when the game releases and I'm going to judge the game on that. And it seems that 1.0 isn't going to be what they said it would be, so yes, I'm starting to out my frustration about that.

Most of us here don't care if it is going to take another year or maybe even 2 years to get the game how they sold it to us. All we want is a good end product (1.0) with everything they promised, no matter how long it takes. And now it seems we're not getting that and I'm and the rest of the community are trying to change their mind.

It's however completely up to them if they are going to listen or not. But everyone in the community agrees that it's in their best interest to listen. No matter what the reason is of the release of this partial 1.0, it's going to backfire anyway. I'd rather see them man up, take the damage with dignity and move forward instead of pressing the matter and pissing literally everyone off.

So there is no "well everything is eventually going to be in the game", it is all about the 1.0. If 1.0 is bad, the people who left the game and are waiting for 1.0 and the people who are still here waiting for 1.0 are going to be pissed off and rightfully so. It will be damage which can not be undone and they're not going to get another chance after that. It's up to them if they mess up the release but it will have consequences, that I do know.

• Beans 1

All this you wrote is true. This relesed version will be so dumbed down I think my 5 year old doughter could play it. You never mentioned zombies/infected. Werent they supose to play bigger role in DayZ? Sneaking, evading them for first half hour or so. Being traped in house with 7-8 of them out screming.... Crafting... meh. You get planks direct from tree. WTF?? Is this Fortnite?? Vehicles? All same model and colour. Weapons? If at least there are different versions of AK and M4 - nope. Basebuilding? Looks like no efort there, Origins mod had 10 times more options three years ago (houses, fences, towers, building wall only with escavator!!!) 

OK, lets say we get bug-free game this year. Then what? We wait for six onths untill one new vehicle and two new rifles?

We have been trough that too many times. 

• Beans 2

Are we concerned for any new players or for ourselves?

If it is for us, I'm fine with calling 1.0 for what it really is - build 0.64 - and calling it a day. It's just a name. I've never expected the final build in this year and judging from the description, I was right to be cautious. All I can hope for now is that build 1.38, released in December 2019, will contain what I wanted from actual 1.0.

Yes, I felt kinda insulted but calling my favourite parts of the game "flavour", especially the bow. I've had a long-time suspicion that the survivalist aspects of the game are lower on the list of priorities than declared, and now it's been confirmed. I expected 1.0 to have fully-fledged crucial survival elements in, including the medical system, tracking animals by blood stains, complex cooking recipes... When I think about it right now, that last one is my red line, like wire traps for @IMT. I don't expect an exhaustive list of cooking recipes in 1.0, but making tea or cooking rice and mushroom soup would be a minimum. Instead, we bid farewell to the fish... It's obvious that their 1.0 is not our 1.0. The question is - what does it matter to us, people who frequented this forum all this time?

• Like 1
  • Beans 3

I think running for three hours, searching houses, not finding anything, most importantly not having any interactions, collecting weapons in empty server and then ghosting out, only playing in warm sunshine is a dumbed down version of DayZ, basically past few years. 

Now it is more than likely to change. The importance of interactions is unquestionable, if interactions are happening in 1.0, game runs well, and everything is adjustable forproper gameplay. Then all additional content and features are just a bonus details which will just make it better soon after. 

27 minutes ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Are we concerned for any new players or for ourselves?

If it is for us, I'm fine with calling 1.0 for what it really is - build 0.64 - and calling it a day. It's just a name. I've never expected the final build in this year and judging from the description, I was right to be cautious. All I can hope for now is that build 1.38, released in December 2019, will contain what I wanted from actual 1.0.

Yes, I felt kinda insulted but calling my favourite parts of the game "flavour", especially the bow. I've had a long-time suspicion that the survivalist aspects of the game are lower on the list of priorities than declared, and now it's been confirmed. I expected 1.0 to have fully-fledged crucial survival elements in, including the medical system, tracking animals by blood stains, complex cooking recipes... When I think about it right now, that last one is my red line, like wire traps for @IMT. I don't expect an exhaustive list of cooking recipes in 1.0, but making tea or cooking rice and mushroom soup would be a minimum. Instead, we bid farewell to the fish... It's obvious that their 1.0 is not our 1.0. The question is - what does it matter to us, people who frequented this forum all this time?

I'm concerned for both, to be honest. Everyone mentioned and agreed that 1.0 is going to be an important milestone, it is the milestone where a lot of potential players might come back to play the game and even new players. Especially after the positive reactions after 0.63 hit Stress Test first, a lot of people who don't play DayZ anymore said that they would return if the game gets more complete, in other words 1.0.

For myself, 0.62 including base building, vehicles, some balancing and tweaks would be 1.0 for me. The current state of the game isn't 1.0 for me, to be honest. Yes, the new character controller, optimization, improved graphics and map, base building, etc. is great and awesome. But the game lacks a lot of features right now which 0.62 had which actually kept me playing. Right now there is no incentive to play the game over a long period of time, simply because it's stale, unbalanced, lacks content and gets boring very fast. In 0.62 I could play DayZ everyday for multiple hours for a long period of time and not get bored. Now after even a few days to a week playing the current build, I'm already bored and done because there is literally nothing to do.

But the cutting of features initially didn't matter for me because for me it was about 1.0. It would be the game completed with most of the promised features, but most importantly parity with 0.62 but on the new tech. Time wasn't an issue for me nor was it for a lot of people, the end result (1.0) was the most important thing. So to me, a long time supporter it matters a lot. 1.0 is the version of DayZ where I'm going to evaluate whether the game is a success or not, at least based on the things promised. As BioHaze always says, 1.0 might not be something I like but modding will fix that. It is the exact same for me but in order to see if 1.0 is the game I wanted, we need to have all the features promised (with some exceptions like companions, etc.). I was ok with some features getting postponed after 1.0, but not this, not the long list of items and features which are going to be missing right now.

41 minutes ago, Mantasisg said:

I think running for three hours, searching houses, not finding anything, most importantly not having any interactions, collecting weapons in empty server and then ghosting out, only playing in warm sunshine is a dumbed down version of DayZ, basically past few years. 

Now it is more than likely to change. The importance of interactions is unquestionable, if interactions are happening in 1.0, game runs well, and everything is adjustable forproper gameplay. Then all additional content and features are just a bonus details which will just make it better soon after. 

And there will be great mods for that, like epoch was there for the mod. But oh yes, I can see the interactions in front of me right now, trading with people with the unimaginable amount of items we have right now, fishing with someone together, hunting with someone to get some leather for leather clothes, trading the shit ton amount of weapons in the game, placing a trap, shooting someone or something with my bow. Oh yes, it will be glorious! Oh wait... Nevermind... I think I can clearly see how the interactions are going to be, just how they have been all this time in 0.63. "I got my M4A1 fully decked out, I got 500 rounds of ammo, a shit ton of food and water, nothing to worry about... fuck it, I'll kill him. Nothing else to do anyway".

• Beans 1

I do not want to be the guy to stomp dreams, but just to clarify some misconceptions around here:

We know every single one of you has their favourite feature or piece of content out there. But just because you like something, it does not automatically become a core gameplay element.

15 hours ago, IMT said:

I haven't even mentioned a lot of features which got called "flavor features", which in fact, add a lot to that core gameloop.

And that's exactly why it is called flavour, because it is not part of the core gameplay loop, but only adds to it. I don't want to go into discussions about every single piece of content, but for example the bow is essentially just one weapon and fishing is essentially just one way to get food, no matter how relaxing, atmospheric or fitting to the setting they are (and we on the team love them as well).

3 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

complex cooking recipes... When I think about it right now, that last one is my red line

I'm not aware that something like "complex cooking recipes" was mentioned in any way by us as a planned feature for 1.0. Could you please point me a link to where we talked about that? It was definitely not part of our content and feature list published a year ago.

2 hours ago, IMT said:

The current state of the game isn't 1.0 for me, to be honest. Yes, the new character controller, optimization, improved graphics and map, base building, etc. is great and awesome. But the game lacks a lot of features right now which 0.62 had which actually kept me playing.

This might be because you are still playing on the Experimental or Stress Test branch without a persistent gameplay loop such as vehicles and base building. BETA is already judged as not sufficient by many, even though nobody is able to play it yet.

Edited by ImpulZ
  • Beans 1

10 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

I'm not aware that something like "complex cooking recipes" was mentioned in any way by us as a planned feature for 1.0. Could you please point me a link to where we talked about that? It was definitely not part of our content and feature list published a year ago.

Well, you're right about that. The thing is, we all have an image of the future (not to say "perfect") DayZ in our heads. For me, crafting is one of the most essential and satisfying elements here. There were no expectations falsely set up here, I just considered it a given that one day, I'll be able to put various harvest in one cooking pot. And I clearly see that it's a long road here, so no screaming 'where's X!' from me.

I'm gonna miss the bow, though. ;)

• Beans 1

30 minutes ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

The thing is, we all have an image of the future (not to say "perfect") DayZ in our heads.

This is only normal, especially after years of development and our very open communication about the hopeful future and glimpses at everything in our pipeline.

Sadly, with everyone having their image of the future (and I think many have been projecting this future at 1.0), this is the time where reality comes back to bite all of us. It is normal in development, that there's always more planned. We dream big as well. In early access development (and especially under our circumstances of long times between updates while trying to keep communication going) we have shared those dreams with our community, as you have shared your dreams for the game with us. This leads eventually to days like last Tuesday when we have to clarify what's realistic and what will have to stay a dream to work on post 1.0.

30 minutes ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

So do we, and we still intend to deliver it. Remember, post 1.0 development begins in just shortly over 2 months from now.

Edited by ImpulZ
  • Beans 1

'To late, too late will be the cry; when the man with the bargains passes by' ; 1.0 is the ONLY chance you have to regain gamers confidence and you appear to be short-changing them with so many missing features.

P.s. long-time lurker, not really a forum poster type but the misjudgement of this call has made me make a account .

Edited by Bob.E.Dazzler
addendum
  • Beans 3

2 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Well, you're right about that. The thing is, we all have an image of the future (not to say "perfect") DayZ in our heads. For me, crafting is one of the most essential and satisfying elements here. There were no expectations falsely set up here, I just considered it a given that one day, I'll be able to put various harvest in one cooking pot. And I clearly see that it's a long road here, so no screaming 'where's X!' from me.

Just to make it even more complicated, you'll be hard pressed to find 2 people that have the exact same "Perfect DayZ" :)
I'd still love to get some eggs from those chicken coops and cook em up with some boar bacon :)

• Beans 2

Here I hoped to get a 1.0 that has all the old content + player controller + new stuff this year. No problem, I wait till next year.

3 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

I do not want to be the guy to stomp dreams, but just to clarify some misconceptions around here:

We know every single one of you has their favourite feature or piece of content out there. But just because you like something, it does not automatically become a core gameplay element.

And that's exactly why it is called flavour, because it is not part of the core gameplay loop, but only adds to it. I don't want to go into discussions about every single piece of content, but for example the bow is essentially just one weapon and fishing is essentially just one way to get food, no matter how relaxing, atmospheric or fitting to the setting they are (and we on the team love them as well).

This might be because you are still playing on the Experimental or Stress Test branch without a persistent gameplay loop such as vehicles and base building. BETA is already judged as not sufficient by many, even though nobody is able to play it yet.

So this is the developers' vision of DayZ then right? A fully released game with barely any survival elements. You guys sworn that you were NOT going to stray from the original concept of an hard an gritty survival game. What a shame!

The core gameplay loop is a survival game and things like fishing, bows, etc. are big survival elements. How can you deliberately keep them out?

• Beans 2

3 hours ago, IMT said:

The core gameplay loop is a survival game and things like fishing, bows, etc. are big survival elements. How can you deliberately keep them out?

I wouldn't say that they are deliberately putting them out. It's more like that these elements simply refuse to get in :D

Maybe there will be enough of survival anyway, you'll still get hungry, still going to be bitten by zombie or wolf. You'll still get shot by someone which will attack you, or will successfully defend from your attack. I'd say "passive" survival coming after that is logical.

• Beans 1

And don't forget: It's been awhile since we've dealt with harsh weather. I wish they'd add some of that this winter again.

• Beans 1

Well, I read his blog and it's sad to say that when someone makes such a long winded post and complains about "guns" they've clearly missed the mark of what DayZ was.  Seriously, huge wall of text and guns??  Ya, he did mention a little bit about having to mend broken limbs and what not but holy jumpin jehosaphat batman, fricking guns is all he's worried about?  Guns will bring people back, scopes will bring people back.  No, gameplay will bring  people back.  I do agree with him about the 1.0 release and what it entails.  Almost 5 years and we get basically zilch at 1.0.  Unbelievable.  Maybe they're busy working on a cash shop to be bothered to add the core features that should be in.

Good post IMT, Very well thought out.

We all have issues with Dayz, but yours clearly sees what others have tried to express a concern over.

Otherwise

Core game, with nothing in it. That's a huge problem with me too. Its almost as bad as introducing vehicles, and taking them out and reintroducing vehicles that have no battery to start them.

Just saying much of what IMT says is clearly a good case for review, but good luck changing the so called timeline we never see.

On 25/10/2018 at 5:52 PM, Gobbokirk said:

Just to make it even more complicated, you'll be hard pressed to find 2 people that have the exact same "Perfect DayZ" :)
I'd still love to get some eggs from those chicken coops and cook em up with some boar bacon :)

I was thinking about your answer and while it's technically true, I believe the discrepancies among various 'perfections' and betwen them and the reality is not what is at stake here. Simply put, scrambled eggs or not, SKS or not, the version proposed in the latest SR is not what any DayZ player would consider 'final'. I can agree that i.e. the list of vehicles may be not exhaustive and in fact may remain ever-expanding (remember that Helos in Arma 3 came with a separate - and paid - DLC). But many features cut on the floor would be expected by almost everyone to find their way into 1.0, let's say a year ago. So this is not all about your favourite fishing/bows/bikes/whatever, but about the status of the given version on the timeline. Not 'finished' of course, but a product which you can call a 'game' and no longer handwave any problems with 'shouldn't've bought EA, suckers'.

I don't share the current vitriol towards the dev team, but mainly because I don't even consider that upcoming version as 1.0. It's just 0.64 wrapped up in Christmas paper, nothing more and nothing less. Can't wait for future builds in 2019!

• Beans 1

17 minutes ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

I was thinking about your answer and while it's technically true, I believe the discrepancies among various 'perfections' and betwen them and the reality is not what is at stake here. Simply put, scrambled eggs or not, SKS or not, the version proposed in the latest SR is not what any DayZ player would consider 'final'. I can agree that i.e. the list of vehicles may be not exhaustive and in fact may remain ever-expanding (remember that Helos in Arma 3 came with a separate - and paid - DLC). But many features cut on the floor would be expected by almost everyone to find their way into 1.0, let's say a year ago. So this is not all about your favourite fishing/bows/bikes/whatever, but about the status of the given version on the timeline. Not 'finished' of course, but a product which you can call a 'game' and no longer handwave any problems with 'shouldn't've bought EA, suckers'.

I don't share the current vitriol towards the dev team, but mainly because I don't even consider that upcoming version as 1.0. It's just 0.64 wrapped up in Christmas paper, nothing more and nothing less. Can't wait for future builds in 2019!

There will be some more waiting yeah.
Thinking of the whole thing as A3 is kinda comforting though, cause that ended up as one heck of a game even if bare bones at launch.
Don't think I even tried it the first 6-8months after release, but its a never ending source of gameplay now.