THYERS

Night time

It is very, very dark, but my 7 year old 32" Led handles it ok. Make sure your back light is up and there are zero reflections from your room, I have to play with lights off at night but can see a fair bit

8 hours ago, bent.toe said:

5 hours?! Holy crap!

Is it real time 24h? Because that could be a tad too much...playing 5 hours at night...i would probably switch server after 2-3 hours tops.

Currently we have a 3x time acceleration. Because it's winter the days are probably already shorter than nights (yeah, we have an authentic day and night cycle), it's between 4,5 and 5 hours night and 3 to 3.5 hours of day, 8 hours for an entire day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

Currently we have a 3x time acceleration. Because it's winter the days are probably already shorter than nights (yeah, we have an authentic day and night cycle), it's between 4,5 and 5 hours night and 3 to 3.5 hours of day, 8 hours for an entire day.

So if i would play 8 hours straight i would play 24h cycle in Dayz? (8*3)

And more night playtime than day playtime could be discouraging for a lot of players. Especially since we don't have nightvision, flashlights drain batteries, crafting torches takes time and equipment.

But i dig it a lot.

On 10/25/2018 at 6:20 PM, ImpulZ said:

Is this the reason for the non-stop rain?

In the last couple of days I played on the same server and did not have a single dry moment.

Having rain is great, but the sound of it is too loud, it never changes due to winds, it rains in the same pace for hours, no thunders or lightnings.

I had to quit the game because the sound started to get on my nerves, it's just static noise after a while.

Also, i'd like to have more encounter with wolves and boars and any wild predator at night, should we expect any changes in the future to make nights more challenging?