THYERS

Night time

Not sure if this is an issue for anyone else.......but I can't see sh*t in the dark, litterally nothing.  Its like waking around with 10% vision, I have tried adjusting my ASUS ROG Swift monitor settings but it makes no difference.  Even with a flashlight it improves my view by about 5cm.  The game is boarderline unplayable for me like this.

See it here now www.twitch.tv/thyer5

By the way I've increased the gamma, brightness and contrast for the stream

Edited by THYERS

It's night. There are no streetlights...... what did you expect? It's supposed to be a new challenge

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah but I can't see a metre in front of me even with a torch.  What's the challenge? See how long you can walk without being able to see anything before you get bored?
Crafting a torch with a stick and rags helps a little but I didn't buy a game to not be able to see it.

Edited by THYERS
Gramma correction
  • Like 1

Yep this is why I've been tellin people to stop asking for night time until the new torch and flashlights are implemented as ATM they offer little to no illumination. Unless your on PC and can back your gamma up stupidly high ( which there gonna stop making possible eventually by underlaying an image to stop gamma abuse so it'll be impossible grainy to see) . But until the new ambient light sources in cities are added , night time is a death zone essentially 

• Like 1

I've had to turn it off, it's unplayable.  I've walked for around 45 minutes, I have no idea where I am or what is around me.  how I havemt walked off a cliff I dont know and I can't even keep a stream viewer for longer than 5 minutes.

Weird?....looks good on my 65" LG. No issues..played 2 hours sraight in a night server. Flashlights are not the best but they do the work.

Are you guys sure it's not your settings?

• Like 1

I play on a monitor via elgato game capture HD, maybe that has something to do with it. Changing the brightness, contrast and gamma had little effect :(

Looks fine on my television as well... Even managed to rough up a pack of wolves!

• Like 1

Looks great on my crap eight year old LG TV. Try downgrading! Seriously though, it's dark but I can see where I'm going. It's real dark in the woods, as you'd expect. Maybe if you're lost, make a camp fire and wait till dawn. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Beans 1

Its dark, but it also depends on the weather just like in real life. My first spawn in today it was dark and raining, so it was pitch black, but I  enjoyed the challenge and just took my time around. I also spawned in later and it switched from day to night as I was playing and it was a clear night with a moon, so it was easier to see. I dont know if you ever spent anytime in the woods in real life, but that is how it is. Clear night with  a full moon and your eyes adjusted you can see around. Cloud cover night with no moon pitch black.

I like the change and I would like to see them add night vision googles/optics and Iron sights and maybe the ability to make a torch.

Thanks to the developers for adding the time of day. Yesterday I noticed that the dark time lasts 5 hours. Very cool!!!! That feeling when you play in the dark with headphones.

3 hours ago, VVolf10 said:

I like the change and I would like to see them add night vision googles/optics and Iron sights and maybe the ability to make a torch.

Iron sight is already in the game...or am i not understaning correctly?

I heard someone made a torch out of a stick and rag..maybe it was pc?

58 minutes ago, FakeBritvin said:

Thanks to the developers for adding the time of day. Yesterday I noticed that the dark time lasts 5 hours. Very cool!!!! That feeling when you play in the dark with headphones.

5 hours?! Holy crap!

Is it real time 24h? Because that could be a tad too much...playing 5 hours at night...i would probably switch server after 2-3 hours tops.

Dev's say this:

"The appearance of night time is just a matter of server settings, not a missing feature. Right now, servers are starting at 9 AM server time and running until 2 PM before restarting at 9 AM. We will change the server settings eventually to share the darker side of DayZ with you... but be warned, it's going to be really dark"

https://dayz.com/blog/xbox-development-briefing-24-10-2018

1 hour ago, Chris Nixon said:

too dark? seriously??

It would seem that I have issues with my display, an Xbox capture that clip I made shows a hell of a lot more when I watch it on a different display.

1 hour ago, bent.toe said:

I made a torch out of rags and sticks on the xbox

I can see fine my problem is my character keeps getting locked in the data base even though im not hoping plus it didnt let me join any severs so i believe this update already needs to be fixed 

6 minutes ago, Liam King said:

I can see fine my problem is my character keeps getting locked in the data base even though im not hoping plus it didnt let me join any severs so i believe this update already needs to be fixed 

Hey, what geo location are you in & which servers do you typically play in? The new countdown timer won't let you reconnect until three minutes have passed so it should be impossible to be locked in database through server hopping now. I'd advise filing a bug report via the link on the main forum page, I personally haven't had any issues so far with this patch but I'm sure your not alone with the issues you're having, better full that form out and hope the devs fix ASAP, I'd put your gamertag in the bug report too Incase you get a prolonged database lock so they can release it server side for you 

1 hour ago, THYERS said:

It would seem that I have issues with my display, an Xbox capture that clip I made shows a hell of a lot more when I watch it on a different display.

I made a torch out of rags and sticks on the xbox

Ok, then we know. Thanks

5 hours ago, bent.toe said:

I am talking about iron sights for night or low light use. They glow in the dark, so you can see your sights. Would be a cool addition as a weapon pick up.

1 hour ago, VVolf10 said:

I am talking about iron sights for night or low light use. They glow in the dark, so you can see your sights. Would be a cool addition as a weapon pick up.

Tritium sights would be cool. Tracer rounds would be too but they would probably put too much strain on the servers 

2 hours ago, VVolf10 said:

Aha ok, now i'm with you.