Baty Alquawen

Status Report - 23 October 2018

Just now, p4nnus said:

Dont forget the growable weed! Ive waited for that feature for like 4 years.. what a bummer!

Yeah, I wanted someone to RP the cannabis cannibal and make purple people stew, but I guess that won't happen.

I also wanted Hendrix to play every time I ate shrooms.

Anyway, who wants to live in a world without coffee?

That will drive anybody to KoS.

• Haha 2

So after a lot of discussions during the last weeks it now seems clear that all the bad premonitions were even understated .

One does not simply walk into Chernarus and call all important stuff flavor features just because you were not able to implement them in time.

Remove Modding and Server files from your list and we are more or less left with vehicles and base building, Two features that currently look and feel far away from being ready /really playable. Two features that seem to take all your manpower and resources. Two

features that we all would trade for the survival features and items  that we all love ...Bioahaze nailed it in his post allthough he even missed a lot of things like drugs, cigarettes, alcohol, books, writing notes, overgrown buildings etc etc etc.

Two features which are  mainly in to please the new to DayZ console players....

I am sure we will see some more vehicles and weapons as well as the the helicopter pretty soon...to please the console player base,  but I wonder if we will ever see all the missing and promised features....

Last but not least...giving no roadmap for the missing stuff and being pretty vague about the planned features is not cool...we still do not know what really is going on with the medical system and horticulture for example.

This is not the game I was dreaming of ...and if you are still really wiling to make it that game, it will take you at least one more year when looking at all the missing and unpolished stuff

• Beans 5

28 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

overgrown buildings

Oh yeah, "devastation passes"? I should have added that definitely. Thanks.

There's preliminary models on the Trello page for the overgrown textures.

Well hopefully game will be fun experience and very eventfull like in the earlier years, so missing content and features won't be so bad, and not for long hopefully. With proper adjustment DayZ can be very fun even with limited features and content. With proper adjustments and plenty of players to fill servers with those adjustments. 

But speaking of content I feel concerned about bikes/bicycles not being mentioned at all. 

But hey, it is just a game. 

• Beans 1

What happened with bicycles? I feel like we are completely skipping beta and just calling it a 1.0. Truth be told DayZ probably shouldn't even be called beta by the end of this year. *Edit* guy above me already mentioned bicycles. What bothers me is the mod had SO many more features and stuff to do. This scaled back version is hardly the DayZ I signed up for.

Edited by JBURNS489
  • Beans 2

What a disapointing SR, this game really is a rollercoaster ride from start to finish.

For my part, i think 1.0, the way it is going now, will have quite a bittersweet taste to it.

I too feel let down with missing ''Flavor features''. Fishing, hunting(bow), throwing, horticulture, and all those other goodies listed by IMT and other players is a huge blow to the game.

All these are not flavor features but CORE parts of the game.

A lot of old and new players awaits the 1.0 to come back and the spotlight will be on the game.

You cannot let down those returning player or new player this time around.

Please consider post-poning 1.0, i know you promised 1.0 by the end of 2018, but releasing it the way it is will hurt the game more than post-poning again..

• Beans 5

The 1.0 will be a long beta it seems. Familiar release approach from Bohemia. Arma 3 was kind of released the same way.

Well development will go on couple more years at least so we should see many things later.

• Beans 1

The 1.0 Steam reviews are going to be horrendous.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

I second what BioHaze, EmuThreat, IMT and several others have said. 

What would be the harm of continuing in beta longer? Breaking another deadline? Honestly, you've broken so many before we are all use to it and expecting it. What we weren't expecting was an incomplete 1.0. Releasing a weak 1.0 is worse press than postponing it at this point. Don't dig yourself a larger hole.

• Beans 4

14 hours ago, amadieus said:

Who cares what they call it. Everybody already knew that not all the stuff would make it at the end of this year.

Is horticulture getting postponed by the way, or is it still in?

There's one issue to resolve in the code before we can push it into stress tests, but it should not be postponed ;)

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, RaptorM60 said:

There's one issue to resolve in the code before we can push it into stress tests, but it should not be postponed ;)

What about all the other legacy features you fellas dare to call "flavor"? As you can see most are pretty damn disappointed with this so we would like to know why wont you postpone the whole 1.0? Are we gonna at least get a roadmap that shows when the missing features are gonna be implemented?

When are you going to address the actual concerns the main population of this game has? So far you turned blind eye on everything, ignoring all possible controversial questions

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ho guys, where should I start ?

We knew the 1.0 was strongly planned for this year, this is nothing new, but I think we were all expecting or hoping you would break this promise. 
You are about to give us one the emptiest 1.0 game of this decade and it is not fine.

What about the infected being a threat and breaking doors, what about deadly diseases, what about 100 players per servers ? You say nothing about these very important features.

All those years of waiting, you were repeating to us and we were repeating to ourselves to be patient, that the 1.0 would worth it. There we are, the 1.0 won't be worth it in the slightest. It is a big betrayal to your last and most supportives fans. It is like what the community is thinking is completely out of the equation. Be aware that your best allies can become your worst opponents.

Yeah everything planned might come later but for people carying about the reputation of your game it is a disaster. The reviews will be horrendous, videos called "worst studio and development team in the history: the case of dayz" will come out by dozens. You were supposed to give us a good 1.0 and make most of the hater regret their words. Remember no man sky ? It is nothing like what is about to happen to you. I could never wear a dayz t-shirt and be proud of it if you give us an empty content-wise 1.0.

(sorry for mistakes, english is not my first language)

• Beans 3

9 hours ago, JBURNS489 said:

What happened with bicycles?

They have already been long announced as post 1.0 content - implementation of 2 wheeled vehicles is a pretty complex task. 

10 hours ago, Private Evans said:

Two features which are  mainly in to please the new to DayZ console players....

I am sure we will see some more vehicles and weapons as well as the the helicopter pretty soon...to please the console player base 

Trust me, we don't make any difference at all between what console or PC players want. We just make DayZ, and for all I know, everybody wants the same things anyway, no matter where they play ;) 

14 hours ago, Ballsinacan01 said:

Pretty much they are saying we are done and here is the game as it is. You can mod, so you can fix it and add content that has taken us 5 years to not do. Really no Helicopters, how the hell i am suppose to build a map with something like sector b??? 

That's not correct. What we're doing with BETA and 1.0 is stabilizing the platform for further development. 1.0 is not the end, we leave nothing to modders (because modders can only work within the scope of the game itself). Quite the opposite: stabilized 1.0 is the beginning of the road for further development - with the big difference being that we will be building on a much more stable foundation. 

14 hours ago, Private Evans said:

what is the status of the medic system ? ( wounds, fractures, infections, poisoning, deseases...morphine, ephedrine, charcoal tablets antibiotics pain killers, defibrilator etc etc)

will horticulture be in ?

will binos and compass make it into beta/1.0 ?

until when will the missing content be added ? ( especially the helicopter...in the mod one of the iconic things)

Fractures and defibrillators won't be in for BETA, the rest is all in and we'll get to tweaking and balancing the effects when we have the BETA build out.

12 hours ago, Shaggi_ said:

What ever happened to barricading buildings? Is that scratched from 1.0 release content?

This has also been previously announced as post 1.0 feature - due to the time needed for implementation, the choice had to be made between base building or barricading for 1.0. Basebuilding got the priority (though in a way, you can also use the base building mechanic to barricade buildings - check out our Community Spotlight for examples of people playing with the early base building! :)

11 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

Will bows ever be in the game? i'm sure i'm not the only one that would like to know .

We definitely want to get back to implementing them. This weapon type has a lot of fans and advocates internally, too :) 

11 hours ago, IMT said:

- Hunting: fishing, bows, traps
- Crafting: leather clothes, dying, bows, traps, spears, fishing rod, netting
- Survival elements: sickness (cholera, food poisoning, kuru, etc.), cooking (fireplaces don't work at the moment)
- Weapons: SKS, FAL, you name it, there are so few of them, same thing goes for melee weapons
- Clothing: were is all the clothing which used to be in the game? A lot of is it is still missing...
- Binoculars, rangefinder, ghillie suit, throwing, there is so  much more to be summed up but I guess you guys get the point.

A lot of these things have been touched in the SR, but so much hasn't.

We talked about bows, throwing, fishing and weapons in the Status Report ;) 

Binocs, rangefinder, compass, ghillie, spear, survival elements, cooking/fireplaces, most (if not all - it's a REALLY long list) of the clothes you know will be in. Tanning + leather clothes are something I need to double check but probably won't be in. 

• Sad 3
  • Beans 1

52 minutes ago, RaptorM60 said:

Thank you, I'm pleased to see that horticulture will be in.

• Beans 1

So they failed to deliver when it really matters, yet again, but this time the price will be the highest to date. Why do you keep doing this? Why not just post prone it again and make it right? It is time to kick the responsible for this damn mess out of the team! Eugen Harton, who is not alone responsible for this mess,  have has always left me with a shady impression in how he communicates. His very untruthful body language paired with a insecure and desperate need to come off as put together, strong and on top of things just makes for a bad impression. I wonder how he is as a leader? Anyways he alone is not responsible for the mess and I do not what to make a personal attack here, just stating what I have gathered from interviews and other media the developers have given to us.

Anyway, I think Paul AKA:RunningManZ explained Dayz 1.0 very good, long read but worth it. Thought some of you might not have seen it yet?

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqmql6

So true.

IMT - "Now you're receiving yet another backlash from the community. But this time it isn't from some salty trolls but from your actual hardcore fanbase, who actually love the game and are in it for the long run."

Edited by Brandon Clinch
  • Beans 1

8 minutes ago, RaptorM60 said:

They have already been long announced as post 1.0 content - implementation of 2 wheeled vehicles is a pretty complex task. 

But is there ANY been work done towards finishing it inside the studio (bicycles), besides 3d models? It sounds like you didn't even start working on these

A few posts back I talked about how early access is shit and how companies only exploit the players, and that DayZ was the only early access I got value out of and how I still had hopes for this title. I purchased DayZ Alpha on day one, and I was happy with it. Sure I had my opinions but DayZ is legitimately the only early access title I didn't refund and that I was glad to invest in.

That being said, I now want my money back. This is a calling quits SR for an incomplete game with promises that yet have to be fulfilled, as such I don't want to be an investor anymore.

Edited by daniel0056
  • Like 1

I don't get why so many people around DayZ are so mad about it leaving early access. While it was obvious that it is going to be exactly like that at least half a year ago. It was obvious that project is too ambitious for how Bohemia was handling it to come all together in time. I don't know why you are panicking if nothing was canceled. I am certain that DayZ can be very entertaining with smaller package, the only thing what is needed is to make good use of it and there will be all kinds of servers, hopefully full. And I would expect details filling in the game regularly and rapidly and this time for good.

1.0 is really anything, it is supertask, you can go after it forever. I think it is great that core stability is +/- achieved and DayZ can be unleashed, I think it is fair to be 1.0 if it just works well and there are enough of game really.

While many of you found DayZ fun in last few years, most of you are actually minority, many people found DayZ desperately lacking interactions and experiences, and simply didn't play. I have read in reddit a post where people are concerned that with less weapons they will have no business in DayZ, as they basically are collecting weapons. And they are like "what else you can do in this game" ? That is so incredibly wrong, in DayZ you are creating experience, different experience each time... You can be damn weapons collector, cars collector, bikes and bicycles collector, teddy bears collector, mushrooms collector whatever.. you can be just traveler survivor, you can be criminal survivor, you can be guarding a town from bandits, endless stuff.. DayZ is about being active, and surviving challenges. It is about creativity. Not about running in low population server and collecting weapons, it is lowest end goal I can think of.

Edited by Mantasisg

4 hours ago, RaptorM60 said:

Whats the difference between Beta and 1.0?

Edited by JBURNS489

Why not just say " Sorry guys, we ran into multiple unexpected bugs and code errors and we are not where we wanted to be. At the end of the year we will release a beta version on stable branch which will be a  solid running plattform to build on in the future with as many features implemented as currently possible, which includes modding and Server files. The missing features will come in quartlerly updates in 2019. Expect 1.0 ( full game) somewhere around Q3 or Q4 next year."

That would be honest and something at least your hardcore fans could live with. The reputation of this game and its dev team(s) outside of this community is fucked anyway. Selling us here and the public the game in its current state as version 1.0 using cheap salesman tricks will make things even a lot worse !!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Beans 3

28 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

Why not just say " Sorry guys, we ran into multiple unexpected bugs and code errors and we are not where we wanted to be. At the end of the year we will release a beta version on stable branch which will be a  solid running plattform to build on in the future with as many features implemented as currently possible, which includes modding and Server files. The missing features will come in quartlerly updates in 2019. Expect 1.0 ( full game) somewhere around Q3 or Q4 next year."

That would be honest and something at least your hardcore fans could live with. The reputation of this game and its dev team(s) outside of this community is fucked anyway. Selling us here and the public the game in its current state as version 1.0 using cheap salesman tricks will make things even a lot worse !!!!!!

The XBone people were saying how that once a game is in preview with M$, it has to go 1.0 within a year or M$ owns the game.

Couple that with the announcement for 1.0 before years end and they fully painted themselves into a corner.

Now, if they can release something comparable to a Fortnight version and call it 1.0, they can try to convince anyone who asks that 1.0 is a complete game thereby they can say they kept their promise to us and save the game from the clutches of M$.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, seeing Bratislav tests and internal tests on the DB, fingers crossed for a patch today.

• Sad 1
  • Beans 2