ImpulZ

Xbox Update 24/10/2018

12 hours ago, Ouro Boros said:

I played the pc version before my computershit out. Trust me  things been going on for almost 7 fucking years.

And your point is? Are you assuming that I am unaware of DayZ development. If so you are very mistaken

Deleted message, irrelevant, oops.

Edited by Tarkules

35 minutes ago, Cookster1234 said:

Its been out on pc 5 years and console been told they would have it 4 years ago so i really do see why people on console moan when they had to wait 4 years 

1) for an indie (or anybody) to put a game out on Console .. FIRST they have to go through the WHOLE legal negotiation and presentation and the boardroom meetings & wait for the analysis and the decision on 20 different aspects of the deal, and the technical discussions, and give guarantees & sign the yards of documents with the BIG-BIG DISTRIBUTOR (ie the console companies) - That is a major undertaking for an indie. Even a big company that can totally tool up to turn out Xbox games, cant get a deal like that in a week.  That's why so many Xbox games are really same-same but with different sprites and different textures.. simple ideas..

Look at PUBG compared to DayZ and see how 2-D looking and "drab" PUBG is compared to DayZ graphics, even though it's a 90% direct ripoff cut-and-pasted onto a 'Battle Royal' excuse... It's DayZ but made duller and easier to play and less hassle for short time players with short attention spans who want fast kicks and lols .. meaning it's "designed for Console players" ....(heh) ...   but maybe that IS NOT what ALL Console players are looking for, not ALL the time   -    Only 15 million players wanted PUBG  - that leaves quite a few who STILL want something 'better', deeper, more skillful, less obvious, not easier, something unique .. Sure there WON'T EVER BE 15 million DayZ players, but maybe that's WHY it's WORTH putting it on Console.. because even 'a niche minority' of console players is still a LOT of people, looking for something they haven't found on Console yet. ] 

2) DayZ is really an UNUSUAL game to come out on Consoles, for plenty of reasons (like I suggested above - compare it to  "normal" console games)  - On DayZ the graphics are different, the gameplay is different, the complexity is higher, it uses techniques are non-standard, and a new engine that has not been tried on console before, it has a different feel, it is not simple, there is no rule about how to win, no power ups, no awards, it's a weird game - if you want it to be  .. it was ALREADY a VERY unusual game on PC until imitators started turning out cheap-to-make, easy-to-play IMITATIONS.. And NOW DayZ is starting out as an unusual game on Consoles.

More than half that "4 years" comes from Microsoft (and other BIG-BIG Console distributors) analyzing the changing market, charting the changing age-groups, different player styles, different interests, the changing game expectations, and finally deciding round The Big Table that a DayZ  game will draw enough players to fill the MARKET  HOLE  left by PUBG, etc,   AND sell enough copies to earn MS some kudos for innovation,  AND not show up the limitations of Xbox compared to a decent PC rig,  AND make Microsoft a decent profit too ! .. because "profit" is their bottom line.
They designed the Xbox in the first place so THEY can control exactly the WHOLE list of what you users CAN play and what you CANT play.  If a company wants to put out a game on Xbox or PlayStation they have to jump through ALL the hoops first, and not miss one, otherwise they get dumped right back in the street.

Seems like NOW MS think there are enough "grown up" "thoughtful" "strange"  Xbox players around that MS can start expanding away from OBVIOUS games, and add maybe a game or two that are NOT usual.  They took their time deciding.. but -  Hey kids!.. DAD has finally decided - some of you seem like you have brains as well as reaction-times  -  so tonight he's decided You CAN drive the car.  !!!

xxP

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

1) for an indie (or anybody) to put a game out on Console .. FIRST they have to go through the WHOLE legal negotiation and presentation and the boardroom meetings & wait for the analysis and the decision on 20 different aspects of the deal, and the technical discussions, and give guarantees & sign the yards of documents with the BIG-BIG DISTRIBUTOR (ie the console companies) - That is a major undertaking for an indie. Even a big company that can totally tool up to turn out Xbox games, cant get a deal like that in a week.  That's why so many Xbox games are really same-same but with different sprites and different textures.. simple ideas..

Look at PUBG compared to DayZ and see how 2-D looking and "drab" PUBG is compared to DayZ graphics, even though it's a 90% direct ripoff cut-and-pasted onto a 'Battle Royal' excuse... It's DayZ but made duller and easier to play and less hassle for short time players with short attention spans who want fast kicks and lols .. meaning it's "designed for Console players" ....(heh) ...   but maybe that IS NOT what ALL Console players are looking for, not ALL the time   -    Only 15 million players wanted PUBG  - that leaves quite a few who STILL want something 'better', deeper, more skillful, less obvious, not easier, something unique .. Sure there WON'T EVER BE 15 million DayZ players, but maybe that's WHY it's WORTH putting it on Console.. because even 'a niche minority' of console players is still a LOT of people, looking for something they haven't found on Console yet. ] 

2) DayZ is really an UNUSUAL game to come out on Consoles, for plenty of reasons (like I suggested above - compare it to  "normal" console games)  - On DayZ the graphics are different, the gameplay is different, the complexity is higher, it uses techniques are non-standard, and a new engine that has not been tried on console before, it has a different feel, it is not simple, there is no rule about how to win, no power ups, no awards, it's a weird game - if you want it to be  .. it was ALREADY a VERY unusual game on PC until imitators started turning out cheap-to-make, easy-to-play IMITATIONS.. And NOW DayZ is starting out as an unusual game on Consoles.

More than half that "4 years" comes from Microsoft (and other BIG-BIG Console distributors) analyzing the changing market, charting the changing age-groups, different player styles, different interests, the changing game expectations, and finally deciding round The Big Table that a DayZ  game will draw enough players to fill the MARKET  HOLE  left by PUBG, etc,   AND sell enough copies to earn MS some kudos for innovation,  AND not show up the limitations of Xbox compared to a decent PC rig,  AND make Microsoft a decent profit too ! .. because "profit" is their bottom line.
They designed the Xbox in the first place so THEY can control exactly the WHOLE list of what you users CAN play and what you CANT play.  If a company wants to put out a game on Xbox or PlayStation they have to jump through ALL the hoops first, and not miss one, otherwise they get dumped right back in the street.

Seems like NOW MS think there are enough "grown up" "thoughtful" "strange"  Xbox players around that MS can start expanding away from OBVIOUS games, and add maybe a game or two that are NOT usual.  They took their time deciding.. but -  Hey kids!.. DAD has finally decided - some of you seem like you have brains as well as reaction-times  -  so tonight he's decided You CAN drive the car.  !!!

xxP

I play both they just take the mick on the whole timescale of things offer the world and give you shit but hay ho red dead friday lol 

42 minutes ago, Cookster1234 said:

I play both they just take the mick on the whole timescale of things offer the world and give you shit but hay ho red dead friday lol 

If red dead turns out to be anything like gta online it's just going to be a micro transaction farm set in the old west 

• Like 1

Super happy that the updates are comin thick and fast, any stability fixes are appreciated. It's a real shame that we haven't received simple controller updates yet though or the ability to simply bind our own keys (as elite controller owners do anyway) I really thought we would atleast get the ability to hold breath whilst scoped in by now. Long range Combat is clunky, random and down right painful with this missing. Also the ability to look over shoulder In freelook would be really nice, but something is better than nothing

They can't confirm until they get confirmation from xbox that the update is viable. So we will know when they do, plus they told us early so people who rage about character wipes can augment there emotions in advance so that they don't fill the forums with hate/dissapointment. It'll come when it comes and if it failed xboxs preview update checking system it'll come later rather than soon. I for one am glad for the advance notice , any communication is good communication 

Voila, je suis dessus, ont a mien pas  un sc jour et nuit, et c'est juste honteux. Je le dis parce que je l'ai acheté à mon frère sur X box il ne vaux pas 40 

Edited by Babadu 13

On 10/22/2018 at 2:00 PM, pilgrim* said:

All the stuff they are doing on PC right now is in fact to get the game to fit with Xbox and work 100% correctly on Xbox.

This is why on PC they stopped at 0.63, and took a couple of big jumps backwards and started testing everything in the game mechanics bit by bit.  You get the basic game and at the moment AND also PC players get the basic game too - don't forget.
As soon as it is tested and RUNNING on PC and they know it will also run on Xbox, then they will bring it into the official 0.63 version on PC,  up to date (maybe with a new version number?) and Xbox WILL get it too. 

Right now, the PC standard game is about the same level as the Xbox game, a lot of stuff is missing - so don't imagine you are losing out on a bunch of stuff that we have on PC, all those standard version things we had, have been taken away  - it's being revamped and debugged on stress test and experimental and  when it runs as it should on Xbox, then everybody will get it in the standard game, on Xbox AND on PC too.

- this is only my opinion, (but based on a fairly long observation, research & experience) - I believe it is obvious this IS what is happening.
They are shaping up the existing PC game - chunk by chunk - so it runs perfectly on Xbox.
And that is about ALL that is happening.
Bottom line :  All the effort is for your Xbox benefit. - This is really for you Xbox dudes.
Plus they are working specifically focused on your "special" Xbox stuff like controllers and Xbox hardware parameters. So they will be dropping in extra "tested" features from PC every time they can.
You won't have to wait any longer for the results on Xbox than we PC players do on PC.   We get to play incomplete stuff and send in bug reports.. that's what most PC players are doing right now (except the modders)  - read the PC blog.

so right now, keep testing your controllers and putting in bug reports..
It can only help you get what you want faster.

Well said!!

I used to play DayZ on PC, and enjoy playing it on Xbox.

They are doing a great job. Cant wait to see their Progress.

Jeah!

• Like 3
  • Beans 1

I'm confused by this. They list a number of weapons that have been cut in bullet points and the last bullet point pretty much says "all other guns are cut"

Magnum

Red 9

IZH 43 shotgun

SKS

CR 527

Winchester 70

Any other firearm currently available in 0.62, but not on the 0.63 Stress Test branch

What guns that aren't added to the game at present can we expect to see coming soon?

I have a new bug I think I couldn't exit the game because someone was standing next to me and I think I couldn't quit the Dayz on Xbox One my character progress was erased does this happen a lot?

6 hours ago, awalsh47 said:

I'm confused by this. They list a number of weapons that have been cut in bullet points and the last bullet point pretty much says "all other guns are cut"

Magnum

Red 9

IZH 43 shotgun

SKS

CR 527

Winchester 70

Any other firearm currently available in 0.62, but not on the 0.63 Stress Test branch

What guns that aren't added to the game at present can we expect to see coming soon?

Yep I saw that too, looks like what we've got is all were getting. Pretty   Disgusted by the status report tbh.

• Beans 2

19 hours ago, Cookster1234 said:

Its been out on pc 5 years and console been told they would have it 4 years ago so i really do see why people on console moan when they had to wait 4 years 

Imagine moaning about a video game though.

There are much more important things in life.

3 hours ago, Tino81 said:

Imagine moaning about a video game though.

There are much more important things in 

15 hours ago, logan9850 said:

I have a new bug I think I couldn't exit the game because someone was standing next to me and I think I couldn't quit the Dayz on Xbox One my character progress was erased does this happen a lot?

never mind I guess I'll have to play this Dayz offline on steam PC

Complete noob here. Day 3 of owning the game. But noticed I had an update, downloaded, installed..

character gonzo.

is it normal for character wipes after updates?

is there any hope in chernarus to get my character back?

2 minutes ago, Carignan82 said:

Complete noob here. Day 3 of owning the game. But noticed I had an update, downloaded, installed..

character gonzo.

is it normal for character wipes after updates?

is there any hope in chernarus to get my character back?

Character wipes happen but not with every update.  BI invested in a new database machine to specifically serve Xbox servers so a character wipe came with the switch 

• Like 1