Sign in to follow this  
Mantasisg

Who Are Best DayZ PvP Players ?

Recently I have played stresstests, which are focused PVP. One day I was pretty much on a rampage in UK server, and yesterday I was pretty much owned in SWE server... are scandinavians superior in pVp ? 

Myself and the people I play with are from very distant parts of the globe.

We tend to play on servers in every region in any given day.

It is entirely possible that you were not playing against any Swedish players at all.

I think the people who are dedicated FPS players have a distinct advantage in a conventional firefight for obvious reasons.

Thankfully, DayZ has and will have ways to make things less erm, conventional.

• Beans 1

Well perhaps true. I still think that naturaly more scandinavians will be in such server, than in USA server. 

And it is great to have some servers dedicated to convetional PVP. It is enjoyable and it is better to do many mistakes in one hour of DM and learn from them, rather than hundred hours of normal DayZ. I was so unsuccesful in DayZ in the past, that I used to ask myself why do I even search for that high end stuff, if I'll fail within first or second threat or not even use it. 

But the best DayZ is with normal interatctions where some players are friendly and social, and some are bandits then adding zombies, wolves, bears, weather, player status... best DayZ. And of course not hours of running from house to house. 

On 10/23/2018 at 4:41 PM, Mantasisg said:

And it is great to have some servers dedicated to convetional PVP. It is enjoyable and it is better to do many mistakes in one hour of DM and learn from them, rather than hundred hours of normal DayZ. I was so unsuccesful in DayZ in the past, that I used to ask myself why do I even search for that high end stuff, if I'll fail within first or second threat or not even use it. 

True, in the mod days, this was where ARMA 2 Wasteland came in handy. And not just for PVP, but learning all the corners of the map is a lot faster when you have trucks, cars, armored vehicles, planes and helicopters spawning everywhere.

Yeah, same principle basically for everything. Though after ~550hours in DayZ I still don't know many places, especially as map got updated a lot, though I am able to tell where tent city used to be, now it is different location. But I don't feel uncomfortable for still not having explored some places. But when you find some high end weapon, with little ammunition and you don't have any skill at all with it then it is weird. Or, I imagine, it would be very weird to find a Helicopter, and have absolutely no idea how to play with it lol 

the player you don't see is the best in PvP

• Haha 2
  • Beans 1

On 10/21/2018 at 11:41 AM, Mantasisg said:

Recently I have played stresstests, which are focused PVP. One day I was pretty much on a rampage in UK server, and yesterday I was pretty much owned in SWE server... are scandinavians superior in pVp ? 

Nah, I drag down the average  :P

• Like 1