KevLARR

backstory

Ok if 5 well equipped players can survive and clear a city of infected why did the entire force fail when they had unlimited supply and man power? if 1 player had a tank or APC they would have no problem at all . the hole backstory needs work !! big time. nothing makes sense atm with what actually happened to the population, because there isn't enough to be a major threat .and did the people get evacuated and take everything from there Holmes ?   what's going on with the doors ? they are messed up !  .. I have being looking forward to dayz since 2012 or summit like that, needs a lot more !!   great work so far!!

Virus was airborne.  Anyone not immune was eventually infected.  I forget the exact numbers but the majority of people infected simply died from the infection, those that were not killed became the 'zombies', and all players are immune to the virus.  Supply and manpower are NEVER unlimited.  They've purposely kept the backstory vague, although I've heard Rocket had a virologist draft up a 'research paper' on the virus way back when, I don't think anyone's ever seen it much less released it.

I remember them showing us notes, letters, orders and newsletters providing background of the outbreak....