Sign in to follow this  
TheYetiBum

FOV Slider (field of view)

Hey guys & gals,

Does anyone know if DayZ SA on PC has a FOV slider in graphical options? 

I ask mainly to ascertain whether this option will come to console, we poor souls get the option about 1 in 10 games and have to play at a 90 Degree FOV most of the time which quite frankly gives me headaches & eye ache.

I find it disappointing that in 2018 people are happy with triple A titles  because there at 4k for there fancy new gigantic fancy 4K TV , but then play a game that looks like the characters wearing blinkers.

i would absolutely love it if we could turn DayZ FOV upto  120-160 so that it's closer to the average humans actual field of view , that way I won't feel like my survivors a total dumbass running around with a box on his head with a tiny hole cut out the front. 

Please illuminate this poor console whelp.

On PC there's a slider which goes from 60 to 110.

Not sure if that is the actual field of view in degrees, or an arbitrary number. They seem to have changed how it works more than once. (At one point, it was absolutely an arbitrary number).

I made some assumptions and calculated that the "110" setting should result in a 103.01° Horizontal FOV. The "60" setting was calculated as 59.75°.

I attempted to test this in-game half a year ago and those calculations said I had a 103.3° Horizontal FOV on setting "110", within the margin of error.

I don't know about console.

120-160 = fisheye.

At a certain point you would also rob yourself, as on a normal screen, people will appear smaller the higher you go, and you may have a hard time seeing them without using the "eye zoom", and would have been better off sacrificing some of that huge FOV for a better initial vision and being more active with the camera.

Edited by -Gews-
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In DayZ Xbox, the FOV is already set high, and you can only drop it down to make it the gears of war FOV, right over the shoulder.