Sign in to follow this  
mastaZz

names of friends overhead

Hi guys. Tell me please,

Is it possible to display the names of friends above your head?

Edited by mastaZz

42 minutes ago, G0ndalf said:

For sure its possible

Possible, yes, but the devs won't do it because they don't want it in the game. You might get it in a mod perhaps, but it will never be implemented in the vanilla game.

Why would ANYONE want to do this?  Why can't people just go play COD and let DayZ be a more realistic survival simulator.  Stop this nonsense. 

• Beans 1

37 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Why would ANYONE want to do this?  Why can't people just go play COD and let DayZ be a more realistic survival simulator.  Stop this nonsense. 

What do you care about what other people think is good or not good?
Answer: A HUMOR is your concern.

If you have any questions / disagreements, then do not read them and do not write rubbish that nobody can help.

I'm glad the forum/thought police showed up.  But my question stands.... why would anyone want to do this?  just because you can do something doesn't make it a great idea.

5 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

In survival, too, there are friends and enemies. And on a hard day for a can of stew in your back and a friend will stick a knife. Probably silly not to distinguish who is friend and who is foe?

I hope they don't add this my server definitely won't be getting it 

15 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I'm glad the forum/thought police showed up.  But my question stands.... why would anyone want to do this?  just because you can do something doesn't make it a great idea.

10 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Thanks for proving my point.  Nonsense.

5 hours ago, Sy8282 said:

I hope they don't add this my server definitely won't be getting it 

Bunch off trolls, the guys asks something, Help him or get the f*ck out of this thread.
why is his idea terrible, If he wants it and adds it in his server so be it.
Nobody forces you to use it.

I Like the idea of steam friends showing up, or a invite system like scum.

Edited by kaspar rave
  • Like 2

Always moaning about this, if something is introduced that you do not want, then it will be switched off again, luckily there are serverfiles now.
There are still pretty few things inside, but I hope the devs add options, so you can switch certain things off or on.

19 hours ago, ulli_123 said:

What do you care about what other people think is good or not good?
Answer: A HUMOR is your concern.

If you have any questions / disagreements, then do not read them and do not write rubbish that nobody can help.

We care because when enough of these people suggest stupid shxt like this it will get added to the game. This is NOT a casual game, not in the slightest. The HUD is minimal, if your friend steps in the way of your line of fire then they will die. There are coloured arm bands you can craft in game to help prevent this.

I agree with the other points, in some respects, relating to private servers and optional name tags. This will never be a thing in public BI servers.

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, droefheid said:

We care because when enough of these people suggest stupid shxt like this it will get added to the game. This is NOT a casual game, not in the slightest. The HUD is minimal, if your friend steps in the way of your line of fire then they will die. There are coloured arm bands you can craft in game to help prevent this.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

• Like 1

On 18.10.2018 at 12:06 AM, THEGordonFreeman said:

Thanks for proving my point.  Nonsense.

it's normal option for admins...