Sign in to follow this  
Rekurv

Overjoyed to hear work on the gamma is underway!

I read you guys are making a serious effort to fix the gamma exploit. This makes me so so so happy to hear that ! Its been a while but its great to know you guys are on the case! As others have mentioned the lighting in general needs some work, but knowing that it is being worked on is a Huge step in the right direction. This was always my biggest issue with dayZ and when this is sorted to some degree I will definitely be recommending dayZ to more friends. Keep up the great work. I have faith !

• Beans 4

Yes sir,  I'm over the moon the gamma slider is gone. I dont recall anyone complaining about monitor issues without it. I crave the day when night vision goggles are actually a very valuable item in a properley darkened environment where the world light obeys the buildings and closing the curtains on a house could be used to block the light out or in. Oooh

• Beans 1

On 10/16/2018 at 10:03 PM, liquidcactus said:

Yes sir,  I'm over the moon the gamma slider is gone. I dont recall anyone complaining about monitor issues without it. I crave the day when night vision goggles are actually a very valuable item in a properley darkened environment where the world light obeys the buildings and closing the curtains on a house could be used to block the light out or in. Oooh

Modders will remove it.,

You may not recall anyone complaining about the missing gamma slider because people don't bother complaining about it

i have serious issues with the gamme in the game right now, it makes it basically unplayable for me night AND day, because of the non-configurable terrible HDR which is the same since Arma 2 Vanilla

At day, with a cloudy sky, everything is turned down to such a darkness that i couldn't see anyone in a forrest or even in grass because all these places are pitch black

in nighttime, seeing inside buildings and woods is easier than on a plain with dark grass on a fuly lit moon night...

the gamma slider might be gone, but people allready found a workaround, a rather obvious one which i won't mention here, because it was the only way i could get my gamma back to levels where i can see at day...

i would really liek to know IF SA has a QA team and if they have, if they use different monitors and graphic cards, my ticket regarding this on the feedback tracker has not been read since 2 weeks i think

On 02.11.2018 at 9:50 PM, Bantankerous said:

The night shouldn't be pitch black, this isn't real life.  Even in real life, out in the open with no city lights, the stars and especially the moon will illuminate your field of vision and your pupils will adjust to it.  With this in mind, the nighttime should be a bluish cascade for visual appeal and also this does create shadowplay which people can meld into.   Just have the moon out and there you have the bluish, moonlit landscape which looks beautiful and you can still PVP and move around in.  

/thread

No need for moon. This is how I fixed gamma-abuse for my Arma3 survival servers:
023qYfk.jpg

qd8crzA.jpg

Edited by Malcain

I'm not , i have a hard time seeing anything from eye complication's , so basically it shut's me out if i can't brighten thing's up a bit .