oldson

reloading

Good afternoon guys n gals, been having issues with reloading magazines of any type.
I managed to load 1 stannag mag the other day, but not been able to load anything again. Is there a tried and tested way or is it still a bit hit and miss?

I had a similar issue with my usg. Had a fully loaded mag in my inventory, though pressing Y wouldn’t do anything.

I dropped the equipped mag, went into my inventory hovering over the other mag and pressed B. Mag loaded fine, then picked up the first mag and pressed Y without any issues.

Not sure what’s causing this, though manually loading each mag seems to fix this issue. 

I found, if your inventory weight is maxed out or 1 pound lighter than max for any of your gear, you can't swap mags by just tapping "Y". Because the mag weighs 2 pounds or kg, whichever it is, you need to have at least that much weight in your inventory.

You gotta have your mags in you backpack if your wearing one, for some reason you can reload from other clothing without a bag but once you put a back pack on it's buggy as hell getting a reload of from trouser, shirts or assault vest etc (assault vest seem exceptionally buggy for keeping magazines in ATM so tbh I steer clear of them completely as more of then than not stuff seems to duplicate in them as the duplicated items and mags tend to exonerate bugged out. Also you'll need enough space in your backpack to remove the mag from your weapon first. For instance if it's an AKM or M416 mag it'll take up 3slots so you must have three free slots in backpack as you remove mag and place it in bag before removing the fresh mag for bag to place in gun.

also there are still occasions where de-sync causes the server to think there are a different amount of bullets in a mag than there are client side for you, if you get a mag that will not under any circumstances load into weapon I'd advise completely emptying mag, drop it on the floor floor so the server is sent the info it's empty then pick up and refill with rounds and see it it'll load into weapon.