john garcia

Why no love for the IZH18?

Does everyone truly hate this weapon that much?  Never hear any mention of it. This is the one rifle that I have never had reloading/firing issues with.

I know its not high speed low drag but can suit many purposes. Hunting ,dispatching zeds, I have used improvised suppressor on it. Looks like there is a slot for optics on its menu(?). PU doesn't attach but I'm looking for a PSU right now.

For me it is a tool, takes me away from the pvp side of things. I have no issues with evading and avoiding to survive. 

22 minutes ago, john garcia said:

Does everyone truly hate this weapon that much?  Never hear any mention of it. This is the one rifle that I have never had reloading/firing issues with.

I know its not high speed low drag but can suit many purposes. Hunting ,dispatching zeds, I have used improvised suppressor on it. Looks like there is a slot for optics on its menu(?). PU doesn't attach but I'm looking for a PSU right now.

For me it is a tool, takes me away from the pvp side of things. I have no issues with evading and avoiding to survive. 

With how pvp heavy the game is atm the gun is just a death for you waiting to happen. 30 rounds compared to one. Thats really the only thing that makes sense to me. Not a bad gun just not as useful as the mosin

Takes the same ammo as the AKM and by the time you've found the ammo you've probably acquired an AK

Great for hunting, but no scope or mag/clip possibilities really ruins its potential. Better then nothing but.

Will be a sneaky little starter weapon once the hacksaws back to make it a little sawn off version. Has one shit kill potential with a good heavy organ chest or head shot so definitely not to passed up if your gunless but better off in your back pack rather than on show as some doosch with an AR might pick you off just for carrying.

It has only one medium-power shot and doesn't take a scope yet and it's easy to find better weapons. I would ask why there's any love for it.

uJewEnN.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, -Gews- said:

It has only one medium-power shot and doesn't take a scope yet and it's easy to find better weapons. I would ask why there's any love for it.

uJewEnN.jpg

I agree, ful little novelty gun early spawn tho, but if you've found the rounds for it , you've probably got your hands on an AKM instead. The sawn off version does look sweet though but you'd be better off with a sawn off mosin once the hacksaws back in.im interested in how the weapon spawning will change once more guns are added back in, I'm assuming that finding the requisite mags & ammo will be tougher once similar guns/items won't spawn so close or frequently when there spawns get shared out. Think trade & comms will increase once it's necessary and more convenient than looting for hours, right now you can be geared in an hour or less which is breeding a KOS attitude. I love me some PvP but the game feels abit easy modeduring  this test phase 

19 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

The sawn off version does look sweet though but you'd be better off with a sawn off mosin once the hacksaws back in

Back in the day the sawn-off IZH-18 had dispersion of 6 feet @ 25 yards, whereas the sawn-off Mosin was 2.7 inches @ 25 yards. 

So if I was aiming directly at the centre of a basketball-sized target at 100 m, the sawn-off Mosin would have 100% chance of hitting and the IZH-18 would have about 1%.

One worked pretty well...

the other I didn't have good experiences with.

But they'll no doubt fix this up and limit the usable accuracy we can get from either.

• Like 1