Tyler Tee H C

Thrill is Gone

Loved the game. But every time I go into a server that’s populated I get shot in the back by a combat logger. Really tiring running for hours or days to get shot in the back by someone who just was NOT there.

It’s just happening miles too often, and to be honest I have grown very tired of it very quickly. Wish the console players wouldn’t be such idiots. 

Hopefully COD will take them away but I think they probably really enjoy doing sweet FA but combat logging behind hard playing characters. 

PLEASE DO SOMETHING B.I. It’s just too much aggro and not really all that much fun. 

Sorry for posting this up yet again. But it is KILLING the game from the starting gate. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

They should really advertise the time travel capabilities of the Xbox One. Since DayZ has been released its like I'm in 2012

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

That’s how it was in the early DayZ on PC. 

You should avoid high pop servers, unless you’re in a squad, or are looking for PvP.

I find servers with around 20 have a nice balance between play styles, and have had great encounters with random players.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Yep it happened to me again last night! Until base building and cars are in the game I am backing away from the game. I shouldn't be killed because I have the best position in battle by a cheater.

• Like 1

Can be very fristrating, I don't KOS but some people will kill any chance they get even if your holstered & haven't seen them yet. I'll always try and talk to people unless in a military zone or large city then I always scope  out the town from range before going in and avoid people . If I see fresh spawns or being killed or squads executing people they get killed or avoided depending on ammo count and upper hand positioning.

not everyone is instantly hostile, try running a semi geared rig at the coast and help fresh spawns with water and food etc by looting boats. Great way to find friendly people , just watch out for the squads. But a silenced 45. Pistol can work wonders on a bad bandit squad ;)  

• Like 3

I've got almost 20 days play time on the XBOX and spend all of that in the top most high pop severs... I've honestly never been ganked by someone I didnt avtually see, and only ever met one person using exploits of any kind.

I'd say it's just the luck of the draw, and as stated by others who commented you need to play safe. When I get in proxy encounters people dont not kill me because they're nice, they don't open fire because I'm always paranoid and agressive enough to make sure they know who is in control of the situation, and know that I am always aware of my surroundings.

Survival in DAYZ is not garaunteed, especially with survivors it is earned.

• Like 1

Feels bad man, but the maps 100square miles so saying a guy who shoots you in the back wasn't there just doesn't work. I've followed so many players for upto an hour and never been seen , I could have killed them at any time I wanted. Unless your super vigilant, checking your six & posting up every so often to watch for people or squads shadowing g you then you get dead.  Plus if your on the coast 90% of your playtime then your gonna get messed up eventually just because there's so many people who are so bad they can't get past the coast or choose to stay there to kill the people so Bad they can't get up north. 

Atm there's zero incentive to actually survive, hardly any items or cosmetic choices, no hair or beard growth , no base fortification or vehicles. so it's unsurprising that the majority of players just want to PvP, once the game goes BETA that dynamic will change. 

Just remember that this is NOT DayZ right now, it's not hardcore survival , it's easy mode to test weapon mechanics, server stability & create heat maps for player routes on foot, etc. This is games testing at work, it's game preview, you pay a lower price and accept the finished games still a year away most of the time

• Like 3

So I am on the very top of a Hospital and clear the whole building Lock the door to roof and I see a guy run past down on ground then BANG I am dead. They log in behind you and kill you. DON'T TELL ME THIS IS NOT GHOSTING OR THAT GHOSTING ISN'T POSSIBLE. I have the stream of it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tyler Tee H C said:

So I am on the very top of a Hospital and clear the whole building Lock the door to roof and I see a guy run past down on ground then BANG I am dead. They log in behind you and kill you. DON'T TELL ME THIS IS NOT GHOSTING OR THAT GHOSTING ISN'T POSSIBLE. I have the stream of it.

Ghosting does happen, but if your on hospital roof then I'm assuming there's a thousand vantage points looking at you so assuming it's purposeful ghosting seems like a big leap. Which town were to in? Berezino, severograd, etc? As every town I know of that has a hospital has many other high buildings or hills overlooking it, an SVD, M4 or AKM can one shot. Also remember if you lock a buildings doors any player who tries said door will assume your in there and purposefully reposition to get a line of sight on you. But as I said ghostin does happen but I could have also been a guy just happening to log in to find you I from of him. I've had several friends out in the middle of the woods miles away from any major city, who log back In only to get destroyed by gunfire instantly. Just the way DayZ is, until we get private servers with 24\7 admins (which we may never get) then it's impossible to remove or perma server ban players who ghost or use exploits. Hell even if we get private servers they'd prob be ruined by corrupt admins abusing admin power and flying around murdering people in god mode lol. 

• Like 3

Was in Elektro.

Yeah fair enough. But why it happens to me too often. ?

Edited by Tyler Tee H C

1 hour ago, Tyler Tee H C said:

Was in Elektro.

Yeah fair enough. But why it happens to me too often. ?

Stay out of electro! 

On 19.10.2018 at 10:15 PM, Tyler Tee H C said:

I have stayed out of DayZ

You are 100% right on this one!

There is A LOT of combat loggers who will log into your back after they can't get in your building/position by fair play and that has to STOP!

• Like 1

Have to say the darkness and weather has changed upbthe game somewhat and I am pleased to say I am sticking with it and just avoiding high pop servers for a while. Lol

• Beans 1

19 hours ago, Tyler Tee H C said:

Have to say the darkness and weather has changed upbthe game somewhat and I am pleased to say I am sticking with it and just avoiding high pop servers for a while. Lol

Same.

Got bored and frustrated quick.

Happy to see updates, just expecting a lil more. Entitled? Ionno.

*In my best Dave Chappele/Rick James voice* The DARKNESS was refreshing for some reason. The wipe too.

Decided to suicide with everything possible for shits and wtfs.

Lost a stash in 4311 #sadface

• Haha 1

I just look forward to the updates and how incredible the end product will be...if it materializes for me...or my great grand kids.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Matt20714 said:

I just look forward to the updates and how incredible the end product will be...if it materializes for me...or my great grand kids.

You didn't read the latest status report I am guessing ?

Disappointing news to be frank.

3 hours ago, Tyler Tee H C said:

You didn't read the latest status report I am guessing ?

Disappointing news to be frank.

Baby steps.  Is what it is.  I’ve been playing other games in the meantime to fill the void.  

• Like 2

On 11/2/2018 at 2:00 PM, Matt20714 said:

Baby steps.  Is what it is.  I’ve been playing other games in the meantime to fill the void.  

Not even. This baby still got a limp neck lol