Marvel_Ham

Compliments

With all the troubleshooting and frustrations littering the boards, maybe there's a spot for promoting what we enjoy about DayZ. The more things develop, the less BI may have to fine-tune things that are already solid.

Examples:

Sounds - from the environment, to the actions, and the (me fave) weapon effects: spot on. The way they mic'd that M4 makes it sound so damn chunky, love it. Makes for a nice hike around.

View distance - I can't believe sometimes how far we can see, scoped or not. Even when weather is a factor, it makes for some helpful cover knowing there's haze.

Character models/ artstyle - BI struck a nice balance between realism and artfulness. Haven't found anything that really looks out-of-place yet.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 2

Agreed!

The game is amazing in so many ways. I've been gaming a long time and have never experienced the emotional highs and lows that come with Dayz.

Knowing that the glitches are being worked on is good enough to me, it only means that an already great game will some day be even better.

• Like 7
  • Beans 1

19 minutes ago, Marvel_Ham said:

With all the troubleshooting and frustrations littering the boards, maybe there's a spot for promoting what we enjoy about DayZ. The more things develop, the less BI may have to fine-tune things that are already solid.

Examples:

Sounds - from the environment, to the actions, and the (me fave) weapon effects: spot on. The way they mic'd that M4 makes it sound so damn chunky, love it. Makes for a nice hike around.

View distance - I can't believe sometimes how far we can see, scoped or not. Even when weather is a factor, it makes for some helpful cover knowing there's haze.

Character models/ artstyle - BI struck a nice balance between realism and artfulness. Haven't found anything that really looks out-of-place yet.

Good call my friend! I'm just extremely thrilled to have DayZ on Xbox... I spent years watching other people play it on PC and was so tempted to buy a new PC just to play this game! I'm not worried about the bugs or character wipes from updates, this is an Alpha after all and everything will get ironed out and added in due time. I love the warm scenery of Chernarus during the clear sunny days and the ominous looks of the deep woods during foggy rainstorms! The ambient sounds are fantastic and the general freedom of exploration is highly appealing to me. When I first heard Dayz would be coming to consoles I felt my heart flutter, then I heard it wasn't so likely and my soul sank... But it's here now and will only get better with time. Thank you team DayZ!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Molecular Drift 1.0 said:

Good call my friend! I'm just extremely thrilled to have DayZ on Xbox... I spent years watching other people play it on PC and was so tempted to buy a new PC just to play this game! I'm not worried about the bugs or character wipes from updates, this is an Alpha after all and everything will get ironed out and added in due time. I love the warm scenery of Chernarus during the clear sunny days and the ominous looks of the deep woods during foggy rainstorms! The ambient sounds are fantastic and the general freedom of exploration is highly appealing to me. When I first heard Dayz would be coming to consoles I felt my heart flutter, then I heard it wasn't so likely and my soul sank... But it's here now and will only get better with time. Thank you team DayZ!

Hear hear!

I think those of us who’ve been patiently waiting for this game to come to console have a deeper appreciation for the development process of porting this game to Xbox. Playstation can thank us later..

I thoroughly enjoy the realism aspect of DayZ. The fact you have to manually load each magazine is just satisfying.

It always threw me off when other games would allow you to dump a half empty mag, and the ammo would magically appear in the reserve.

I hope BI is able to take their time with the console development, and deliver a top notch experience.

• Like 7
  • Beans 3

I like that fear of the unknown with this game. For example, wandering through a town and hearing a gunshot with no idea where it came from but that little voice in your head says "Well, take a look then!" and so begins a tense hunt for the shooter whilst fending off zombies and noisy chickens.

• Like 6

Realized one thing that this game is missing that is actually a benefit: Achievements. Instead of chasing points, a game like this allows the players and community at-large to dictate what is worth pursuing.

• Like 2

Love DayZ , not that it doesn't  deserve criticism as long as its constructive. 

I've played the original mod many moons ago and I've played nearly 16days on xbox now on the standalone. 

For or me it's one of the least buggy & broken game preview releases to date & the fact that the new engine can run on console is a testament to the dev teams ingenuity and resolve.

I can be a heavy critic of this game and games in general but it's always from a place of respect for development teams and because I want to see a game grow and get better.

Until the games 1.0 and full release I feel it's churlish for anyone to overtly rip on the game because ATM we only have 10% of the game , if that. I think they've done wonders and a year from now it'll be almost discernible from what were playing now , it'll be even better.

well done dev team , just don't forget about us console users when that BETA testing starts ;)

• Like 3

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:07 PM, Marvel_Ham said:

Realized one thing that this game is missing that is actually a benefit: Achievements. Instead of chasing points, a game like this allows the players and community at-large to dictate what is worth pursuing.

I agree and I'm sure they will come. I'm looking forward to whacky Achievements too, similar to a game like GTAV. I would think they will have some funnier Achievements since I wasn't expecting to find a Great Helm the other night LOL. Modern day Russian zombie apocalypse and I look like I'm from the middle ages. it does give good protection though but stands out and almost has a reflective shine to it in the sun.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm finding sounds to be a big factor (for me) in this game. Creeping along at night and then hearing that zed aggro because they saw you. Or that sound of nearby wolves that gives you that sudden "Oh S**T" moment. When you're crouched in a house eating and then hear footsteps......very different from other games.

Only two little minor things stick out to me. Wish they would use a different sound for using lockpick and the AKM. That is definately the sound of an empty magazine being inserted/removed. BUT not complaining here. just making mention.

Last night got to wander about with a clear starlit night. Looked great.

• Like 2

On 01/11/2018 at 4:23 AM, john garcia said:

I'm finding sounds to be a big factor (for me) in this game. Creeping along at night and then hearing that zed aggro because they saw you. Or that sound of nearby wolves that gives you that sudden "Oh S**T" moment. When you're crouched in a house eating and then hear footsteps......very different from other games.

Only two little minor things stick out to me. Wish they would use a different sound for using lockpick and the AKM. That is definately the sound of an empty magazine being inserted/removed. BUT not complaining here. just making mention.

Last night got to wander about with a clear starlit night. Looked great.

Agreed, the sounds very much make the experience alot more immersive and scary! Even down to the creaky metal door sounds every few minutes near large containers. Yeah a few sounds are broken but not a game breaker for me, like when lockpicking and getting the eating sound lol. Finally had some sun and no rain today and it was really refreshing. Really enjoyed the views as I couldn't fine anyone to talk to lol.

• Like 1

I also want to say how much I've enjoyed DayZ. So glad I checked it out when it arrived on Xbox. Nothing I lookup up on YouTube was close to really showing how enjoyable this game is. I'm very please with how much has been improved since release as well. Looking forward to future updates :)

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

I was hooked within 15min of the hour trial and like A1 it’s definitely worth the wait I love the game as it is and even if it’s 1st quarter ‘19 or little longer the finished product will be amazing I’ve been waiting for a game like this for console my whole life