Gene Pearson

Please add something to xbox

Add some guns or tents or fishing or anything to break up the stalemate. Hell even a bicycle would work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I second this.

We plan every session with different objectives like:

Fill up on ammo at Zelenogorsk.

Go to prison island.

Get to hunters lodge to gather water purifaction tablets.

And so on....but we done all that and clocked around 50+ hours doing basically nothing.

Pleas research past development you'll get ice water in hell before theses devoplers do something positive for this game. Five years of total development and they have actively taken steps backwords. But that's just my opinion, But roughly the entire origanl player leaving this game and at one point It only reaching 3000 active players a day on a good day I think it's a safe opinion to have. To the  fanboys ill stop posting now I realize you don't mind being riped off. And to the deves you had gold in your hands and turned it to lead good job. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lifeofzen said:

Pleas research past development you'll get ice water in hell before theses devoplers do something positive for this game. Five years of total development and they have actively taken steps backwords. But that's just my opinion, But roughly the entire origanl player leaving this game and at one point It only reaching 3000 active players a day on a good day I think it's a safe opinion to have. To the  fanboys ill stop posting now I realize you don't mind being riped off. And to the deves you had gold in your hands and turned it to lead good job. 

You can only get ripped off if you get something you didn't ask for. You knew what dayz was and paid your money. 

• Beans 2

You like DayZ?

You want to spend hours playing it, huh?

You do know that the ALPHA has been around for 5 years now?

Did that not clue you into the fact that you might want to read about WHY it has been ALPHA for so long??

Can you be troubled to read about it for a few minutes?

It's amazing that most of you seem to have paid money for something you absolutely didn't research or have any real understanding of.

Do you have any idea how long people have waited for the features you listed?

We're not getting bikes until after 1.0.

^Did you know that?

Did you read the latest fucking status report?

It mentions that work is happening on vehicles now.

Did you know they scaled back the loot variety to keep data logs easier to manage?

You would if you actually followed development.

I wish you had the objectivity to appreciate what some of you sound like after I've been testing this ALPHA for 5 years.

Don't like the current state of the game?

Go play something else and come back when you read that a stable client was released with the features you want.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Thanks 1

OP is kinda right tho.

Imo we despirately need either day night cycles or disease. Either one would drastically change the game up.

Don't get me wrong, I want tents, etc. too. Just not right now. At this point in time, nothing in-game is permanant. Any new update could wipe the game and all of our progress.

We need bug fixes, day night cycles, and disease before anything else.

2 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

OP is kinda right tho.

Imo we despirately need either day night cycles or disease. Either one would drastically change the game up.

Don't get me wrong, I want tents, etc. too. Just not right now. At this point in time, nothing in-game is permanant. Any new update could wipe the game and all of our progress.

We need bug fixes, day night cycles, and disease before anything else.

Here's the problem.

What you think is a priority, is NOT what needs to be done next to progress development properly.

There is no QoL in an ALPHA, only testing.

Your "fun" is not even secondary.

A client that runs and gives the devs the data they need is most necessary.

If there isn't enough to keep you in the game, come back when you READ that an update with the content you desire has been released.

After 5 years do you think these are new suggestions?

Why is it so difficult for most of you to read the status reports or read about DayZ dev history?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Here's the problem.

What you think is a priority, is NOT what needs to be done next to progress development properly.

If there isn't enough to keep you in the game, come back when you READ that an update with the content you desire has been released.

Why is it so difficult for most of you to read the status reports or read about DayZ dev history?

Some understand the DevOps process. Some do not.

What we as console players understand is simply this... xbox is not PC. nor is the Xbox Marketplace and Game Preview Section, the Steam Early Access section....

When a game comes to console.. it is expected to be stable and nearing completion. If our fun is not secondary, and if QoL is not a priority... That is a joke.

By definition: QoL usually means changes that don't really effect any numbers, just make them behave more like they were intended to.

If you have some other definition of QoL we would love to hear, because PC may have been able to last 5 years with that mentality, but it will not last 5 months if that is the approach

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Skruffy said:

When a game comes to console.. it is expected to be stable and nearing completion. If our fun is not secondary, and if QoL is not a priority... That is a joke.

This is ALPHA (read also Sparta).

Nothing about ALPHA should ever be expected to be stable or near completion.

The Experimental branch is by its own definition "Unstable". In the simplest terms, the purpose of the Experimental branch is for the development team to experiment with builds in a larger user base than our internal QA.
Sometimes that results in us finding issues we cannot catch internally, sometimes that means we can verify fixes on issues with very low reproduction rates. Sometimes the builds are very unstable.

This branch exists for load/volume/stress testing. Those who go through the process of manually opting into this branch (its not super visible - by design) and dealing with whatever issues the current build on it may have, get to sometimes see content and systems not quite ready for prime time. However, that does not mean that is the branches purpose.

As the nature of the Experimental branch is for the above mentioned testing methods, neither uptime, character data, nor stability is guaranteed. Persistence/Character wipes are to be expected!

Quality of life was used in this context as a general term about bugs or enjoyment of the current state of the game.

Your enjoyment is not the main priority.

The features being implemented and the modules being merged in take priority over guns and bikes (which you may consider more fun/more important).

38 minutes ago, Skruffy said:

If you have some other definition of QoL we would love to hear, because PC may have been able to last 5 years with that mentality, but it will not last 5 months if that is the approach

You keep talking like you know how things will go for the future of this project based on your limited scope and experience.

Believe me, you have a lot more to learn about everything DayZ than you think you do.

Anyway, didn't you quit because your stalker made you sad?

"I'm done with this game. I'm done with this forum." - paraphrasing you

It's like the XBox people came through a time warp from 6 years ago.

*smh*

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Your enjoyment is not the main priority.

That is becoming more and more shown as time goes on.

Like ive said, you may have your 5 years of infinite wisdom on the PC and relation to how this game works, but xbox players arent going to put up with the same things that you guys did.

You just took the money you made from xbox and act like we are a joke.

Tell me more about your experience in a consumer market such as game development industry. if you really believe satisfying the customer isnt a priority, then you are the one who needs a good think.

37 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Anyway, didn't you quit because your stalker made you sad?

"I'm done with this game. I'm done with this forum." - paraphrasing you

It's like the XBox people came through a time warp from 6 years ago.

Oh yea, i forgot, i wanted to see the update thread, sorry i have to be on this forum to actually see the update haha. -oh wait, there isnt an update today lol. its not like they promised to try and have an update every week or something

Your past 5 responses in the xbox threads have been nothing but belittling to the xbox community and the players in it. Start acting like a 2012 veteran, and leading the community, not putting them down.

Maybe you are the one stuck in a time warp, he who believes that malpractice and not making the consumer of a video game happy is not a priority. I never said bikes and bases should be. QoL and Bug fixes should be. But maybe you misconstrued that with your false sense of knowledge on how the game industry and consumer marketplace should work

Edited by Skruffy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Skruffy said:

That is becoming more and more shown as time goes on.

What are you talking about???

There is 5 years of evidence for how the standalone has been built.

xbox players arent going to put up with the same things that you guys did.

Ridiculous.

Countless PC players have said ALL of the exact same things you are saying an they simply just give up.

It doesn't matter to me one iota that these are XBox players. I would regard ignorance on the same level from PC players.

"Not going to put up with it"?

Didn't you say you were getting your money back and leaving??

Utterly laughable.

Your past 5 responses in the xbox threads have been nothing but belittling to the xbox community and the players in it. Start acting like a 2012 veteran, and leading the community, not putting them down.

Absolutely not.

I am doing my best to spread clear accurate information and I'm not going to hand out coca with marshmallows when  I do so.

Many of these threads and posts are ignorant, entitled, and lazy-please-do-the work-for-me types of posts.

I tell everyone to use the search function.

I tell everyone to read the status reports.

READ.

You'll dump money and countless hours into a game but never take 30 minutes maybe an hour to READ?

Maybe you are the one stuck in a time warp, he who believes that malpractice and not making the consumer of a video game happy is not a priority. I never said bikes and bases should be. QoL and Bug fixes should be. But maybe you misconstrued that with your false sense of knowledge on how the game industry and consumer marketplace should work

Hahaha, "malpractice", wat?

No, they are not here to make you happy.

If you wanted "happy" you should have waited for 1.0.

Experimental (also see XBox preview versions), is aka unstable builds for a very good reason.

How I believe the industry and consumer market "should" work has nothing to do with how Bohemia handles their Alpha.

I've merely followed them down the path they chose but I do not support many of their decisions.

I have made some very pointed posts criticizing their choices very little of which is in line with my " false sense of knowledge on how the game industry and consumer marketplace should work".

Edit to add text from that thread you so generously linked to:

I believe I get the point, but I also believe what you're likely missing most is content that's really quite close to being implemented.

Though things look bare bones now, once the rest of modules are smooshed in, content will likely be dropping much faster, and then optimization passes will commence.

I've always been critical of the devs when warranted and the 7 month gap without an update that we only quite recently came out of is very poor form to say the least.

If you need all the status effects, items, and vehicles, it's going to be at least 2+ more months, and that's very optimistically speaking.

With the recent bugs taking so long to fix, I see them falling short of currently promised features but pushing something they call 1.0 before 1/1/2019.

The current lull in patches, while not unusual for DayZ dev, is definitely disconcerting when you consider their own current deadlines.

I have seen a lot of things re-worked by the devs, and re-done as well. Having to go over or fix old work that crippled your project shows some major weaknesses in their approach to building their own engine.

People want to call me a white knight or fanboy, but I'm just patient and passionate and (mostly) pragmatic about my feelings around a game. I have enough faith in the vision, and faith in the modding community, to know that I will get a version of DayZ I enjoy for years.

But holy shit, that 7 month drought was an intensely brutal test of that faith....

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣

I've seen so many of you come and go.

rNdppDH.gif

The ignorant encouraging the ignorant....

Such is the world, such is the internet, no?

If you can't handle the next few months of dev, here's another acronym, gtfo until it's done.

Good luck with your refunds oh great and powerful XBox user who won't be denied!!

I'm sure Bill Gates is on a jet to the CZ right now to whip BI into shape.

My heroes!

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣

40 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I've seen so many of you come and go.

The ignorant encouraging the ignorant....

43 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

If you can't handle the next few months of dev, here's another acronym, gtfo until it's done.

Good luck with your refunds oh great and powerful XBox user who won't be denied!!

Such is the "helpful" helping the "helpless" with ridiculous notions of thought like "oh boo hoo, we've been here for 5 years and we are trying to help you"

But what was it you said again? Oh that's right...

"Your enjoyment is not the main priority."

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Here's the problem.

Who said anything about QoL?

Who said anything about fun?

Last time I checked the game was/is on a new engine. So, foh with your 5, 10, 20 years of Day Z dev knowitall attitude.

What ya'll went thru, we won't.

You think Microsoft is waiting 5 years like the way you have been waiting? LMAO foh.

Lead designer already stated we'll be jumping from .63 straight to 1.0 either before the year's out or shortly after. M1ND1R has the interview.

Pretty sure we (xbox players) don't give a shit about Day Z dev history. You PC Day Z OG's are so caught up on that. It's sad.

Moving forward as they say.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

jumping from .63 straight to 1.0 either before the year's out or shortly after.

You realize the numbers are arbitrary, right? lolol

You think Microsoft is waiting 5 years like the way you have been waiting? LMAO foh.

Microsoft waits for nothing. You do.

Pretty sure we (xbox players) don't give a shit about Day Z dev history. You PC Day Z OG's are so caught up on that. It's sad.

Then you'll absolutely never understand why things are the way they are.

It's sad.

You have no idea what you sound like and it's fantastic. <3

1 hour ago, Skruffy said:

Such is the "helpful" helping the "helpless" with ridiculous notions of thought like "oh boo hoo, we've been here for 5 years and we are trying to help you"

But what was it you said again? Oh that's right...

"Your enjoyment is not the main priority."

That's ridiculous?

"Hi, I've sacrificed many hours to get to this point. Here's some helpful information."

I enjoy testing borked shit.

I enjoy the satisfaction of having contributed.

I enjoy the semblance of DayZ standalone in all it's janky glory.

Therefore, I get the best of ALL worlds.

Many thousands have left because they could not.

My enjoyment isn't a priority for devs (see also the months with 0 zombies), testing is. See how that works? Alpha, right?

I'm one of the only people who have bothered to try to offer some help to those who ask good questions or have legitimate complaints voiced well.

But the entitlement and ignorance is too strong. In that regard, you certainly win.

The new guys think they have to act like keyboard warriors rather than maybe embracing the notion that they have a lot to learn.

I get that too.

Wait until they have to roll back a build or a feature doesn't work properly and watch the flood of whining posts.

Just look at the tone of the hit registration posts. Uncalled for and doesn't solve anything or get your point across well.

Just look at the "my gear is gone" threads.

How did you not know your gear was going to get wiped?

You read the sticky thread re: experimental builds, right?

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 1

Alright, this is the second time I performed some cleaning here. This is a final warning before locking the thread.

Stick to the topic, be civil, don't provoke other users in the thread.

Thank you!

• Beans 1

Xbox folk you will get what you want soon - remember (in case you didn't know) - us PC players are running a reduced version too -  for optimization and bug-fixing and testing - MAINLY or TOTALLY for the benefit of Xbox .. I do seriously believe.    It is IMPORTANT for BI that Xbox RUNS.. so they will NOT be hanging back.. AT ALL.. PC and Xbox will be side by side very shortly.

that is about the BEST info  BI can give you.. because - seriously - you do NOT WANT to hear a two hour explanation of net code, and the technical DETAILS of how this programmer has to ensure the controller and the server totally agree with each other. (well, some folk DO want to hear that, but they're just  STRANGE.. right?)

so on Xbox you have 24h daylight... that's unfortunate (but wont last) firstly because watching a DayZ sunrise/sunset from a high place overlooking the sea can be a graphically  completely unforgettable experience. Totally neat.
You'll have that soon. 
When the base of the game is rock solid BI will pour in the rest and you'll be up to your necks in it. This is how they work. and when Xbox and DayZ really RUN, both up to the same game complexity (neither of us  Xbox or PC are there right now), - even then the game will go on changing. always has, always will.. You paid once and now it's free for life - play for 25+  years if you want.  From here on it's free and it gets better.. Xbox folk will still be arguing about minor or major changes in 5 years.. Betcha.

Meanwhile, us poor PC sods are on our reduced-game PCs, and - in case you didn't know -  it RAINS in TORRENTS almost continuously (except when it's "just raining normally"). PC is like a Tropical Rain Forest in the WET season except COLD.  So we spend our time sitting damp or soaked under dripping trees in the woods, getting soaked making fires, peering out through the mist, or hide in huts and listen to the sound effect of "heavy rain" on the roof.

This is what I mostly did ALL weekend. On PC.
"Bit of raw chicken anyone?"  - The big advantage of PC Experimental right now is you can drink mud without dying of Cholera. 

ENJOY

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

@pilgrim* - I would have voted up your last answer as the correct one, if it was possible.

Thanks for the clarification.

• Beans 1

Wow, pc guys get super up set cause someone wants a tiny bit of progress. As op I literally don't care what they do as long as something is done to add a little bit of change to the game play. 

10 minutes ago, Gene Pearson said:

Wow, pc guys get super up set cause someone wants a tiny bit of progress. As op I literally don't care what they do as long as something is done to add a little bit of change to the game play. 

PC guy here :)

Im as cool as a cucumber about development.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, OrLoK said:

PC guy here :)

Im as cool as a cucumber about development.

You're also part of the 'forum team'. It's like saying your girlfriend looks nice even though she doesn't, you have to.

I'm chill dude, games not even been out 2months. Fallout 4, battlefield 4, R6 Siege etc etc took like a whole year or updates to iron god awful game breaking bugs out and they were supposedly triple A titles from gigantic studios with thousands of people on the dev team. All of them were great games & still are but until you get players to play test modern games it's almost impossible to find these bugs. Take DayZ for example, it's bullet mechanics are more complex than   BF 4 & Siege put together , it's has background sickness, temperature, blood level mechanics operations aswell as a full skeletal stem complete with vital organs for critical hits etc and it's trying to synchronise   those across 60people across a 100square mile map whilst calculating animals, zombies, weater effects etc. You need thousands upon thousands of hours played, bullets fired & items picked up & consumed before you can track bugs in order to replicate and fix them. The hardest part was creating a new engine actually capable of running this game , which we all have now which should enable faster development going forward & the neat ability to run and jump without tripping over a small rock and snapping both legs only to crawl for an hour to your death, so trust the game had got significantly better on many sides in respect to mechanics. People frustrations ATM especially on console is due to the PvP elements being all kinds of janky with reload bugs, total weapon failures, hit registration issues etc, this is bound to cause some salt as nobody likes to feel cheated out of a fair , honest gun fight. 

But the devs are working on these issues and many others & until there fixed adding more items, weapons etc will just create more or worse bugs. I understand peoples eagerness to move forward but they have stated the plan for the next few months and all going well before Xmas we should have quite a lot of big fixes and quite a lot of new content all going well. and I'm sure a QOL controller refig will be in the works to allow hold breathe, freelook and a true assignment of change fire mode before then too

Edited by TheYetiBum

2 hours ago, droefheid said:

You're also part of the 'forum team'. It's like saying your girlfriend looks nice even though she doesn't, you have to.

that's where you're wrong ;)

Part of my joining the mod team involved me stating that i wanted my own opinion.

they chortled and said "fine! everyone does anyhoo!"

now, you can believe that or not but it's true.

Indeed, search through my post history here and on Steam or the other BI game's forums.

Youll see I have my own independent thoughts and feels.

;)

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

As to the game, don't forget it's not actually "released" yet, rather part of a programme to enable supporters to get their paws on it early.

(and I believe test it free on the Xbox for a bit?)

regardless, it's far from complete and there's lots of good stuff just around the corner (probably an extra bug or two also!)

• Beans 1

As the dust settles around the hype for the Xbox release of DayZ,  many of the new and enthusiastic console players will come to realize that this game is not what cleverly edited and action filled YouTube videos make it seem.

The great majority of these fervent console gamers have no first hand experience with DayZ. The frantic fire fights and engaging social interactions they have seen so often on YouTube are but a small part (if at all), of what takes place during the average gaming session. Nor have most of them probably followed or taken part in the lengthy forums debates and game development discussions which have unfolded over the last few years among PC players.

So you can't really blame them for the "I want it all and I want it now" attitude many express. Lack of knowledge coupled with "third party edited" expectations causes rather predictable behaviors.

Over time, many Xbox players will lose interest in DayZ realizing that it is not really what they expected and/or that the development and additional game feature implementations is too slow. Nothing new under the sun!

Maybe BI should have taken into consideration the more "casual" gaming nature of most console players (no offence intended), and tailored their DayZ version accordingly. It's a niche game for PC and will probably end up being a niche game for the console players too.