jedimfp

How To Actually Quick-Reload With "Y"

found this video and works,this guy is genius and thank you 

dont hold LT !!!

Edited by jedimfp
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, McPhorce said:

Yes... Can't believe this is still unknown to people...

Why? Because you think every owner of this game are registered on these forums? Read BI twitter daily? Check discord every 15 minutes? Read everything on DayZ.com? Check all streams?

There is a thing called life...

How didn't people not know that you simply tap Y . Why would you even think you would hold LT and press Y? It's in the main menu of the game under controls for godsake lol. Pressing LT and Y not only fires a single round that only other players can hear but also has a high chance of bugging your gun or magazine out so that all bullets fired won't register hits. 

I didn't realise how many inept console gamers there were until reading posts in this forum, well done to the original poster of this threads but there's already been about fifty similar names threads already and I still find people in game reloading in the most extreme and counterproductive ways imaginable and wondering why there guns stop working. Surely taking five minutes to look at the controls option in the main menu would have saved hundreds of people a lot of wasted time

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

8 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

Why? Because you think every owner of this game are registered on these forums? Read BI twitter daily? Check discord every 15 minutes? Read everything on DayZ.com? Check all streams?

There is a thing called life...

Dude there's literally a controls tab in the main game menu from day one of release that clearly states tap Y TO RELOAD. no forum membership necessary, just the ability to read. So yeah it's pretty damn surprising the pure volume of people who reload in twenty different and wrong ways on this game

Edited by TheYetiBum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

16 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

..//.. There is a thing called life... ..//..

I have heard people speak of this thing. I think I know of it.. it is big like a backpack, yes?  It has many-many things in it. Some of these things we know and some we do not know, but we must carry them still without knowing because it is in our life. I have heard of this. Yes, certainly. I remember, an old blind man spoke of it in the village. It was long ago.  Where he went away after that, I do not know. How can we know these things?  They are like the things in our life that we must carry with us, not knowing. It is like a backpack, is it not? But if a fish is alive, what does it carry? If the sky is alive what does it dream? If a man is alive, what does he wish for? Is not this - the thing you speak of?

Edited by pilgrim*
~
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

I have heard people speak of this thing. I think I know of it.. it is big like a backpack, yes?  It has many-many things in it. Some of these things we know and some we do not know, but we must carry them still without knowing because it is in our life. I have heard of this. Yes, certainly. I remember, an old blind man spoke of it in the village. It was long ago.  Where he went away after that, I do not know. How can we know these things?  They are like the things in our life that we must carry with us, not knowing. It is like a backpack, is it not? But if a fish is alive, what does it carry? If the sky is alive what does it dream? If a man is alive, what does he wish for? Is not this - the thing you speak of?

You sir understand the internet, life & how both should be played upon. Much love <3

• Beans 1

Good evening lads,

please try to not insult each other, especially when someone's just trying to help. Even if it may be stating the obvious.

Sometimes stating the obvious is necessary. Not everyone can be a genius like myself.

Ta,

A.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

10 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

How didn't people not know that you simply tap Y . Why would you even think you would hold LT and press Y?

Because it works in other games?

Also...it works in this game BUT it is flawed, causing a bug. If the developers did not want this, how come it is coded so that if you hold LT and press Y...it reload? Because it was intended and coded that way....but a bug appeared.

Weird huh?

• Like 1

Just throwing this in to this post ... double tapping "Y" makes a gun shot sound that can be heard by other players but not you ... though it doesn't actually fire a round. 

On 10/9/2018 at 4:56 PM, Accolyte said:

Good evening lads,

please try to not insult each other, especially when someone's just trying to help. Even if it may be stating the obvious.

Sometimes stating the obvious is necessary. Not everyone can be a genius like myself.

Ta,

A.

What would become of the internet without all the smart ass replies from people?

On 10 October 2018 at 7:51 AM, bent.toe said:

Because it works in other games?

Also...it works in this game BUT it is flawed, causing a bug. If the developers did not want this, how come it is coded so that if you hold LT and press Y...it reload? Because it was intended and coded that way....but a bug appeared.

Weird huh?

I'm assuming as the buttons only currently assigned are the ones on the controller options menu showing all key bindings ingame. But currently button pushs have the ablility to overlap such as holding LT & Y will complete the reload animation as if your just pushing Y but because L is being pushed and held before hand it causes the bug of a shot being fired for other players to hear and often bugs that magazine causing it to become stuck in the gun making a gun useless. This overlapping of button pushes is probably in to allow micromanagement to work as you have to hold A and scroll left, right and up , down from one inventory to another. My assumption is that the ghost reload is a result of other button combinations interacting not being fully addressed yet so that those combinations can be blocked off and ones required left accessible, but I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

I'm assuming as the buttons only currently assigned are the ones on the controller options menu showing all key bindings ingame. But currently button pushs have the ablility to overlap such as holding LT & Y will complete the reload animation as if your just pushing Y but because L is being pushed and held before hand it causes the bug of a shot being fired for other players to hear and often bugs that magazine causing it to become stuck in the gun making a gun useless. This overlapping of button pushes is probably in to allow micromanagement to work as you have to hold A and scroll left, right and up , down from one inventory to another. My assumption is that the ghost reload is a result of other button combinations interacting not being fully addressed yet so that those combinations can be blocked off and ones required left accessible, but I could be wrong.

Probably correct assumption.

Hopefully they adress this asap.