Carrorv2

Server merge

Hey everyone 

On Xbox there only seems to be 1/2 servers maxed out at time. Would it be possible to implement a server merge system? If a server drops below let's say 20 players 2 or more servers should put all the players in the same server. This will stop people loot hopping and 99% of servers being empty!!!

Any comments would be welcome or if we could get a dev to read this maybe it's something they might look into.

Thanks 

xXCarrotv2Xxx

43 minutes ago, Carrorv2 said:

Hey everyone 

On Xbox there only seems to be 1/2 servers maxed out at time. Would it be possible to implement a server merge system? If a server drops below let's say 20 players 2 or more servers should put all the players in the same server. This will stop people loot hopping and 99% of servers being empty!!!

Any comments would be welcome or if we could get a dev to read this maybe it's something they might look into.

Thanks 

xXCarrotv2Xxx

I cant see this ever going down. Because there are a lot of players who want to just play solo or in smaller servers. I mean at times I just want to jump in and travel the land and see what the game has to offer etc. So yes it would be nice for a lot of interaction but they will never force ppl to do that. That and server hopping ghosting etc has always been an issue since day one. They can only do so much to stop it really. We kind of are just on the honor system and always will be. Just proves to you what kind of players we have on xbox tho tbh. ,e and my buddy killed a chap and his tm ran into a house and we locked him in and was trying to talk to him and would of let him go maybe.... but he just logged so it was kind of dumb. The game will change I swear when we get tents and cars etc. PPl will have a stash and wont be so worried about dying as much and there will be more interaction. I'm very hopeful!

• Like 1

The major problem with this is persistence.  Back in the early days of SA basebuilding, it was a constant annoyance when official servers would get decommissioned and assigned to community rented servers.

Population fluctuations are random.  It would be unfortunate if you and your friends spent the better part of a week setting up a base, only for other servers to be high pop at the moment and have your base server shut down to force players into the more populated server at the moment.

i truly hope that once tents and barrels are back in, that BI will have a few servers on the official hive designated as permanent.

• Beans 2

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

The major problem with this is persistence.  Back in the early days of SA basebuilding, it was a constant annoyance when official servers would get decommissioned and assigned to community rented servers.

Population fluctuations are random.  It would be unfortunate if you and your friends spent the better part of a week setting up a base, only for other servers to be high pop at the moment and have your base server shut down to force players into the more populated server at the moment.

i truly hope that once tents and barrels are back in, that BI will have a few servers on the official hive designated as permanent.

TRUE - very True  ..  YES !!   - Let's hope THAT is SORTED.

Not so sure about a merge but would just love the server number dropped. I plat on SG and most servers just have 1-3 players on them. Max 20 is what I've seen.

Lower servers = higher players.

When I first started playing, I was on high pop servers. After getting a baptism by fire and dying of hunger / thirst or being killed by players far more geared than myself shortly after spawning, I started going to lower pop servers just to get somewhat familiarized with the map and mechanics without the fear of dying immediately. Since becoming far more comfortable with my ability to survive, I've been back to mid and high pop servers. Remember that many people are using lower pop servers for squad based training, looting, gearing or just getting orientated with mapping, directions or generally just used to surviving the game. It's a huge map to explore and I imagine there are others who would just like to get the feel of an area without being sniped or stalked.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Molecular Drift 1.0 said:

When I first started playing, I was on high pop servers. After getting a baptism by fire and dying of hunger / thirst or being killed by players far more geared than myself shortly after spawning, I started going to lower pop servers just to get somewhat familiarized with the map and mechanics without the fear of dying immediately. Since becoming far more comfortable with my ability to survive, I've been back to mid and high pop servers. Remember that many people are using lower pop servers for squad based training, looting, gearing or just getting orientated with mapping, directions or generally just used to surviving the game. It's a huge map to explore and I imagine there are others who would just like to get the feel of an area without being sniped or stalked.

Completely agree with you.

I like the fact many low pop servers exist and remain as they are.

Most of the time, as you mentioned, folks have other reasons for wanting low counts. Which also usually means they’re less likely to engage in PvP, as most of those types of players stick to higher pops.

• Like 1

It's unlikely, despite the fact a lot of players will use a low pop sever to free loot, and make ground without opposition... the Devs aren't stupid enough to risk providing us a fix that would consequently upset a portion of the player base.

I to however totally think they should just give these players a single player offline mode, then incorporate a sever based instance system much like many MMOs do for the multiplayer.

However, this is unlikely... for now your best bet to stay populated and avoid the cowards and hoppers is to stick to a single hive. Once we have private severs we should be seeing a lot less issues surrounding the topic as people wont be able to bring easily geared characters from a low pop into actual player populated severs. This should help with your issue of not seeing many high pop severs, as I can tell you now the reason for this is because most people are to piss scared to get anything done around people so they run away to a sever with 3 people to get loot because that's what they find fun.

Ps. This rant is not directed towards new players, but towards veteran players who feel the need to go hide away in a mid to low pop. If you cant train, walk around, or get anything done in a 60 player sever, then you're not going to make it long anyways.

Edited by PureMarksman
  • Like 1