delpoi

Loot needs sorting...

Hi,

I know the game is all about survival I get that and it's one of the reasons I bought it but the loot is a mess, when you spawn in no matter what houses or buildings I check it's always the same tracksuit pants a hat or jacket; and because the map is so huge with no transport I end up dying before I can get anywhere to find something...am not suggesting put loads of good loot in for people who've just spawned into a new game but how about the basics, a knife food and water then make it towards the built up areas be nice not dying of thirst or hunger before I can fight ?

Do not sprint initially.

Do not spend time close to the coast on a busy server.

Search fruit trees and look for ponds. Use a map to find drinkable bodies of water or wells in towns.

We are also currently playing with a reduced loot selection to keep data gleaned from logs as clean as possible.

Infected have a chance for cans of food and other items in their inventory.

Before posting new topics, please search your subject for existing threads of the same ilk.

Here are some links and info for newer contributors.

What you think should be a priority for your enjoyment may not be a priority for the progression of the game at large.

If you find the current state of the central economy and loot tables makes for a less than desirable experience, you should probably step away from DayZ Alpha until more balancing has been done.

Also, future modded versions of the game will give you everything from super scarce survival based versions to 0 survival PvP instant kit versions where you spawn next to your friends with a humvee.

If waiting for all of that troubles you now, there's going to be some rough patches ahead while all of the mechanics are adjusted.

I'm looking forward to how the new players deal with cold/hot and wetness.

Oh boy, can't wait for those threads....

• Like 1

I've got 11 days worth of play time on xbox so far and haven't died once from lack of food or water. I'd advise googling a decent SA 0.63 map, or try reddit or one of the dayz map apps . Personally I'd rather they made food and water spawns rarer than they currently are. Pretty much every single small boat on the coastline has a tin of food or can of soft drink next to or under it and there spaced out every 50m or so & bodies of water and streams are frequent all over the map. The game has a steep learning curve, it is a hardcore survival game after all. Once the rain and cold can kill you aswell as all diseases are implemented you'll be wishing it was back to it's current build. 

Edited by TheYetiBum
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

What you think should be a priority for your enjoyment may not be a priority for the progression of the game at large.

If you find the current state of the central economy and loot tables makes for a less than desirable experience, you should probably step away from DayZ Alpha until more balancing has been done.

Also, future modded versions of the game will give you everything from super scarce survival based versions to 0 survival PvP instant kit versions where you spawn next to your friends with a humvee.

If waiting for all of that troubles you now, there's going to be some rough patches ahead while all of the mechanics are adjusted.

I'm looking forward to how the new players deal with cold/hot and wetness.

Oh boy, can't wait for those threads....

Gimme dat cold and wetness, heck throw in all the diseases too.

as far as I'm concerned this is EZ DAYZ right now. God I'm cooking all my meat and purifying all my water & carrying a spare waterproof coat for when it rains in preparation all ready. 

• Beans 1