SirRoberts

Guns don’t work

I shot someone upperbody, 11 times. They didn’t die. I died after one hit.

I left pubg because of the lack of updates. 

Please don’t make the same mistake or your game will never get off the ground

Sort this out.

13 minutes ago, SirRoberts said:

Sort this out.

Yea they know about it and are working on it same as the reload problem. 

You got the gun shooting blanks issue that is a known issue. You must have reloaded incorrectly or using the method to glitch you out, probably by using Y.

If you reload the official way, by ejecting the mag into inventory then combining the gun with a new mag you wont face these issues.

Please post steps to reproduce your result so the team can better understand how to mitigate your issues

• Beans 3

9 hours ago, SirRoberts said:

Sort this out.

Oh no guys, he threatening to quit, we better do something. Dude, go ahead and leave, no one will notice, people have been making that threat since mod. Making threats will not speed up the devs at all. Make yourself useful or don't post.

Yep I see this a lot, I stay away from the M4 as it's completely unpredictable. I've seen team mates put half a magazine into someone, heard the shots & saw several blood splatters and the guy didn't go down. It's not just ghost rounds from people pressing LT and Y to reload, even tho that 100% bugs guns out. I've simply pressed Y to switch mag everytime I log in and switch to full auto in my AKM and haven't had a single issue of bullets not registering so far. But the hit reg on the M4 seems buggy as hell atm, the rate if fires considerably faster so maybe server tick rate just can't handle it on a full server. Also never fire from The hip as the recoil is insane, try spraying a wall at five meters in hip fire, within 4 rounds your hitting the sky even if your gun looks steady on screen. Devs are working on all issues with gunplay though and it's not just console having these issues with damage registration etc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheCreeper (DayZ) said:

Oh no guys, he threatening to quit, we better do something. Dude, go ahead and leave, no one will notice, people have been making that threat since mod. Making threats will not speed up the devs at all. Make yourself useful or don't post.

Lol. I also see this post a lot. 

Have you seen pubgs player base on Xbox one recently? It’s probably a quarter of what it was at launch and that had a more promising start than dayz. I’m only echoing the thoughts of the people who cannot be bothered to even sign up to this forum to complain. They’ll just leave. I’m doing this game a service as I enjoy it. Your attitude is doing it a disservice as your content with mediocrity. Maybe you’ll enjoy playing with no one?

seems though. How bout making yourself useful and reporting bugs instead of using this a social platform.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bombarding said:

You got the gun shooting blanks issue that is a known issue. You must have reloaded incorrectly or using the method to glitch you out, probably by using Y.

If you reload the official way, by ejecting the mag into inventory then combining the gun with a new mag you wont face these issues.

Please post steps to reproduce your result so the team can better understand how to mitigate your issues

No, it wasn’t ghosted bullets as I saw blood spatter.

unless ghosted bullets do make blood spatter? I’m unsure. I’ll try and make a video next time 

6 hours ago, SirRoberts said:

Lol. I also see this post a lot. 

Have you seen pubgs player base on Xbox one recently? It’s probably a quarter of what it was at launch and that had a more promising start than dayz. I’m only echoing the thoughts of the people who cannot be bothered to even sign up to this forum to complain. They’ll just leave. I’m doing this game a service as I enjoy it. Your attitude is doing it a disservice as your content with mediocrity. Maybe you’ll enjoy playing with no one?

seems though. How bout making yourself useful and reporting bugs instead of using this a social platform.

However, the console community begged for SA on their systems, and it was warned well ahead of time that there would be issues, and now that it's not be resolved in a manner that you deem timely, you threaten action. I'm not the one living in a delusional state where they think the have any say or or power in anything. I have done my service to this community a thousand fold, I just rarely have time for fools such as yourself, so feel honored that I made the time. When you've raged quit and demanded your money back, I will still be here. Now as previously stated, you can make useful posts, helping with the development of this game, or you can stay this course of ignorance to it's final conclusion. The choice is yours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheCreeper (DayZ) said:

However, the console community begged for SA on their systems, and it was warned well ahead of time that there would be issues, and now that it's not be resolved in a manner that you deem timely, you threaten action. I'm not the one living in a delusional state where they think the have any say or or power in anything. I have done my service to this community a thousand fold, I just rarely have time for fools such as yourself, so feel honored that I made the time. When you've raged quit and demanded your money back, I will still be here. Now as previously stated, you can make useful posts, helping with the development of this game, or you can stay this course of ignorance to it's final conclusion. The choice is yours.

Oh, it’s you. There’s one of you on every forum. More talk than actual play. Always has a point and always delivered acerbically.  If you’re looking to not report bugs. I suggest you go outside. It’ll be good for you, believe me. Don’t be afraid of the big shiny thing in the sky. It won’t hurt you.

I am honoured that you’ve taken the time to respond to my grievance. It’s ironic since you’re don’t actually have a console, and yet you’re posting here.

I’ll complain all I damn want; I spent 30 gbp on this game. I don’t mind the bugs, I mind the inaction and lack of communication from the developers, it’s very amateur and like pubg, and now pubg no longer has a fan base. 

Why don’t you scoot off the pc forum and annoy someone else.

idiot 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, SirRoberts said:

one hit?  - so where is the <Guns Don't Work>  in that ?  .. please don't jump on me for asking .. thanks.   I'm just passing through seeing a one hit kill with a strange headline..

seems like some  Xboxers are keen to start their own threads but NOT keen to read other player's threads.. am I right?  The result is a hundred threads with just one or two posts in each, plus ONLY a few threads with real discussion and info exchange going on - and THOSE are swamped by groan-groan go-nowhere same-same me-me threads and never get read by 90% of Xboxers who just want to START their own THREAD EVERY DAY.. then let it drop, or use it to exchange some insults. 

But seriously, don't ever READ any other Xbox threads or you might FIND the answer BEFORE you post.. Then all you can post is <thanx> at the bottom of the thread, and that really ain't Macho.

ONE SHOT KILL eh ? - nice.    you got a video of that?

MY beef is it rained in DayZ Exp. ALL weekend but I aint going to START a THREAD about it.

(or maybe I might... )

1 minute ago, pilgrim* said:

one hit?  - so where is the <Guns Don't Work>  in that ?  .. please don't jump on me for asking .. thanks.   I'm just passing through seeing a one hit kill with a strange headline..

seems like some  Xboxers are keen to start their own threads but NOT keen to read other player's threads.. am I right?  The result is a hundred threads with just one or two posts in each, plus ONLY a few threads with real discussion and info exchange going on - and THOSE are swamped by groan-groan go-nowhere same-same me-me threads and never get read by 90% of Xboxers who just want to START their own THREAD EVERY DAY.. then let it drop, or use it to exchange some insults. 

But seriously, don't ever READ any other Xbox threads or you might FIND the answer BEFORE you post.. Then all you can post is <thanx> at the bottom of the thread, and that really ain't Macho.

MY beef is it rained in DayZ Exp. ALL weekend but I aint going to START a THREAD about it.

(or maybe I might... )

I see the thread has been made multiple times. Yet there hasn’t been an official response from the devs. I’m hoping to drive it home to them, keep it front line and center, I mean, it is a survival game after all, how are you supposed to survive if the guns don’t work? 

Not really sure what there is to discuss, a vital part of the game doesn’t work and requires attention. I understand there are certain people on this forum that use this as some kind of social hang out. But I’m here to report bugs so there is a community left in the near future. 

If you do decide to start a thread, I’d recommend if it goes in the PC forum. From the sounds of it, it doesn’t sound like you’re a console player.

toodlepip

1 hour ago, SirRoberts said:

I see the thread has been made multiple times. Yet there hasn’t been an official response from the devs. I’m hoping to drive it home to them, keep it front line and center, I mean, it is a survival game after all, how are you supposed to survive if the guns don’t work? 

Not really sure what there is to discuss, a vital part of the game doesn’t work and requires attention. I understand there are certain people on this forum that use this as some kind of social hang out. But I’m here to report bugs so there is a community left in the near future. 

If you do decide to start a thread, I’d recommend if it goes in the PC forum. From the sounds of it, it doesn’t sound like you’re a console player.

toodlepip

you know how to make a Bug Report ??     Go do it.

[ < one shot kill >  bet that got you mad , hehe  - somebody's gun was working for sure ]

p.s. I'm a DayZ Player, that ok by you?

Just helping out you newcomers as best I can. If you want trade insults you'll have to find a mirror.

Yes you understand CORRECTLY; there are certain people on this forum that use this as "some kind of social hang out."

Edited by pilgrim*
~

8 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

you know how to make a Bug Report ??     Go do it.

[ < one shot kill >  bet that got you mad , hehe  - somebody's gun was working for sure ]

p.s. I'm a DayZ Player, that ok by you?

Just helping out you newcomers as best I can. If you want trade insults you'll have to find a mirror.

Yes you understand CORRECTLY; there are certain people on this forum that use this as "some kind of social hang out."

Hmmm. Okay not really sure what use you are on an Xbox forum but I won’t get in the way of your social time.

Thank you for antagonising me when I’m trying to report a bug.

You’re a real asset to this community

26 minutes ago, SirRoberts said:

18 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

Yep I see this a lot, I stay away from the M4 as it's completely unpredictable. I've seen team mates put half a magazine into someone, heard the shots & saw several blood splatters and the guy didn't go down. It's not just ghost rounds from people pressing LT and Y to reload, even tho that 100% bugs guns out. I've simply pressed Y to switch mag everytime I log in and switch to full auto in my AKM and haven't had a single issue of bullets not registering so far. But the hit reg on the M4 seems buggy as hell atm, the rate if fires considerably faster so maybe server tick rate just can't handle it on a full server. Also never fire from The hip as the recoil is insane, try spraying a wall at five meters in hip fire, within 4 rounds your hitting the sky even if your gun looks steady on screen. Devs are working on all issues with gunplay though and it's not just console having these issues with damage registration etc.

I've had such cases numerous times until today my m4 worked like a charm. Every bullet registered surprisingly good, no jams, no nothing. Propably reloaded 20times in 2hour period leaving 13 bodies behind. The thing is to reload like you said through inventory and only use magazines of 29bullets. Don't know if that's it but something is right.

Edited by nikoor

7 hours ago, SirRoberts said:

Oh, it’s you. There’s one of you on every forum. More talk than actual play. Always has a point and always delivered acerbically.  If you’re looking to not report bugs. I suggest you go outside. It’ll be good for you, believe me. Don’t be afraid of the big shiny thing in the sky. It won’t hurt you.

I am honoured that you’ve taken the time to respond to my grievance. It’s ironic since you’re don’t actually have a console, and yet you’re posting here.

I’ll complain all I damn want; I spent 30 gbp on this game. I don’t mind the bugs, I mind the inaction and lack of communication from the developers, it’s very amateur and like pubg, and now pubg no longer has a fan base. 

Why don’t you scoot off the pc forum and annoy someone else.

idiot 

This is a public forum, I am free to post where ever I like. I love that you try to make me seem like some sort of shut in because you can not argue my points, you try to insult me, If you want to go that route. I own my own house, jeep, work massive amounts of overtime, do as I please with my money. I have seen more and done more in the first 21 years of my life than you ever will, I'm almost 40 now. You cry because you blew 30 Good Boy Points when you could have got tendies instead of this game, go back to /r9k/ with the rest of your kind.

6 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Love you too, buddy =)

6 hours ago, SirRoberts said:

Hmmm. Okay not really sure what use you are on an Xbox forum but I won’t get in the way of your social time.

You’re a real asset to this community

First off, you didn't even report it as a bug, you posted it in a way to try to flex your e-peen and try to act as if you could damage the player base because the game was not proceeding to your liking. Second, you couldn't be bothered to even click on " report a bug " or maybe your mind is just that simple. Third, Pilgrim has done more for this community than you ever will.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Opinions gents..that’s what the forums are all about. 

Seems like OP was just looking to vent a bit, however stoking the flames has not proved any more constructive to the thread.

Let’s try and keep it above the belt..

9 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

(or maybe I might... )

Agreed, but do we really need pc elitism? It's getting old now. Just because we're 'xboxers' that doesn't make us stupid. I see plenty of PC forums where there are multiple threads on the same topic because they couldn't be bothered to read through old posts too. I don't see why forum users feel the need to resort to insults to make their points, however valid they may be. 

8 hours ago, TheCreeper (DayZ) said:

This is a public forum, I am free to post where ever I like. I love that you try to make me seem like some sort of shut in because you can not argue my points, you try to insult me, If you want to go that route. I own my own house, jeep, work massive amounts of overtime, do as I please with my money. I have seen more and done more in the first 21 years of my life than you ever will, I'm almost 40 now. You cry because you blew 30 Good Boy Points when you could have got tendies instead of this game, go back to /r9k/ with the rest of your kind.

Love you too, buddy =)

First off, you didn't even report it as a bug, you posted it in a way to try to flex your e-peen and try to act as if you could damage the player base because the game was not proceeding to your liking. Second, you couldn't be bothered to even click on " report a bug " or maybe your mind is just that simple. Third, Pilgrim has done more for this community than you ever will.

It’s ironic you call this a public forum and you’re free to post whatever, but your first post was telling me to post useful things or don’t post at all. 

It’s not a good sign when you have to brag about your achievements on the internet. It really doesn’t surprise me you were flipping burgers a few years back.

Youre trying to defend the indefensible, the game has features many of which don’t work, and you can rattle the ‘it’s only in preview’ Bell all day long, at the end of the end day this game is 6 years old and is still struggling with basic things. You may have another 6 years to wait. I do not.

Take care of yourself pc player. I might go the pc forum and antagonise people there. 

Id love to know what you did in the first 21 years of your life, you’re one of the guys that actually left America once? Congratulations mr culture vulture 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, SirRoberts said:

It’s ironic you call this a public forum and you’re free to post whatever, but your first post was telling me to post useful things or don’t post at all. 

It’s not a good sign when you have to brag about your achievements on the internet. It really doesn’t surprise me you were flipping burgers a few years back.

Youre trying to defend the indefensible, the game has features many of which don’t work, and you can rattle the ‘it’s only in preview’ Bell all day long, at the end of the end day this game is 6 years old and is still struggling with basic things. You may have another 6 years to wait. I do not.

Take care of yourself pc player. I might go the pc forum and antagonise people there. 

Id love to know what you did in the first 21 years of your life, you’re one of the guys that actually left America once? Congratulations mr culture vulture 

And again, you can only try to attack me, pitifully as it is, not my argument.I do not need to defend or explain myself to you. I've proven my point and have no further time to waste on you.

4 minutes ago, TheCreeper (DayZ) said:

And again, you can only try to attack me, pitifully as it is, not my argument.I do not need to defend or explain myself to you. I've proven my point and have no further time to waste on you.

I’ve just checked, anyone actually asking for help in a topic you haven’t  replied to. You just mostly show up in a topic to be annoying. Can I give you a piece of advice, when you feel that urge. Just ignore it.

take care 

Edited by SirRoberts
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 09/10/2018 at 1:17 AM, irmensul said:

7.63 single shot rifle doesn't work also not enough stuff propagating

Which gauge gun? Are you talking about the mosin bolt action? I haven't found any issues yet. 

Regarding loot, look harder maybe. It's not supposed to be easy like minecraft. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy