Sign in to follow this  
King Arawn

"The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" - A Dayz Idea...

If any one of you has had the pleasure of watching the spaghetti western, Sergio Leone classic then stick with me here... and if you haven't, I implore you to keep reading.. as I have a concept; An idea which I would love to express to the DayZ community at large so that we can all add or subtract from the concept. Or y'know... rip it to pieces.

Briefly, within the movie "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" a group of ill-mannered, hardened cowboys are forced to align for a short amount of time and travel throughout a lawless, wild west in quest of a shared goal - "...Fortune and glory, kid". Within the movie, one of the outlaws has a map to buried treasure and must follow clues and travel great distances within an unforgiving land to go and claim it. Of course, others won't let him claim this so easily. (Forgive me, movie details are largely simplified within context of discussion)

Imagine, rather like the implementation of clue maps within Runescape's MMORPG experience, DayZ has a randomly generated clue map, this map can be found/attained by any player within your current server and cannot be transferred, it is the only item within the server that has no generated copy; this map would give the player various illustrated hints which would lead them to... well, BURIED. FREAKING. TREASURE. This clue map is interactive and certainly destructible. You can burn or eat the map, combine it with paper and copy the map or, of course, keep it intact. This addition will encourage greater communication within the game and lead to an enormous and varied display of interaction between players or clans. Imagine discovering the map and having to take the risk of working together with a stranger in order to find the hidden fortune... Imagine eating, burning or hiding the map somewhere, and using your memorised account of the clues as a bargaining tool against the more aggressive breed of player! I've been infatuated with the idea of a spaghetti western-esque game experience within DayZ, where players are encouraged to work together in a brand new way. Imagine you have ventured far into this Eastern European wasteland, double-crossed, murdered and lied your way to the indicated location... you dig up a chest filled to the brim with military loot and rare items, accessories. You have succeeded. You have won. You have the glory.

The best part about DayZ, for me, are the experiences shared throughout an interacting community and the stories we share amongst your friends or YouTube, Twitch etc. I have a few silly ideas like this one that I will no doubt share in the future on this forum, so I apologise in advance. However, I hope you would agree that I can think of no greater tale of adventure and endurance quite like the individual or shared quest for fortune and glory! I implore you to build upon and critique this idea... so that the game within its current infancy can grow into something unique and brilliant.

Cheers for enduring the cringe,

Arawn

• Like 2

18 hours ago, King Arawn said:

If any one of you has had the pleasure of watching the spaghetti western, Sergio Leone classic then stick with me here... and if you haven't, I implore you to keep reading.. as I have a concept; An idea which I would love to express to the DayZ community at large so that we can all add or subtract from the concept. Or y'know... rip it to pieces.

Briefly, within the movie "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" a group of ill-mannered, hardened cowboys are forced to align for a short amount of time and travel throughout a lawless, wild west in quest of a shared goal - "...Fortune and glory, kid". Within the movie, one of the outlaws has a map to buried treasure and must follow clues and travel great distances within an unforgiving land to go and claim it. Of course, others won't let him claim this so easily. (Forgive me, movie details are largely simplified within context of discussion)

Imagine, rather like the implementation of clue maps within Runescape's MMORPG experience, DayZ has a randomly generated clue map, this map can be found/attained by any player within your current server and cannot be transferred, it is the only item within the server that has no generated copy; this map would give the player various illustrated hints which would lead them to... well, BURIED. FREAKING. TREASURE. This clue map is interactive and certainly destructible. You can burn or eat the map, combine it with paper and copy the map or, of course, keep it intact. This addition will encourage greater communication within the game and lead to an enormous and varied display of interaction between players or clans. Imagine discovering the map and having to take the risk of working together with a stranger in order to find the hidden fortune... Imagine eating, burning or hiding the map somewhere, and using your memorised account of the clues as a bargaining tool against the more aggressive breed of player! I've been infatuated with the idea of a spaghetti western-esque game experience within DayZ, where players are encouraged to work together in a brand new way. Imagine you have ventured far into this Eastern European wasteland, double-crossed, murdered and lied your way to the indicated location... you dig up a chest filled to the brim with military loot and rare items, accessories. You have succeeded. You have won. You have the glory.

The best part about DayZ, for me, are the experiences shared throughout an interacting community and the stories we share amongst your friends or YouTube, Twitch etc. I have a few silly ideas like this one that I will no doubt share in the future on this forum, so I apologise in advance. However, I hope you would agree that I can think of no greater tale of adventure and endurance quite like the individual or shared quest for fortune and glory! I implore you to build upon and critique this idea... so that the game within its current infancy can grow into something unique and brilliant.

Cheers for enduring the cringe,

Arawn

That would be pretty damn cool.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1