Raible

It's Been 6 Years

Six years since Dean told us he just needed $15 and three months to fix some net code.

Anyone else remember that?  When we just wanted a stand-alone mod of Arma2?  Dean promised us that.  He said he was going to take it to Steam and charge us $15.  All he wanted to do was to fix the net code and he promised us he wouldn't charge us any more than $15.

Yeah, it's 6 years and $30 later and we still have a game in early access.

Remember the beta plan they put out in 2015?

Remember this time last year when beta was going to be by end of 2017?

Are things better than they were in 2013?  Yeah!  Great!  Not my point.  So glad we're developing tech for Arma IV.  

I played the mod.  I paid my $30 on day one.  I'm not a hater.  I'm just getting a little tired.

Edited by Raible
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 2

Yes the process was not exactly optimal for EA. It is like Development of DayZ 1.0 was cut, and they went straight for 2.0. Quite frustrating indeed, especially when from a gamers perspective the game was basically stalled. But now server files has been released, and plenty more bits of entertaining stuff are about to come, so I think it is almost the time when the frustration will go away, at least a lot of. 

7 hours ago, Raible said:

Dean promised us that. 

Yes...

a memorial service
take our hats off and look at the ground
and nod
.. yes... Dean

who was always so happy and smiling..
who climbed a great mountain ..
who went away from us ..
who Laid down his Burden
Dean.. !

but he is still WITH us, brothers and sisters
somewhere
he is watching over us.
now let's all sing ...

Rock Of Ages

(i'm going round the back for a smoke, anyone coming?)

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Beans 4

7 hours ago, Raible said:

...three months to fix some net code.

So glad we're developing tech for Arma IV.  

We get DayZ with Arma IV tech instead. Sounds awesome.

• Beans 3

On 10/7/2018 at 12:06 PM, ImageCtrl said:

Amen

Edited by pilgrim*
- on Xbox and Playstation

I'm really dissapointed to see one version of game taking almost half a year to just be published on stable branch. I feel like developers are either sipping Martinis on the beach or just not very skilled to develop a game.

I hope for the best, but I'm starting to lose trust, too.

On 10/7/2018 at 2:00 PM, Just Caused said:

I'm really dissapointed to see one version of game taking almost half a year to just be published on stable branch. I feel like developers are either sipping Martinis on the beach or just not very skilled to develop a game.

I hope for the best, but I'm starting to lose trust, too.

which beach is that ?
they are aiming for stable branch on Xbox, obviously
everyone <PC> plays Experimental anyhow

fashion note :
martinis on a beach - like brown city shoes - don't make it
it is 'tres street chic' to be seen with a bottle of gin and a straw
disappointment is out of style

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Beans 1

10 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

which beach is that ?
they are aiming for stable branch on Xbox, obviously
everyone <PC> plays Experimental anyhow

fashion note :
martinis on a beach - like brown city shoes - don't make it
it is 'tres street chic' to be seen with a bottle of gin and a straw
disappointment is out of style

I don't enjoy Experimental since, as far as I know it it doesn't have persistence and overall quality of life is degraded from 0.62 Stable. Last time I checked it, it didn't have half of items that were present in older versions. I can't make camping sites, can't make garden or get a vehicle. Also, if I don't play long enough, newer Experimental version will roll out and there goes my character with it.

I like to take risks. Especially like wearing white shirt on Labour Day or brown shoes with charcoal suit. Just for the giggles.

On 10/7/2018 at 3:53 PM, Just Caused said:

I don't enjoy Experimental since, as far as I know it it doesn't have persistence and overall quality of life is degraded from 0.62 Stable. Last time I checked it, it didn't have half of items that were present in older versions. I can't make camping sites, can't make garden or get a vehicle. Also, if I don't play long enough, newer Experimental version will roll out and there goes my character with it.

I like to take risks. Especially like wearing white shirt on Labour Day or brown shoes with charcoal suit. Just for the giggles.

0.62 was OK

Edited by pilgrim*
- anyone disagree ?

Yea it’s taking a very long time , but it will be worth it In the end . 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 4

Couldn't agree more. 6 years. Yes more features were added. Yes, there was a need to upgrade the engine. 

Fact is, many other experiences have been released that are far more developed and DayZ FEELS almost the exact same as 6 years ago. 

Clunky zombies. No base building or real vehicle use. Awkward melee combat. Awkward everything. Disappointing to see such potential turn into... Not much. 

Give it a few minutes. A few of the lurkers around here will come by, scold us on how we don't understand the need for the new engine, tell us to shut it, and to play something else. 

We are. Point is, we wanted THIS to be great. It's not. Sadly. 

I expect, a few servers to restore some of the .62 and below features. Not everyone is into a stamina system, or feeding cow system. They want a good survival shooter and its showing everyday the more keep purchasing Survival, and FPS shooter games they are looking for that .45 Dayz experience but with everything working and basebuilding is very important. If mods where not so difficult to install and broken patches for Arma 3 exile, epoch i think players would have played that more. Well maybe even the character animations needed to be redone. So many UE, Unity engine games made character animations so much better then this engine.

DayZ has been part of my life since day 1, and I still love it. I'm almost at the 3000 hours milestone, and I'm still enjoying it. Although I have to admit I miss some features, it's still DayZ. I really like how the game changed many times with mechanics, visuals, audio, etc.  For many years I thought the audio part wasn't been worked on enough, but now it's very cool and I like the direction it's taking.

It's been a bumpy road, and still is, but it's by far my favorite early access road I've taken, and I've taken many, many...

Cheers to DayZ, and to Dean Hall!

eu0vhx.jpg

Now if they can simply add back the baseball caps so I can get my beige one, I will be the happiest lad there is!!
15d44s6.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

How on earth is December 2013 to now six years?

Come back when you can manage some simple maths boy.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, Raptor97 said:

Haha true that seems to go over everyone’s head ... i think everyone counts the dayz mod for at least a year before standalone even came out , but Stand-alone didn’t come out until a few days before Christmas of 2013 IIRC. 

Almost 5 years now , not six . Although I do remember waiting for Halo 2 for at least 3 years and that was a 2004 game , so that puts it into perspective I suppose . 

Edited by blackberrygoo

8 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

Yea it’s taking a very long time , but it will be worth it In the end . 

it's always been worth it for a very long time .. I don't see any reason to reach the end of being worth it

8 hours ago, sneakydude said:

r that .45 Dayz experience

100 harvested Thumbs...pointing straight up, for that reference....my man.

• Beans 1

On 10/7/2018 at 5:00 AM, Raible said:

Blabla...

I'm just getting a little tired.

So are we...of posts like urs. Because its just really hard to understand why u would feel the need to write this when u know it dosent make a difference, u know u could just play another game meanwhile, u know 6 years to make a game is normal....

To me....its just showing weakness when u write a post like this. Weakness because u cant seem to fill ur life with anything else besides waiting for Dayz, and weakness because u think ppl should feel sorry for u.

Edited by svisketyggeren

I remember that DayZ was already announced dead 6 years ago... ;)

• Beans 3

17 hours ago, Raptor97 said:

Just for the record...Dayz standalone was announced in August 2012 ...so that is exactly 6 years right now...even a bit more ( first screen shots of new made interiors were shown in October 2012).

On 7.10.2018 at 7:52 AM, TheCreeper (DayZ) said:

Oh, this thread again..............................

I even think it is the perfect time for exactly this thread again...reviews and critiques are mostly negativ, most players lost interest and moved on to play other games, youtube presence would be dead without X Box content at least compared to the old times...player base is absolutely low even during weekends...and honestly  0.63 ist boring, unpolished, unballanced and buggy as hell for a game that should reach beta and 1.0 within the next 3 months after being developed for 6 years...this is simply a fact. Compared to Arma 3 it even looks cartoonish and not that realistic ( console graphics).

...even BI fanboys and Arma/DayZ veterans like me are disappointed and pissed...so threads like this are not written anymore by trolls and bullies but by real fans of the game !

On 7.10.2018 at 12:06 PM, ImageCtrl said:

with shifting most Arma3 devs to Ylands and Vigor and with releasing dayZ on consoles it seems obvious that DayZ and its playerbase (PC gamers that is) is somekind of a sacrificial lamb....for BI's future plans....

• Beans 1

Move along kids - this is a meeting of experienced PC players ..

IkuU7W7.jpg

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Beans 3