Yea. You need a leather sewing kit. It's got like a brown image with what appear to be pins.

The regular sewing kit, the box with what appear to be flowers is for clothes.

For either one simply put it in your hands, open inventory and press b(combine) on the item to repair. This will repair it without removing it. To repair something on the ground simply equip the kit, and look at item and hold RT.

2 hours ago, Bombarding said:

Yea. You need a leather sewing kit. It's got like a brown image with what appear to be pins.

The regular sewing kit, the box with what appear to be flowers is for clothes.

For either one simply put it in your hands, open inventory and press b(combine) on the item to repair. This will repair it without removing it. To repair something on the ground simply equip the kit, and look at item and hold RT.

Are you sure that's for backpacks? The only thing I've managed to repair backpacks with so far is duct tape. 

You Can definitely use leather kit for fixing backpacks , I've done it many times . Just do as OG poster says and hold backpack in hands and combine from inventory or take bag to hands and look directly at leather kit and the prompt to repair will appear by holding RT

16 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Are you sure that's for backpacks? The only thing I've managed to repair backpacks with so far is duct tape. 

Never knew duct tape could repair back backs. But it would seem you could could use either

4 hours ago, Bombarding said:

Never knew duct tape could repair back backs. But it would seem you could could use either

It can fix all items of clothing & backpacks but only once I think

2 hours ago, Gav Williams said:

It can fix all items of clothing & backpacks but only once I think

You can get a few uses out of duct tape. It has a percentage of how much is left. 

13 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

You can get a few uses out of duct tape. It has a percentage of how much is left. 

Sorry mate,I meant you can only repair the clothing once. With a sewing kit you can repair an item multiple times 

1 hour ago, Gav Williams said:

Sorry mate,I meant you can only repair the clothing once. With a sewing kit you can repair an item multiple times 

Oh, not sure what you mean now. I know that any repairs will at best repair something to WORN. Are you saying if it gets damaged again, duct tape won't work twice? 

13 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Oh, not sure what you mean now. I know that any repairs will at best repair something to WORN. Are you saying if it gets damaged again, duct tape won't work twice? 

Yeah,I should have just said that in the first place,lol

OK, I didn't know that, worth knowing. I wish we could improve our repair skills to be able to make things pristine again! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ryan JG said:

Can silences on guns stop working as well?

Currently the only three gun suppressors don't break with use, but the craftable bottle suppressors (bottle combined with tape) will break when fully implemented. The pistol and east suppressors which are in game don't deteriorate with use either but I'm pretty certain that the plan eventually is for them to degrade with use & I'm pretty certain weapons will also degrade and jam when damaged. But that isn't implemented ingame yet, also the NATO suppressor for American and Western European weapons isn't in this build yet either but will be added down the road. Hope this helps

• Like 3