ImpulZ

Unable to reload magazine into a weapon (REPRODUCTION STEPS REQUIRED)

Question

Hello guys,

we are on the lookout for an issue:

Reloading a new clip into a weapon does not work.

This issue has been reported to us multiple times, but we still lack exact reproduction steps to find the cause of the problem. If you know how this issue is created, let us know. Videos are always the most helpful way, you can link them here or submit them to our Feedback Tracker at feedback.bistudio.com.

• Like 1

I will try to mess my gun up hard to replacate i only have one rho i will try

Edited by Hoseph Dexter
Wrong

5 hours ago, BrendanCiccone said:

If you have a gun equipped to your person (not in your hands) and you take out a magazine via micromanaging, it’s guaranteed to break it. I broke 5 in a row doing this.

Yes same as if its on the ground. You can take the mag empty the bullets or fill the mag. It will let you put the mag on another gun but the gun you micromanaged the clip out of will never load more then a single chambered round after that

I believe if you put the gun on the ground micro manage the clip out of it then pick it up and try to put a clip into the gun it breaks that individual gun

• Like 1

This bug occurs when you use "Y" to reload when you're also ADSing (holding Left Trigger). The bullets in that magazine will be "ghost bullets", which wont register when shot. However, if you just use "Y" to reload without holding "LT" everything works fine. Though the extra magazines seem to have to be in your backpack for that to work. I've tested this multiple times and can replicate it every time, if you hold LT and tap Y the gun gets bugged. Hope this helps. 

P.S. Please add the ability to hold your breath, it's nearly impossible to engage anyone over 250-300m with all of the weapon sway.

So either their are two ways that this is happening or everyone in here is wrong. I use Y to reload 50 times a night so I have no idea what they are talking about. 

How it happened is have a gun equipped on you shoulder. Go into inventory and make sure the weapon is extended, scroll down to it and hold A and micromanage it to you hands using LB. I have tested this and would solve for it to be fixed because it’s just a faster way to start reloading, no animation to wait for. 

You can still load 1 into the chamber manually.

I would love to help guys already got 5 days on console. If y’all need a video just let me know I’ll get it done for you. 

For the community on reloading topic:

I just did a test and put all my extra M4 magazines in one storage area and maxed out that same are with other items. I think it was my character's pants.

I then tried to reload the M4 in my hands by just pressing Y in the main HUD (outside of inventory menu) and the M4 would not reload even though other storage items were not full such as backpack. I then went back and made room in my pants so this inventory space was not maxed out but still had the magazines for M4. Went back to main HUD with M4 in hands, pressed Y and I was able to reload.

The issue of not being able to reload by pressing Y is caused by maxing out the inventory space holding the extra magazines.

Kynero

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:36 AM, ImpulZ said:

Hello guys,

we are on the lookout for an issue:

Reloading a new clip into a weapon does not work.

This issue has been reported to us multiple times, but we still lack exact reproduction steps to find the cause of the problem. If you know how this issue is created, let us know. Videos are always the most helpful way, you can link them here or submit them to our Feedback Tracker at feedback.bistudio.com.

For the community on reloading topic:

I just did a test and put all my extra M4 magazines in one storage area and maxed out that same are with other items. I think it was my character's pants.

I then tried to reload the M4 in my hands by just pressing Y in the main HUD (outside of inventory menu) and the M4 would not reload even though other storage items were not full such as backpack. I then went back and made room in my pants so this inventory space was not maxed out but still had the magazines for M4. Went back to main HUD with M4 in hands, pressed Y and I was able to reload.

The issue of not being able to reload by pressing Y is caused by maxing out the inventory space holding the extra magazines.

Kynero

Well ... I will tell you how this happened to me a few weeks ago, because I remember until today. I was in kamyshovo with my AKM and SVD had just killed some players and I kept the magazines empty, I remember that I was with the backpack was very full, and since I had two guns I had to throw the armor I had on my hands, I reloaded all the magazines I had on my waistcoat and I had to carry the magazine that was on the gun that was placed on the ground. error occurred. instead of me paying the gun for my hand to take the magazine and then recharge it, I went in the gun that was on the floor i puchei the magazine directly to my hand without touching the arma.carried the magazine put in the backpack and then I caught in the akm already with error because outside the invemtario she presented that it was with the empty magazine, and when it opened the invemtario the weapon did not present magazine in such space and could not combinalo nor recharge with button Y ..... that was how this mistake happened to me twice

I also want to report an error that happens to mousin1930 when she is with the full reviewer after firing the first shot she does not pound the whistle to insert the bullet, that should happen when she clicks the RT trigger again. the only way to make another shot and reloading another bullet with a click on the Y button being that there are 4 bullets in the magazine unusable .... please take a look

On 10/4/2018 at 1:19 PM, pedro135 said:

devs please dont listen to people saying Y to reload dosn't work cause it does. its only broken when youre holding LT when you press Y. the only issue ive noticed is that when i first join a server it occasionally wont realise im pressing Y to reload so i have to use the combine from inventory but after doing that once then i can use Y reload again and i NEVER have experinced ghost bullets by pressing Y aslong as i didnt press it while holding LT.

This man doesnt know what hes talking about and he doesnt speak for me. I cant reliad with y and if i hold LT ghost bullets... i also cant reload off the quick wheel with b

Edited by Hoseph Dexter

On 10/7/2018 at 1:43 PM, Hoseph Dexter said:

This man doesnt know what hes talking about and he doesnt speak for me. I cant reliad with y and if i hold LT ghost bullets... i also cant reload off the quick wheel with b

obviously your gun has broken then this also happens to me and everyone else, but reloading with Y in itself is not a problem as when the gun is WORKING you are able to reload with Y in all those ways (besides the LT causing ghost bullets). this isn't a place to tell the dev's the problems you're having they're looking for information on what is causing the problems to occur and the different ways people tackle them as that is where they need to tackle them.

On 10/5/2018 at 1:01 AM, vyyin said:

I believe if you put the gun on the ground micro manage the clip out of it then pick it up and try to put a clip into the gun it breaks that individual gun

That has been my experience as well. Recently, I have just been reloading using Y while a gun is in hands to a fresh mag, and then just go into inventory, put gun on my shoulder, take the recently unloaded and empty mag to hands, and load bullets. Seems to prevent the glitch so far, albeit not very quick and convenient. 

Hi Guys,

i have had this a few times and each and every time it happens, my inventory has glitched. (I.e. 92 in a 90 backpack - had it without a backpack but one of my inventory had peaked above max). When this happens I then start getting duplicates which may sound great to some but very frustrating when trying to equip your gun. I’ll try replicate and see if I can nail it.

GK

Devs. There's usually no particular cause to this. It has happened to me multiple times without reason. Sometimes, and I mean only a handful of times, does throwing it on the floor multiple times and switching between inventory does it work. This sometimes help but we need a fix not work arounds. This has happened whether or not I press Y to reload. The gun has always been in good condition too(worn). I have space in my inventory as well. Because of this I no longer carry an M4. Plus the M4 is known not to register shots way more often than any other weappn(I've died 4 times in a row because of this) I think you need to rework the M4 from scratch as it has multiple issues.

since the most recent xbox update i have to wait around 5-15 minutes before i am able to reload, ive tried this on all server regions.

This just happened to me today, third time ever. But I seemed to have caused it by having the AK equipped(over my shoulder) and wanted to put 2 loose rounds in the current mag. I went to the gun as it appeared on the right of the inventory screen, as though it were a backpack, highlighted the mag and pressed A. This pulled out the mag to hand, silently this time, and I can no longer put a mag in. In my attempts to strip the AK of all parts whenever I leave the inventory screen and have the AK in hand it automatically reattaches the stock. Dunno if that is an indicator or not.

Edited by Robbie M Saucier
Oher=over

I keep seeing the same "reload issue" post.  Aren't there already like 5 of these same posts????   I've not had a problem reloading a gun unless my inventory is full. A mag has a slot space of 2. If you don't have any room in your inventory it won't reload because it puts the "used" mag in your inventory before taking the "new" mag out.  Also, I find if the mags are in your backpack, it won't reload as well.  Keep your mags in your pants or jacket/shirt.  And leave 2 available inventory spaces open. I have had NO issues since the first day doing it this way.  

Drop gun on ground,hightlight the mag while guns on ground press “y” to put it straight in inventory,equip gun to back,go to the mag and micro manage to the gun in inventory, put gun in hand and it will reload automatically, then your good to go...to reload with glitching it or getting it stuck...while gun in hand double tap “y”(DO NOT AIM WHILE RELOADING)

Hi if you put gun on person and micromanage the clip out of it.best way to glitch the gun out and make it worthless.

Edited by Hoseph Dexter
Poor spelling

You know what is real funny tho i cant put mags in my quick bar and reload off of them like other people can... also i rreloaded ky hand gun everyway passable and no problems there.. i would try to put the gun in my pack but since i just messed up my m4 for you guys i will wait

The reload bug only happens if you try and do a fast reload with Y. Me and my friends tested this. You yourself will reload and hear the gunshots when you fire thinking the bullets register. But if you have a friend with you and try shooting after using Y they will not hear any bullets nor you firing. That’s how my buddies and I determine if a gun is bugged or not. But if you go into inventory then hit Y to eject mag into inventory. Then find a fresh mag and hit b to combine it works everytime and shots register that is how you do not bug your gun. I hope this helps devs absolutely love what your doing with the game keep up the great work.

REPRODUCTION 

"Ghost bullets/Blanks": While holding 'left trigger', press 'Y'  [Surrounding players will hear gunshot, player reproducing will hear and see nothing] (this will cause remaining bullets in the magazine to become ineffective)

"Magazine Stuck in Gun" : Quick Reload magazines by pressing 'Y', then pressing any button during reload animation 

"Magazine won't go in Gun" : MANY CAUSES Exchanging weapons between players, loading new gun with magazine by quick reload pressing 'y' 

*EDIT* Not sure why I got downvoted for reproducing, I'll be sure not to help again :) 

Edited by Mylos Sevensevenseven
Typo

Unable to give exacts on reproduction because I, like many don't know. Could be mag locations in inventory, could be the placing of a mag in the inventory as it's taking the new one out. It's all about pressing y while aiming to reload that cause it. Using b on the quickslot and inventory never cause ghost bullets (blanks). Also note when you are shooting blanks, friendlys nearby only hear a click whereas the you get gun fire on up the user end. When you have mags in a location (such as pants that have a capacity of 20 and it's full of items up to say 19, it can't reload because the old mag needs 3 spaces to be placed in inventory before the new comes out and in the gun. I've noticed glitch mags/gun mostly when the item is stored in inventory. I haven't had the issue in awhile but many seem to have it. Could also be when a server resets it causes it. I know my post address mostly the ghost bullets vs the mag issue because I believe the community wants the ghost bullets fixed first. Oh my m4 is glitched, I'll just grab a new one. Oh my gun is shooting blanks. Now I'm dead.

i find the best way to load a mag, without getting the “Ghost Rounds” by pressing the B button on the mag while the gun is in hand, it then exits the menu and begins the reloading process. also on the Mag subject. if the gun glitches with a mag in it (some will know what i mean) and u cannot get it out. drop the gun on the floor and take the mag out that way, then pick the gun back up, thus letting you load another mag.