molsoncanadians

Thanks for the care package !!

I

I was playing last night and had a couple of hours on my character and was semi geared up…Mosin but no ammo, pistol but no ammo, I had just found a backpack but was barely keeping myself alive and had nothing to eat. I was looting a small village a couple of miles from the coast when I heard some doors opening and knew that someone was near. I didn’t want to encounter anyone and protect my precious gear that had taken me a couple of hours to collect when around the corner came 2 fully geared dudes. Military clothes and backpacks and both brandishing silenced M4s. I was sure this was going to be the end but gave a friendly wave and told them I was unarmed and friendly. After a brief and nervous standoff we started chatted a bit and they gave me a care package! I opened the gift to find a couple of cans of tactical bacon, bandages and a bottle of water…and then they went on their way.

I was so happy to see this kind of attitude in the game instead of the shoot on sight attitude.

These guys were on their way to the coast to help out fresh spawns…if this type of thing is going to continue then there is great hope for this game.

Thanks guys!!

• Like 8

Yep friendlys do exist, were just a rarity. Just remember to pass it in next time you see a fresh spawn 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, molsoncanadians said:

I

I was playing last night and had a couple of hours on my character and was semi geared up…Mosin but no ammo, pistol but no ammo, I had just found a backpack but was barely keeping myself alive and had nothing to eat. I was looting a small village a couple of miles from the coast when I heard some doors opening and knew that someone was near. I didn’t want to encounter anyone and protect my precious gear that had taken me a couple of hours to collect when around the corner came 2 fully geared dudes. Military clothes and backpacks and both brandishing silenced M4s. I was sure this was going to be the end but gave a friendly wave and told them I was unarmed and friendly. After a brief and nervous standoff we started chatted a bit and they gave me a care package! I opened the gift to find a couple of cans of tactical bacon, bandages and a bottle of water…and then they went on their way.

I was so happy to see this kind of attitude in the game instead of the shoot on sight attitude.

These guys were on their way to the coast to help out fresh spawns…if this type of thing is going to continue then there is great hope for this game.

Thanks guys!!

Nice! You got lucky, last geared people I seen blew me away when i tried to talk to them.

• Sad 1

Good stuff!

For a moment I thought you may of been one of the two guys my team helped recently. Except, we gave them some BBQ steak and some water.

It’s quite nice hearing these types of stories amongst all the typical chaos you see in DayZ.

The hero play style is very risky, though rewarding. As yeti mentioned, don’t forget to pass it along when you’re able to.

• Like 2

Very Lucky!

I got invited to a party to help a team out and they simply shot my fully geared Character!

Swings and Round abouts I guess.

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, Ryan JG said:

Very Lucky!

I got invited to a party to help a team out and they simply shot my fully geared Character!

Swings and Round abouts I guess.

Geez... How low do they go these days? I'm terribly sorry to hear that and I was actually recently invited to a party mid-game on a Netherlands server and found the invite to be suspicious, so I ignored it... Kind of glad I did after hearing what happened to you. :(

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, Molecular Drift 1.0 said:

Geez... How low do they go these days? I'm terribly sorry to hear that and I was actually recently invited to a party mid-game on a Netherlands server and found the invite to be suspicious, so I ignored it... Kind of glad I did after hearing what happened to you. :(

The first couple of weeks were like that for me every time I’d play I’d get an invite or 2, never accepted cuz I’d rather be in game chat

• Like 1

I just don't see how that is fun.

I'm fine being backstabbed if it was all ingame chat. But when you set up a party request for help and then kill the help... well thats just poor gaming and bad for the community.

I want to be a hero player so bad but it's just so hard.

• Like 1

I used to be a bitch and KOS but i realized the error of my ways and only get aggressive is no response is made and they have a firearm that's equipped.i give plenty of time for a verbal or physical gesture to notify me that they are not a threat.But recently allowed somone to talk me into my inventory and do a trade.seemed like a wonderfully great manored gentleman from the down under. So I begin the one of those hard cases with goodies wen all I hear is 2 'thwaks' almost Simoltanicly. Slowly dying bleeding on the wet grass.i hear him and another discussing who's taking what from my body.

I will now be way more cautious of individuals.though I do believe all is punishment for my horrible massacres of unarmed friendlys.C

Karma is a bitch I suppose,as I was for doing the evil deeds I did. Someday I'll have that sentence paid off and hopefully put the past behind me were it belongs.Til then fellow survivors.Keep vigilante.Pay it forward.and always tip your waiters 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jerry Young said:

I used to be a bitch and KOS but i realized the error of my ways and only get aggressive is no response is made and they have a firearm that's equipped.i give plenty of time for a verbal or physical gesture to notify me that they are not a threat.But recently allowed somone to talk me into my inventory and do a trade.seemed like a wonderfully great manored gentleman from the down under. So I begin the one of those hard cases with goodies wen all I hear is 2 'thwaks' almost Simoltanicly. Slowly dying bleeding on the wet grass.i hear him and another discussing who's taking what from my body.

I will now be way more cautious of individuals.though I do believe all is punishment for my horrible massacres of unarmed friendlys.C

Karma is a bitch I suppose,as I was for doing the evil deeds I did. Someday I'll have that sentence paid off and hopefully put the past behind me were it belongs.Til then fellow survivors.Keep vigilante.Pay it forward.and always tip your waiters 

You always have to take words at face value. Not until enough time is spent, and ones demeanor is better known can more trust be given.

I had a scenario last night where my team and I were in Novo. I was up a ways ahead of my group of three, one guy we teamed up with earlier in the evening. Anyway, I shot two zombies, and barely noticed a guy with an AK standing behind the doorway of the building next to the dead zeds.

I told him I was friendly, and just killing zombies. He said he was cool, and we started talking. He then dropped a can of beans and asked if I could open them.

[Red flag]

I stepped back and told him to drop all his gear first. He hesitated a bit, then started dropping his stuff.

As he was my team pushed in, having no idea I found another person. Since backup had arrived, I told him he could grab his stuff back. He ended up being a good guy, and we teamed up after that.

Moral of the story is, don’t hesitate to be overly cautious when it comes to covering yourself. If something feels off, or you’re unable to control a situation, try leaving.

Most people understand that any hostility usually ends in death. So most will try to mitigate that risk by complying.

• Like 1