robotstar

Player deathmessages

In the absence of server admin tools to see when players are KOSing others (We're a no KOS server), I'd really love to get death messages "Jeff shot Bill from 300m with Mosin" until we have admin log control. I've seen a post about it previously where it was working, but the code owners were apparently unwilling to share how they achieved it (Why?!). Anyone have any ideas on how we could do it?

Would also Love to have this on my server, would be very handy with the buggy game mechanics in mind.

22 hours ago, The Classified Rebel said:

follow this thread that is already going. 

Thanks for posting this chap. I've actually been watching that post too. it's where I found that it had been successfully done. sadly nobody who worked it out will share how they did it. I'm using CFtools.de at the moment and, while it's better than using DaRT or another RCON app, it still won't allow us to see death messages. Remaining hopeful!

2 hours ago, robotstar said:

Thanks for posting this chap. I've actually been watching that post too. it's where I found that it had been successfully done. sadly nobody who worked it out will share how they did it. I'm using CFtools.de at the moment and, while it's better than using DaRT or another RCON app, it still won't allow us to see death messages. Remaining hopeful!

FTP needs to be properly configured for that feature

8 hours ago, robotstar said:

I hear ya, I asked one of the admins of a server that has it and I was told to F off...… I am only putting in for events on my sub server but everyone seems like they are competing for players to fill their server when everyone else just wants to play and have fun.

6 hours ago, philippj said:

How do I find not how to put my file in ftp? plz

18 hours ago, philippj said:

Apparently it definitely is configured properly from my server side? But there is no .ADM file that CFtools can read?

8 minutes ago, robotstar said:

Apparently it definitely is configured properly from my server side? But there is no .ADM file that CFtools can read?

The logfiles must be reachable from the FTP user home directory and the users needs to have certain permissions. (Location of ADM files are being set via the -profiles server startup parameter)

You can test your setup unser Configuration -> FTP -> Connection test

Edited by philippj

3 hours ago, philippj said:

The logfiles must be reachable from the FTP user home directory and the users needs to have certain permissions. (Location of ADM files are being set via the -profiles server startup parameter)

You can test your setup unser Configuration -> FTP -> Connection test

This is the response I've had from our server provider:

You need to tell dev that your server it's running on a cloud hosting using tcadmin control panel, i suspect dev build up that tool thinking on VPS and Dedicated Machines hosting their own servers and not thinking about server providers and control panels.

Your FTP it's working, CFtools might need some "special" FTP permission or request to work, but seems it's not working with tcadmin and only dev can make it compatible, in fact, he should make it, because most of servers that exist are hosted on cloud services using a control panel like tcadmin or alternatives.

Not sure if this helps you at all, but worth knowing I guess!