Sign in to follow this  
Mantasisg

Playing in deathmatch servers impressions

Hello :) First of all, big thanks for Devs for finally unleashing one bit of entertainment by releasing server files !

I mostly played in DM servers past two days, I really wanted to have good PVP in DayZ for a long time, previously it was too hard to get high gear and then actually get into proper PVP, fail multiple times and learn things. Now it is a great thing for practice gunfights, or quick game if you don't have time to press W for two hours. And it is really entertaining. I am sure many more entertaining server cofigs will be discovered with different PVP/survival balances for each ones needs. 

So there are three main DM quick PVP servers now. 

-Chernogorsk 100 players server. No zombies, no loot, bodies despawn quickly, spawning with high end loot. The performance is good, with minor issues, in rare occasions game is crashing, but very playable anyway. Usually the server is never full, but you can say that it is nearly full, as it starts performing slightly worse.
-Stary Sobor 35 players server. No zombies, no loot, can loot bodies, spawning with high end gear. Didn't have any issues. Have played in nearly full server when there were more than 35players allowed and it was madness.

-Airfield/Prison Island 40players server. Some zombies, some loot, spawning with high/mid end gear. Perhaps best DM server but always full. I would really love to get in it when it runs Prison Island though it might be packed. DayZ seems to cope well with 40 players in area like NW Airfield.

From there it would be cool to have many different presets, like spawning with low end gear and having a possibility to loot for better loot. Or having limited amount of ammo, so you would look after each bullet. Spreading Deathmatch in wider area, blending in more survival and less deathmatch madness and so on as game will get more entertaining as a survival mode in near future, or even with some good mature mods... possibilities are huge. 

I really like new game controls system, easy to learn and get used to, makes sense, and flows nicely.

DayZ map has always been nice, but in many places it is next level now. Forests are 10/10 so many features in there. Again renewed Chernogorsk blew my mind when I ran through there for first time. I think it is a bit extreme lol 

Gunfights sounds are incredible, probably couldn't be better. Would be nice to hear steps better when someone is running close, running through woods where there are no track should be rather noisy as all kinds of stuff sticks under feet breaks, just a thought. 

Really looking forward for what is going improve with animation bones optimisations, also with vehicles and basebuildings. 

• Beans 2

Holy shit!!!  You did it.  A positive post.  Pinch me; am I dreaming?

• Haha 2
  • Beans 1

Im loving the Dm servers. i got a lot of practice in and just an hour ago i got a pretty sweet sniper shot with the SVD and scope. im putting in alot of time on these DM servers to hone my skills for when i can drive up to NWAF in my loaded SUV with GPS and have a fantastic firefight when i get there. =) 

Thank you Devs server files breathed life into your game. 

• Beans 1

16 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Holy shit!!!  You did it.  A positive post.  Pinch me; am I dreaming?

Yeah I am special guy here... What do you expect from a man ? Positive thoughts, positive posts. I have decided to make a positive post, because the rest of you didn't make it. What kind of community has no reactions over negative things, as well as no reactions over positive things, zombies :D I also don't see anything about battleroyale mod which has already got massive exposure.

Edited by Mantasisg

13 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

Yeah I am special guy here... What do you expect from a man ? Positive thoughts, positive posts. I have decided to make a positive post, because the rest of you didn't make it. What kind of community has no reactions over negative things, as well as no reactions over positive things, zombies :D I also don't see anything about battleroyale mod which has already got massive exposure.

Battle Royale is a dead format; already too played-out.  The next big thing is persistent world KOTH.  Battle for strategic control points; resource, transport, and thoroughfare monopolization.  Own the land, own the loot, control the coastline, own the server.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

Battle Royale is a dead format; already too played-out.  The next big thing is persistent world KOTH.  Battle for strategic control points; resource, transport, and thoroughfare monopolization.  Own the land, own the loot, control the coastline, own the server.

hmm .. war for domination costs credits, lives, time, planning   - for total KOTH try :
EVE Online

xxP

Edited by pilgrim*
~ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eve_Online

9 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I wouldn't say that BR is played out, there are things which will always be fun. 

Agree about strategic kind of game. I would like to participate in server where players would be blue vs green vs red type of thing.

Thanks to Deathmatches I'm getting so much better in gunfights, almost everything is very fluid, and works really well. Original DayZ SA is bad to play in combats when you have no skills, because slow pace of the game you just hardly learn, then you are also not supposed to kill on sight in most cases, so then naturally getting involved into pvp one time in 2-3-4 hours... And people wondered why KOS issue is so bad, like it was not obvious lol With faster pace learning curve gets much steeper, you will not have to attack each and everyone to maintain aiming skills lol

Also Chernarus becomes so much more epic when you add life and events to it, it was pretty much like you didn't see full beauty of it when there is nothing to do, but now it works. 

Edited by Mantasisg